Sophie

What is your career?

55 posts in this topic

Currently working in the tv and film industry. The hours are really chaotic though so I'm considering going back to grad school, especially if I want to start a family. I'd be going for either IT or dental school since I love tinkering with both teeth and computers.

I am an Industrial Engineer and next year I will be studying Economics

@wandalust how is Economics?

Currently working on my master's in speech language pathology and graduating in May. Woohoo!! Once I graduate I'll get a fellowship where I work with a mentor for 9 months and then apply for a license to practice. I was attracted to the field since there are so many different settings to work in like schools, a NICU, hospital, nursing home, or even opening your own private practice. You can work with people of all different ages and disorders too.

1 person likes this

I have a part-time payroll job for steady income. I also do a LOT of hay farming during the summers, and in the fall and spring I help my brother build fence (he's WTM too, btw). This last year I have been trying to start a numismatics business, but taxes are killing my profits.... Anyway, I plan to get married and be the best husband and father I can. Later in life I am striving for being a published novelist, and own a portrait studio with a coin shop in the back. Yup, that's my dream. Not necessarily in that order...

I want to be a doctor, and I will start medical school in the fall. Until then I am a professional bum. I am going to live for 3 months in Buenos Aires, and there I'll try to teach English to win some bread money. I graduated in may with a degree in chemistry. I was a chemist for a few months, but I absolutely HATED it. 

I'm in college as well going into social work. I want to work with children in the area of adoption or foster care. If not that maybe in homeless or domestic violence shelters.

3 people like this

Currently working as a fast food Manager, Taxidermest and cattle hand when needed.  I'm also going to school for Plumbing/HVAC.   So I guess you could say jack of all trades master of none.

Right now I am a college student. I want to get my degree and become an officer in the military.

Why?

I'm a Program Accountant for a non-profit religious organization. I'm also in grad school (MBA) and pursuing my CPA. Basically...a lot! LOL!

I'm a junior in college.  I love science.  I am getting my bachelors degree in Dietetics.  An internship will follow graduation and a test will qualify me as a Registered Dietician.  I wish to work in a hospital counseling patients in nutrition (diabetes, heart disease, etc).  Alternate plan would be to run the food program at a domestic violence shelter and counsel nutritionally.  I'll probably do both at some point.  (Not sure I would want to work at only one place for 30 years).  I also never want to work full time (unless I have to); I could not be the wife, mother, and christian I strive to be if I did.

My current career is... Highschool student athlete!

I work from 7:45 to 2:15 (No pay) and then from 2:15 to 3:00 I act like an idiot with friends, and from 3:15 to 5:00 I play on the varsity tennis team :DD Only one more year left of highschool :DD

2 people like this

My current career is... Highschool student athlete!

I work from 7:45 to 2:15 (No pay) and then from 2:15 to 3:00 I act like an idiot with friends, and from 3:15 to 5:00 I play on the varsity tennis team :DD Only one more year left of highschool :DD

ah, youth. :P

I'm in college right now to become a child and youth worker - once I'm done 2 years of university I'll become a child and youth counsellor not even sure what the difference is lol. I want to work with youth, mainly teenage girls so I wonder where that'll be. I would also like to work with a program that helps youth in highschool who live in at risk communities.

But I'm only going to be 23 once I am done with school unless I choose to go further, so who knows. I'm thinking about becoming a teacher.

1 person likes this

I studied like mad, gained a degree.and then worked for the British government for many many years in the services during the Thatcher government years and can tell a story from it. I so wish my favorite wine was not Argentinian lol. So when she died recentl I was quite sad. Left with a pension which I can draw in 8 years hoorah.

Took over my fathers chimney sweeping business which went crazy and I eventually got bought out by a multi national company which pays for the yacht I still sweep chimneys which is fantastic fun. It keeps me fit.

Ok beat that. He he. All the best,, Col ....

2 people like this

In school...but hope to become a history professor, or egyptologist! :)

2 people like this

I studied like mad, gained a degree.and then worked for the British government for many many years in the services during the Thatcher government years and can tell a story from it. I so wish my favorite wine was not Argentinian lol. So when she died recentl I was quite sad. Left with a pension which I can draw in 8 years hoorah. Took over my fathers chimney sweeping business which went crazy and I eventually got bought out by a multi national company which pays for the yacht I still sweep chimneys which is fantastic fun. It keeps me fit. Ok beat that. He he. All the best,, Col ....

You, sir, sound like you have and have had a fun and interesting life. 

I'm still in school to become an undetermined type of engineer. I can only hope I will enjoy it as I haven't found what I'm passionate about besides piano, video games, and love, which don't exactly pay the bills, for most people. 

I presently work as a armed security guard at a government aerospace facility. I also free lance providing executive protection (body guarding) and private event security. I am also in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve working as an Infantry Machine-gunner in a Combined Anti-Armament Task-force (mouthful...I know).

Being a guard is alright but I prefer executive protection because it is more fast paced and high end. But being any kind of guard in general can best be described as 'hours and hours of sheer boredom, punctuated with moments of stark terror.' What I mean is usually it is just routine day in and day out but every so often someone might break in or a white van might drive up with barrels of fuel in the back.

I have mixed feelings about being in the Infantry since I joined out of patriotic desire to serve not because I wanted to be a Machine-gunner. This was due to my Red-green color deficiency (color blindness) barring me from most jobs in the military. Sometimes it's great putting rounds on target but other times its can be a grind. Just like its great being the tip of the spear but then this also means your on the front lines should anything break out.

The Marines I will just say are the few and the proud; my experience has been one of earning everything I got. Further I may not like those I serve with but I would take a bullet for any of them. Don't join unless you have a really a good personal reason or you believe in being Semper Fi (always faithful) because all the other reasons won't last. However in spite of all of this I don't regret joining.

Currently, I produce carbon dioxide full time. I was recently down-sized from my insurance job due to work shortage  but that is okay because I am free. I want to work in the non-profit sector related to arts management (such as a festival). A have worked at a festival under contract for the last four years being a volunteer coordinator and hospitality coordinator. I love it. Period.

I am a full time nanny and full time student working towards either a career as an CNM/PNP or a  family physician.  I have yet to decide between the two and will need to make choice next year, but I'm happy to finally have a focus it took me 7 years postgrad to get this far.

1 person likes this

I work for an Aircraft Company (private jets)....I build them....BUT, I'm in the process of a career change, working on my business plan..I'm opening a small Cafe'. I LOVE, LOVE cooking!!!!!!!....I plan to branch out from their!!!!

2 people like this

I am a Graphic Designer.  Currently I make instore retail signage.  A lot of what I do is "Production art."  Its okay but not as creative as some of my previous jobs at other companies but as always I will keep moving forward.

Right now I'm a college student studying chemistry, though I want to be some sort of scientist or researcher or something that pays the bills. 

I am in marketing.  A lifelong career of advertising and commercials, of the internet and social media, of promotions and sports and entertainment. of new products and been-around-a-long-time things.   and i have loved (virtually) every minute of it so far.  :-)

4 people like this

I currently have a part-time working for an ice cream company while I'm also a college student studying Criminal Justice. My career options are wide open. I can choose to move up in the ice cream company once I get my bachelors or choose to be a police officer or many other careers within Criminal Justice.