wny

Thin Guys

28 posts in this topic

Are any women out there attracted to thin guys? I assume in the entire world that at least one is, but I'm wondering if it is even a little bit common. I'm not asking if you're only attracted to thin guys and not muscular guys, but whether there is an attraction at all to thin guys. Furthermore, would you feel like you "settled" for a thin guy if you married one, or does it not really matter if he is muscular or thin?

It really doesn't matter to me at all. I even preferred thin boys when I was in my early-to-mid teens. Muscles and facial hair actually were a turn-off for me. Now I don't have a preference at all. When it comes to celebrities, or television show characters, I've been attracted to thin guys, somewhat thin guys, and guys with muscles. Personality plays a HUGE factor in this. I know lots of people say this, but I am entirely serious when I say that without a fantastic personality, I will not be capable of being attracted to a guy. I NEVER went for the whole dark, brooding, mysterious, tortured, handsome thing. You know, like Edward Cullen or Damen Salvatore or Stefan Salvatore, etc. I always have had a thing for funny, goofy, laid-back, happy guys. Like Chandler Bing. ;) Never, ever liked Joey. Ross I only liked as a character. I would totally marry Chandler Bing if he were real. lol. So yeah, I could totally be attracted to a thin guy.

@Sophie-Thanks for the response. I figured personality was a big factor, but that doesn't mean that looks don't matter. I see that you are good with thin guys, and that gives me a little encouragement. I just hope that the general female population is. I don't ever see myself being very muscular. I hope to become a bit more toned, but I doubt I'll ever be too big. I'm not even sure I would ever want to be too big.

I view it like this. I wouldn't want a wife who liked my personality so much that it overcompensated for my looks. I would want her to be attracted to both. I would not want her to overall he more attracted to me, but on a purely physical basis think to herself that some attractive muscular guy is really what gets her going.

1 person likes this

Yeah, I prefer thin guys to really muscular guys. A little bit of muscles is fine, but if it's too much, I don't know, I just don't like it as much. Maybe because if I see a really muscular guy, I just think, "Well, he obviously spends too much time at the gym and not enough time indoors reading". So I guess I think thinner guys are more intellectual, less focussed on their looks and more focussed on deeper stuff.

xxx

I am typically more attracted to men who are average size (neither 'chubby' nor thin) and athletic men, than I am to thin men. I am attracted to muscular men; however, not men who are so muscular that they have no neck. LOL! That creeps me out just a bit.

I am not thin, but tall and curvy, so I typically don't gravitate towards skinny guys, but guys with more meat on their bones, like me. Weird? Possibly, but, that's how I roll! LOL!

Still, I have dated thin men, 'average' sized men, muscular men, and 'a few extra lbs' men who had qualities that outweighed (no pun intended) their looks.

At the end of the day, a combination of attractiveness, intelligence, and personality is ideal.

:P

3 people like this

Yeah, I prefer thin guys to really muscular guys. A little bit of muscles is fine, but if it's too much, I don't know, I just don't like it as much. Maybe because if I see a really muscular guy, I just think, "Well, he obviously spends too much time at the gym and not enough time indoors reading". So I guess I think thinner guys are more intellectual, less focussed on their looks and more focussed on deeper stuff.

xxx

This, all of this, agreement!

I am attracted to men who have muscles and they can be thin or a little buff (not steroid buff). A guy can still be thin but have good muscle tone. If you look at a normal soldier they span from being pretty buff to being pretty thin but that says nothing about their muscle tone. Basically if you look like a 12 year old can beat you up then I am worried...And of course I do care about the guys personality but I want to be attracted to them and for me that says muscle tone.

2 people like this

I love thin guys, as long as they're healthy and not significantly underweight. Thin guys were always my preference, its muscular guys that I've always been wary about. I like the sleek look of thin guys. They look great in tighter fitting clothing. I don't know why but I have always been more attracted to the agile look of a distance runner than like a big bulky football player (not that I find football players body type unattractive).

This might not be a comforting thing to mention, but I am less intimidated by thin guys. For some reason I see big muscular guys as my superior (at least physically). I don't know why but I always see people who are either older, physically stronger, or more intelligent/intellectual as more superior than me, which isn't really a bad nor good thing (i haven't really considered whether or not it would be a good or bad thing when it comes to marriage). The closer a guy is to my size (height and/or weight) the easier it will be for me to see him as my equal (at least in that aspect). This is a horrible thing to think but I feel nervous about a guy who looks like he could toss me across the room or break my arm with his bare hands. Sorry if that is graphic but I have a very vivid imagination.

The guy I currently like is muscular so for now that is what I like. I never thought I would appreciate muscular bodies but I guess he makes me like it, especially since he isn't all macho/tough guy (which I shouldn't assume of guys with his body type because that is a stereotype)

This is a horrible thing to think but I feel nervous about a guy who looks like he could toss me across the room or break my arm with his bare hands. Sorry if that is graphic but I have a very vivid imagination.

