MaliB79

What's your favorite song?

9 posts in this topic

I love music, and am wondering if anyone here has a favorite song, a song that just makes you feel good when you're feeling down, or think about your special someone (or the 'someone' you hope to meet one day). Maybe this song makes you dance! No matter the genre, year recorded, etc...what is your favorite song(s)?

Here are a couple of mine:

I was in a Borders about two years ago, when I heard Sam & Ruby playing. I was hooked! I love them! They harmonize so beautifully! Their album 'The Here and the Now' is awesome!

http://youtu.be/4CiefxLsvtw

1 person likes this

It would be hard to pick just one. I could probably pick at least 50 songs that are tied for the top spot. Here's a couple, freshly picked from the YouTube orchard like so many (that is to say, 2) musical lemons. Disclaimer: my taste in music tends to alienate folks, so, you've been warned. No refunds.

A dark, artful little ditty. Notice how the instruments shift from being synthetic about halfway through the song. From the narrator's point of view, the subject matter is bubbly and inconspicuous, hopping about from verse to verse at a sing-song pace. But, as described by the Greek chorus in their final verse, it's a much sadder, bizarre tale than the narrator would have you believe.

Big band klezmer music. There's an incredible amount of technical mastery and imagination at work in this song. If I were a musician, I would be jealous of these guys.

I love to listen to J-Pop and J-Rock (Japanese,) but I can only understand a tiny bit, so only the beat and melody, etc, can cheer me up and such. When I need an inspirational song, or a happy song, or I want to listen to a sad song, I listen to English Pop and German Pop (because I can understand 85% of the German.) So for example, "Alles Gute" by LaFee is an inspirational song that I adore, as well as "Du Allein" (although that doesn't apply to me much anymore.) "Da ist ein Licht" by Luttenberger*Klug is great when you feel like things are going very bad. But anyways, for English...there's too big of a variety, I can't even begin to list the songs I love. So I'll just give two of my favourites (but not the #1 favourites because I could never decide,) in German and in English: "Alles Gute" by LaFee, and "My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson. The first is a "there's always a silver lining" song/"tomorrow is a new day," and the second song just reaffirms my belief in love.

I have a lot of favourite songs in many different genres, however, if I had to choose one specific all-time favourite song it would be:

"Auld Lang Syne" by Boney M

The rationale for this choice is that I love the song, what it means, and because it relates to Scottish heritage. The reason why I like Boney Ms version is because this song is usually sung much slower as in with a choir Their version is sung very fast and upbeat, which appeals to me more.

If you are curious as to what Auld Lang Syne means, it is Gaelic for "Times Gone By," which is why is is sung on New Years Eve.

1 person likes this

Wow, tough question! I am one of those people whose favorite song is whatever she is currently listening to. But more often than not, when asked, the first song I think of is "Drops of Jupiter" by Train.

http://youtu.be/KhJA0CRpaJA

I love many, many songs though, in different ways, for different reasons.

1 person likes this

I love My heart stil beats by Beyonce n Infatuation by Christina Alguilera