Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest markb4

How close are you to getting married?

22 posts in this topic

Hey all,

All of us here are waiting for marriage before we have sex, but just wanted to know how everybody is doing on their journey to get married? Are you engaged/dating/single and looking/single, but content for the time? By what age will you like to get married?

I think it'd be interesting to hear what everyone has to say. :)

Hey all,

All of us here are waiting for marriage before we have sex, but just wanted to know how everybody is doing on their journey to get married? Are you engaged/dating/single and looking/single, but content for the time? By what age will you like to get married?

Well Mark... I am single :) & I see myself getting married somewhere between 26 to 29. ^_^:wub:

Single but content for the time. If I wasn't so worried about fading physical appearance and/or finding somebody else who's waiting, I'd say I'd like to remain single until about 33-35.

I'm changing careers and trying to build my own little empire, so getting married right now seems silly. Of course, I really wish I had done this earlier, and that I was 18 instead of 28 right now...but don't we all.

I'm probably a little too comfortable on my own though. I'll go for several years without dating, and think little of it. Then one day I just peek my head out again, have a relationship or two, and then go back to my monk life.

I'd prefer being in love to being single, but absent somebody really special, I just assume keep working. I'm kind of over the convenience relationship thing.

I'm single and content for the time, but I'm open to any possibilities that come my way....so I guess I'm not exactly "looking" like searching, but if there is a guy that has admirable qualities, I def roll around the thought in my mind =P (have recently haha)

Ideally, I'd like to be married around 25 or 26. I'm 21 now, and I'll be 22 1/2 when I graduate school, and I just don't see getting married right after school happening at all. So even if I meet someone in the next year or two, I'd wanna date them at least a year and have at least a 6 month engagement before tyin' the knot.

Cool, thanks for the replies.

My turn, I guess. I'm single and looking, I guess you can say. I'm quite obsessed about getting married, lol. Getting married is actually one of my main goals in life even higher than finishing college and starting up the career ladder, lol. But, I know it still is important for me to finish my education and get a good job in order to get married. It's like a Catch-22.

I'm 20 now and honestly would like to marry early like around 21-22, but we'll just have to see how that plays out :) .

Hey everybody! I love this topic, because (much like you Mark), I really want to be married early in life. I'm single, and after getting out of a crappy relationship a few months ago, I am being much more selective this time around! I'm definitely keeping my eyes and ears open to all possibilities. I'm only 16, but I want to graduate college in 3 years and I feel like I have the maturity of a 25-year-old! My main goal in life is to get married and have a family, and ideally I would love to be married before 22. I know that sounds really early, and I just have to wait and see what happens!

I plan more time in because I don't have anyone now, so who knows when I'll meet someone :P;):wub:

im single but im not in need of anything serious im still young but i still wouldn't mind it. i would like to get married b4 30 but if I dont *shrug*...Jamie a lady im found of and have mentioned to some of you b4 who waited 4 her husband was 30 when she met him meat him and i have never seen a better couple and now they have a beautiful little girl named Heidi how is 1 years old now :D

I too feel the whole "getting married is my highest goal in life" thing. Less now than I used to. When I was 20-24, I was obsessed with "finding the one" and such.

Now, at 28, I'm largely over that whole mania, and happier for it. Like Sally said though, most of my opinions and time estimates are based on the fact that I'm not with anybody right now. I might change my tune if I meet some girl that rocks my world tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath (anymore).

Jamie a lady im found of and have mentioned to some of you b4 who waited 4 her husband was 30 when she met him meat him and i have never seen a better couple

Thanks for giving me hope, Andi!

Thanks for giving me hope, Andi!
lol glad i could help :D no worry's you have got plunty of time

I am 18 so I am obviously not getting married any time soon! lol. Um...I would like to be married and have children before I am 30. I would preferably like to get married some time between the ages of 20-25.

I'm single but not really looking but if I find someone then that's great and if not I'm equally content, but me and my future wife will meet when we are supposed to meet and I'm happy to wait (you know what they say... You can't rush perfection!). I would like to be married by 25 but it would more likely be 25-27 and I would like to have children whist I'm in my mid-late 20s so I have lots of energy for running around and playing with our children, teaching them to read and write, ride a bike and swim, climbing trees, swimming in rivers and lakes etc baking cakes and cookies and doing lots of other fun things with our children. I can't wait to be married and have children, although I don't want to rush into things either as that would be unfair on my future wife and children.

-Aaron

Wow, so Mike's answers are freaking me out a little bit...

I'm also single, yet content for the time being.

Single but content for the time. If I wasn't so worried about fading physical appearance and/or finding somebody else who's waiting, I'd say I'd like to remain single until about 33-35.

Same...

I'm probably a little too comfortable on my own though. I'll go for several years without dating, and think little of it.

Ah, same...

I'd prefer being in love to being single, but absent somebody really special, I just assume keep working. I'm kind of over the convenience relationship thing.

Absolutely same! I never did the convenience relationship-- I just couldn't do it, not if I didn't think we could potentially go somewhere.

Now... I'm largely over that whole mania (marriage as greatest goal), and happier for it. Like Sally said though, most of my opinions and time estimates are based on the fact that I'm not with anybody right now. I might change my tune if I meet some girl that rocks my world tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath (anymore).

Yeah!

Hey, thanks for letting me plagiarize! :lol:

Plus, I don't know if anyone else here is in the same boat, as it seems like a lot of us want children and larger families at some point... but I don't have any particular desire to have children. I suppose I could potentially meet someone with the right chemistry and maybe that would convince me otherwise, but as it stands I'd kind of rather not.

With that said, I also feel like most people I can relate to through similar goals and values absolutely want kids once they're married. Taking this into consideration, I've had to knock the whole marriage thing down a couple slots on the "to-do" list, as the children v. no children issue seems like it will become yet another obstacle to try and get around in a relationship... a bit like waiting v. not waiting. I always figured that the guy I marry will be my number one-- if we both decide we want kids later, fine... but if not, that's definitely okay with me. Seriously... if I ever find the guy, we're going to have a LOT of catching up to do, even without kids! :lol:

Honestly, I hope I'm pretty far off. :lol: There was a period of time when i was so desperate for marriage. I'm glad it didn't happen when I wanted it to when I was younger. There is a lot I need to work on as an idvidual before I even have a small hope of being in a healthy marriage relationship or really any relationship.

Umm...I've never even been in a relationship so yeah...I don't think I'm anywhere close to getting married. But you never know, maybe he will come into my life tomorrow and I'll be married by next year or something tee hee.

I plan on getting married in the distant future I have too many career goals that I want to meet before taking that leap lol

OHG I agree, next 5 years would be ideal and kids not til 30+ haha I wanna get on my feet first, you know ?!

I am 18 and in first year university, so not close at all! lol. Ideally I would like to be married with children before age 30. I don't even feel ready to date yet, so we'll see. I'm waiting until at least age 20 before entering the dating scene. I am very shy. >.<

I'm 26, single, and content at the moment. I want to be married, but at this time it does not sound feasible; I'm working towards a new career. Although, my plans for marriage could always change years from now, :) .

I'm single, in mid-twenties, and content at the moment. I want to be married, but at this time it does not sound feasible; I'm working towards a career. Although my plans for marriage could always change a year or two from now/

Hey all,

Not close to being married at all, unfortunately. Like I said earlier I want to be married as soon as possible.