I'd expect there are plenty of thin guys who could throw you across the room. ;)

1 person likes this

^ You know what, that's probably true. Most guys even those that are the same size as me are stronger than me. Gets on my nerves lol. My sophomore year when I moved into the dorms for the first time, I had a huge tv (it wasn't the flat screens that everyone else had), and I struggling to carry it only like 100 meters away, and I even ended up dropping it not even halfway there. Then this guy who was probably a bit thinner than me and a couple inches shorter, asked me if I needed help, and he carried it the rest of the way with like no effort. I felt pretty awkward and embarrassed for being bigger yet physically weaker. I am slim but I am kinda tall for a girl so I always feel awkward and kinda masculine around guys that are smaller. In my mind if they are as thin as me then they at least have to be taller, not because I find it unattractive, but because of my insecurities.

Thin guys can definitely be attractive. For instance, David Tennant. Lots of women I know find him attractive, as do I.

Too muscular is actually more of a turn off to me, than too thin.

Also there is always dressing for your body type. Certain clothes can make a thin guy not look that thin.

I sometimes struggle with being a little underweight, but have been working on building muscle to fill out my figure and look more solid. I think there are exercises and diet suppliments for men as well, if you are really concerned about it.

I like a guy who eats well and has a little meat to 'em. But that's just initial attraction, when you really get to know a guy and really appreciate/understand his beliefs, etc, even if his physical traits arent what youd usually consider attractive, theyll actually start to be attractive to you overall. So its not a dealbreaker for me. Although I might feed him a lot after we get married, lol.

5 people like this

I definitely luv thin guys dat eat healthy n exercise regularly to be toned n in shape...I don't find muscular guys attractive at all, dey jus luk out of proportion....m wit thin guys all de way.

As a thin guy I'm very glad the consensus seems to be that thin guys are attractive. I was a little worried women liked muscles. Nonentheless, I still think I should add a little weight. I don't look anorexic or unhealthy, but I still think there is a chance that women who like thin guys would still find me to be too thin. Maybe if I gather the courage I'll reveal my height and weight to see if I can get any opinions on if it's too thin.

I like being thin. I don't think I would feel like me if I were really muscular. But, I don't like being as thin as I am.

To be honest wny, attractiveness doesnt just come in one type of package. For me personally, build doesnt really impact my perception of a man's attractiveness. It may be a minor feature of the overall picture, but I have found men of many varying shapes and sizes to be attractive. For me, attractiveness is mainly to do with a man's face (love a kind warm smile that shines through the eyes), how well-groomed he is, neatness of appearance. I dont really notice a man's build for a good while. I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as you're healthy that's all that matters.

In my family (mainly my dads side), The men tend to be pretty thin until we are middle aged and our bodys slow down. even when i worked out, my body didnt show it until i could out preform those who assumed i had no upper body mass. 

The hard part of this is that alot of the girls i know like the fact the other guys have showing muscles and i look like i cant lift 30 pounds, when i very well can.

Personally I tend to appreciate thin guys - if they have a bit of muscle to them. I myself am little more than skin and bones, so if the guy is as skinny as myself, hugs aren't the most comfortable thing in the world.

I have slept (and I mean actually sleep, not have sex) with men of different body types - from quite thin to rather large (due to build, muscle and yes, some fat), and have to say that resting my head on a thinner chest is simply less painful for the neck ! :) I mean, if the guy is over large, it just makes for a very uncomfortable cuddle session.

Overall, if the guy attracts me as a person, and I initially don't find his physique rebutting, I will eventually find him attractive weather thin or large.

I will have to put in a good word about reasonably muscled men though, they make me feel like they will be able to keep me safe because physically superior.

This being said, wny, don't worry, I'm certain that there are girls around you that feel attracted to thing guys :)

lol woooooowww hahaha, *sheds tear, well hell, dont yall be talking to me haha, this is a muscular, semi chubby, tall country hick.,  hahaha me happy :D

1 person likes this

I'm attracted to nice abs and muscles! I have seen some thin guys that are attractive but the abs and muscles..mmmðŸ˜ðŸ˜˜ my favorite (and preference)

1 person likes this

As a guy with a large frame and muscles to match. I can say with honesty the grass is greaner on the other side. You say girls go for mor muscular guys and to me it seams that girls go for the thine guys. There is someone for everyone.

4 people like this

Through my own personal observations, I've noticed girls generally choose around 50/50 between muscular or skinny guys, with a slight leaning towards muscular. They are a bit more likely to choose the skinny/muscular guys than the chubby guys, and are generally turned off by guys with flab, even if they're skinny.

This only really applies to my own experiences of seeing people in my area or in fiction and the media.