Guest redyellowblue

What is marriage?

5 posts in this topic

Do you think that once 2 people sleep with each other, that that is technically a marriage?

What is it about the process of getting married in todays culture that makes it important? Some people say they don't need a piece of paper toremain committed to each other. If you get what I'm trying to ask, lol, share ur opinion!

I'll give it a go. It's so much more than just sleeping with someone.

It's having a complete trust in another human being that you haven't any other. It's being there for that person even when your tired. It's supportive them when they need it. It's understanding each other's wants, needs, and desires in and out of everything sexual and way more than that alone. It's a profound friendship that goes way beyond the eyes of those around them. It's a sharing of a bond that, if it's true love, will not be broken.

Everyone was made to go through hard times, so they will have hard times as a couple. But it's realizing that our SO will never be perfect. In the midst if realizing that, we learn to be free. We learn to love them because they are ours, and belong to nobody else. This one person in the whole world knows my every insecurity, and yet loves me the same. That's amazing. Marriage is a relationship that is meant to least a lifetime. Marriage is a connection between man and wife in which nobody else can enter into, nor break. Marriage takes work, dedication, etc. It will be painful at times, and it's not always easy. But if you truely love someone whom you have dedicated spending the rest of your life with, I think you can make it through any trial. You will love that person no matter what.

Also to me, Marriage means much more than any paper can show. It takes actions to back up words. It means God has placed someone in your life in which will help us grow in all the right ways. Marriage is a relationship that I won't 100% understand until I get there, but it's good to learn until that time. Marriage: there's nothing in this world that's exactly like it. Much like the person you marry. Each is unique, each is it's own, and individual to the couple. Marriage can be a pretty amazing thing when it's properly cherished and cared for. :)

6 people like this

I don't know much about marriage, but here is what I assume and think about when the topic of marriage is mentioned. I think marriage is a big step in a persons life. A commitment to give yourself completely to the person you love. The physical part is just a part of it, there truly is a lot more to marriage than that. It's sharing your life with someone, someone you want to spend your whole life with, who you want by your side forever. Supporting one another in many ways and staying together no matter what. Sharing your happiness as well. Having complete trust in each other and being able to talk about anything (have no secrets). It's like a friendship, but so much more at the same time. It's loving someone more than you thought was possible and have that love grow everyday of your lives. Learning from one another. Looking at your spouse and thinking how lucky you are to have them in your life as your heart fills with even more love. Being there for one another and being each others #1 supporter, believing in your s.o. Going through life together as one. Overcoming anything that life throws at you, whether it be conflict, a tough situation one or both of you is facing or anything really and sticking together through all of it and have it strengthen your relationship. It's a lot of things, and I think it'll take a long time to list everything. I think if you reach a point in your life when you can look at all you have accomplished throughout the years and how your spouse was there with you by your side the whole time you can say you've had a good life, staying together till the end.There is a lot more when it comes to marriage. It's love, trust, commitment, loyalty, etc. I'm sure there are a lot of things I forgot to write but as it would take a while anyway, for now, I'll stop right here. :)

2 people like this

I'll give it a go. It's so much more than just sleeping with someone.

It's having a complete trust in another human being that you haven't any other. It's being there for that person even when your tired. It's supportive them when they need it. It's understanding each other's wants, needs, and desires in and out of everything sexual and way more than that alone. It's a profound friendship that goes way beyond the eyes of those around them. It's a sharing of a bond that, if it's true love, will not be broken.

Everyone was made to go through hard times, so they will have hard times as a couple. But it's realizing that our SO will never be perfect. In the midst if realizing that, we learn to be free. We learn to love them because they are ours, and belong to nobody else. This one person in the whole world knows my every insecurity, and yet loves me the same. That's amazing. Marriage is a relationship that is meant to least a lifetime. Marriage is a connection between man and wife in which nobody else can enter into, nor break. Marriage takes work, dedication, etc. It will be painful at times, and it's not always easy. But if you truely love someone whom you have dedicated spending the rest of your life with, I think you can make it through any trial. You will love that person no matter what.

Also to me, Marriage means much more than any paper can show. It takes actions to back up words. It means God has placed someone in your life in which will help us grow in all the right ways. Marriage is a relationship that I won't 100% understand until I get there, but it's good to learn until that time. Marriage: there's nothing in this world that's exactly like it. Much like the person you marry. Each is unique, each is it's own, and individual to the couple. Marriage can be a pretty amazing thing when it's properly cherished and cared for. :)

It's like you said it all :)

1 person likes this

Kendra and April pretty much summed up by views on marriage very nicely. Though I would like to add that because of the high divorce rate, I think being legally married is all the more important. It's shows that you trust your spouse enough to be willing to go the extra step to be bound together in a legal contract. That way you are legally held accountable to each other.

2 people like this