Emulator

I hope there are others like me!

13 posts in this topic

I've always valued stability and not only am I not interested in casual sex but I'm not interested in so-called "long term relationships" unless "long-term" means rest of my life. Being an atheist left-winger who wants to wait till marriage (and doesn't drink or do drugs), I've always felt somewhat left out of modern society.

Well, I've focused on college studies while I wait and hope to meet the right person. It gets frustrating sometimes, so I'm glad to have found this website to help me feel better.

3 people like this

I get where you are coming from. I hate the idea of breaking up with someone who I have been with for a long time. When I was little I heard that Gloria Estefan married her first boyfriend and I thought it sounded really neat :)! Welcome to the site!

1 person likes this

Welcome. I'm just as much an outcast as you are: atheist, WTM, non-drinker etc. Unfortunately, it is rather painful to be an outcast :(

1 person likes this

Welcome. I'm just as much an outcast as you are: atheist, WTM, non-drinker etc. Unfortunately, it is rather painful to be an outcast :(

I've always valued stability and not only am I not interested in casual sex but I'm not interested in so-called "long term relationships" unless "long-term" means rest of my life. Being an atheist left-winger who wants to wait till marriage (and doesn't drink or do drugs), I've always felt somewhat left out of modern society.

Well, I've focused on college studies while I wait and hope to meet the right person. It gets frustrating sometimes, so I'm glad to have found this website to help me feel better.

To both of you: welcome to a community of people who value and offer you empathy, support and candor about a choice you have made :-). Yes, many people here arrived at that choice armed with their faith as a foundation to that choice - regardless of their specific religious upbringing (including myself). But here's the thing I'm most respectful of for both of you, and the anyone else on WTM who is an atheist or agnostic or just not connected to a formal religion - you are almost more impressive for that very fact. You made an active choice and start with a core value you place on relationships, commitments and sexual intimacy... and you've done that within your own sense of who are and who you want to be.

I think - and hope - that you'll find this is a very inclusive community. You'll find those who are faith-based, you'll find those that are not; you'll find those that have always chosen to wait, and those who made a different choice earlier in their lives and have formed a new commitment to wait till marriage; you'll find those that are straight and those that are gay; you'll find those that are very certain and determined, and those that are struggling, but trying every day.

and some days you even find a successful waiter (my specific case) :-).

explore the boards on here and participate with enthusiasm -

1 person likes this