Sophie

What is your career?

55 posts in this topic

Ooh, I've not answered this one yet...

Well, I'm currently in university studying for a degree in English Literature. And I'm also writing a novel. I'd love to be a published writer someday...

xxx

2 people like this

Ooh, I've not answered this one yet...

Well, I'm currently in university studying for a degree in English Literature. And I'm also writing a novel. I'd love to be a published writer someday...

xxx

When I sail my old tub around the UK next Summer for charity I expect some Scotish hospitallity lol Lol

1 person likes this

I eventually want to become an expert in Network engineering or other tier two support activities in the computer science field.  I am taking a beating right now, but I hope to find that special something that keeps me going.  I try to stay interested and keep up my energy but long days are tiring.  How do you keep going?

Ah something I can answer that I can say I'm pretty darn good at.

As the name implies I'm a "rookie pilot" I fly for a smaller sized regional based in the Midwest.

I consider myself very blessed, as I knew when I was just a little kid, maybe 5 or so what I wanted to do.

I still enjoy it each day I get the privilege to fly. I started out flying as a CFI (certificated flight instructor) during college and I still on occasion enjoy teaching flying. I eventually went on to fly old rusty airplanes for a cargo outfit in SoCal.

Honestly that was some cool flying. Much more " hands on" than a jet.

I agree with you Jordan, we say that a lot in this career also.

Its hours and seemingly tons of hours of sheer boredom, interrupted by absolute terror.

Fortunately most of the terror events are done in the Sims.

However each time we climb above the cloud deck and watch as the sun rises. Recalling below that the city we just departed from is socked in with another winter storm. And here we are up here, ride's a bit bumpy, but a look at the airspeed indicator shows were doing almost the speed of sound. Of course don't let me forget to thank the wonderful ATC guys and gals who make flying safe, expeditious, and entertaining.

I enjoy when departure control says delete those speed and altitude restrictions on the departure and we get the airplane climbing like a home sick Angel.

However enough of my love affair with this profession. Like so many of the fine gentlemen here have already stated, I desire to interview for the position of husband/friend/lover/provider/life-partner .......

I want, desire to begin that chapter of our lives. To sorta have a reason besides buying more stuff. A reason to work hard and build something together. Come home to my lovely wife, and sitting on the patio together sipping a martini with the fireplace roaring underneath the stars and God's beautiful creation. Maybe someday though it'd take some getting use to drive that big minivan or SUV.

Someday.