Canada10024

Dating "Game"

9 posts in this topic

Hey WTM Community:

So I have been thinking about this question for some time now. What are everyone's thoughts on having "game" while dating? I mean, knowing what to say, how to say it, how impress the opposite sex without either being a douche or a player. Do girls want a genuine person being themselves or someone who is not what they seem? Likewise to girls to men.

My last relationship I acted as myself, and it was great. I didn't really use any game or skills or whatever, I was just myself. I ask this because around my (specifically at work I have two friends that refer to it as "wheelin'" and it's how they I guess pick up a girl/ keep her interested. I don't think it's bad but I would have no clue to how to act if the opportunity presented itself in regards to meeting someone. What do you think?!

2 people like this

I believe that most great relationships begin with a solid friendship. So in this case, I would say that "game" isn't a concern for me at all. I would suggest to just be yourself and take it easy and slow

1 person likes this

Good question, Stabler! I meant to make a thread similar to yours earlier, but thanks for putting it out there :)

I think requiring "game" to be impressed is a sign of emotional immaturity because it shows people are too caught up in the thrill of the chase. You'd basically be expecting someone to act in a way that's not really them and using insincere words to gain their interest. Sorry, but relationships are already difficult as it is. Why waste people's time by playing mind games? If you're interested, great. If not, then be honest about it. Not a hard concept to grasp.

One of my closest friends has a lot of "game." He's the type of guy who knows how to make girls feel special and is really into "dating game." He tried to tell me all these BS rules about how to get women interested in me as if it was some sort of formulaic science behind it. He was saying things like, "You gotta make girls feel like they are in control so they'll chase after you instead of the other way around." or, "You can't give her too much attention, just enough to gauge her interest, then pull back and let her come to you." I was like, this is utter BS! If a girl expected these mind games, then that's not the kind of girl I want to be with. Now granted, he has had a lot of success with girls, but the kind of girls he's gone after are....how shall we say, loose. Plus, he just ended a 1 year marriage because his ex-wife turned out to be an immature and manipulative gold digger.

I want a girl who is genuine and honest and will be upfront with me. My friend insisted that all women love to play hard to get. I think he's wrong. I think there are lots of women out there who will love a guy for being himself and not because he can smooth talk with a bunch of empty words. Can any ladies here back me up on that?

6 people like this

Good question, Stabler! I meant to make a thread similar to yours earlier, but thanks for putting it out there :)

I think requiring "game" to be impressed is a sign of emotional immaturity because it shows people are too caught up in the thrill of the chase. You'd basically be expecting someone to act in a way that's not really them and using insincere words to gain their interest. Sorry, but relationships are already difficult as it is. Why waste people's time by playing mind games? If you're interested, great. If not, then be honest about it. Not a hard concept to grasp.

One of my closest friends has a lot of "game." He's the type of guy who knows how to make girls feel special and is really into "dating game." He tried to tell me all these BS rules about how to get women interested in me as if it was some sort of formulaic science behind it. He was saying things like, "You gotta make girls feel like they are in control so they'll chase after you instead of the other way around." or, "You can't give her too much attention, just enough to gauge her interest, then pull back and let her come to you." I was like, this is utter BS! If a girl expected these mind games, then that's not the kind of girl I want to be with. Now granted, he has had a lot of success with girls, but the kind of girls he's gone after are....how shall we say, loose. Plus, he just ended a 1 year marriage because his ex-wife turned out to be an immature and manipulative gold digger.

I want a girl who is genuine and honest and will be upfront with me. My friend insisted that all women love to play hard to get. I think he's wrong. I think there are lots of women out there who will love a guy for being himself and not because he can smooth talk with a bunch of empty words. Can any ladies here back me up on that?

I completely agree with you Vince. "Dating game" is a complete waste of time for anyone who wants a true relationship in which both people are honest and being themselves. Some may enjoy it for some quick fun, but I can't see how something real and lasting can emerge from that.

1 person likes this

I think you guys are looking over the natural game every man has, every man knows how yo flirt a little and that's not wrong as long as you're single. But you are naturally a little flirtatious towards the opposite sex when you are being yourself even if you're not trying to be from what I've seen.

2 people like this

I don`t have any game, women just understand my story ;)

1 person likes this

Dating-Game.jpg

Actually, I have no idea what "game" is. I suspect it's some sort of metaphysical, Force-like combination of equal parts eagerness, bravado, deceit, and spray-on bull elephant pheromones.

2 people like this

Actually, I have no idea what "game" is. I suspect it's some sort of metaphysical, Force-like combination of equal parts eagerness, bravado, deceit, and spray-on bull elephant pheromones.

Very true! A smooth talking guy with game screams player and I automatically have my guard up. I very much prefer guys who are nice and sweet in their approach :)-maybe even a little nervous, it's so endearing! Yeah, I wouldn't know how to play hard to get, I am just too honest of a person to do that and I want that honesty in any potential guys.

5 people like this

I really don't think game is necessary unless the guy is trying for a one night stand or a mostly physical relationship. I kind of feel like "having game" is another way of saying "manipulates women well". I have more respect for a guy who is just himself, rather than being all "hey girl you lookin' fine". It's just really uncomfortable when men do that.

5 people like this