Ruby

Baby names?

63 posts in this topic

Talking with a friend and inspired by a certain girl's name, I came up with a great name for my future son, a name he can be proud to have as he carries on my lineage.

Da\a 

(Da-backslasha)

Guilty. However, it's mostly a by-product of my writing. Can't have characters without names!

I have some ideas as to what to name my future children (though they tend to change a lot), but the only two that are non-negotiable for me are Madison Lucinda and Gabriel Thaddeus. The first names I fell in love with a long time ago and the middle names are for my maternal grandmother and paternal grandfather. I'm praying my future husband doesn't have a problem with these!

I also enjoy the tradition of using names in the family (obviously :D), names from ancient times, names from people that I admire or have inspired me in some way, and unique or unusual names. I'm pretty partial to Biblical, Irish and Japanese names as well.

Love reading all of these! I'm obsessed with knowing the meaning of the name first, but some I just like the sound. I honestly keep a word document so I don't forget my favourites:

Girls:
Celeste

Selene

Serena

Ginger

Boys:

Corvin

Damian

Ronan

Rowan

1 person likes this

I've thought about it, though my main priority, as far as this is concerned, is finding a woman to get married to and then I can (with my wife) really contemplate this sort of stuff. However, I have thought up a couple names. If I had a son, I'd like to name him after my grandfathers (one or both). If I named him after both, it would be 'Donald Abdus' followed by my last name (still to remain a secret, if you're not a FB friend :P). If he was only named after one then it would be Donald Andreas or Abdus Andreas (Andreas is Greek for 'manly' and thus would be a nod towards my paternal Greek ancestry, so even if he got my maternal grandfather's first name, there'd still be a reference to my dad's side of the family). I'd probably used a similar scheme if I had a daughter (i.e. Jamila Idella) but, I'm not as sure about that one. Other than that, anything Persian, Turkish, or Arabic (perhaps even some more Greek or Macedonian or German/Norwegian/French/Dutch names might be good...as I've got a diverse heritage to draw on(I do have a Norwegian cousin named Vidar...makes me think of 'Darth Vidar' :P, thought it might make my kid's life a bit hard, so maybe no on that one). Heck, I might even name a son 'Altan', which means various things in Turkish (Golden, Rising Sun, Red Sun, etc.)

How about Baby #1 and Baby #2? ;)

No?

I do have some. Most are boys' names for some reason. Here are my front runners. I like Isaiah and Samuel Myron _____. For a girl, I like Lily and Lana. This is all subject to change since my future hubby will need to approve and we shall discuss what will be best and what will sound best with his last name. Myron is important to me as a middle name because I had a close family friend who passed away with that name.

Oh and we will not be naming any of our children after any of our exes. lol That's just a recipe for disaster. haha

2 people like this

I don't have a big list but I do have one.

Girls

Andrea

Audrey

Adriana

Katie

Taylor

Boys

Adrian

Andre

Alan

Brian

1 person likes this

When we get married and have kids my boyfriend really want to name our firstborn son Cecilius (Cecil for short) and for a girl we are thinking about Lenora. Other names we really like are Erdrick and Kain for boys and Ursula and Brienne for girls.

My last name is Caine. I always joke with my friends that I'm gonna name my son Coh and my daughter Nova. Do the math.

Mature, I know.

2 people like this

I haven't really thought about baby names to be honest. There are definitely ones I like for both boys and girls, but I have never kept a list. In my family we often use middle names to name after someone, so I'd love to keep that tradition. My middle name is my great-grandmother's name and she was very ill and passed away shortly after I was born. I think it's neat way to honor your ancestors. I do know the first names I choose won't be super common given my longtime boyfriend's last name is Smith!

For girls I will definently name my first daughter Victoria after my greatgrandmother, I never met her but from the stories I hear about her I know we would get along well. I would name them after my grandmother, but the name Dossil (similar to fossil but a D instead of a F), is a name I haven't really heard of. Other names I like are Athena, Madeline (after the show lol), Madision and Audrey.

For boys I love the names Liam, Ethan and Aiden.

I have always been fascinated with names that begin with J, don't know why, I just love them!!So for a boy it would definitely be Jesse or Jabari(swahili)

and for the girl something like Jaden or Jaedyn(God has heard) for that would be a long prayer answered.

1 person likes this

Let me just say that I believe in the meanings of names and I feel they have power and affect the identity of a person....its nothing mystical or spriritual for me its just important that names have meaning. So to that end I actually did pick out 5 boys name and 5 girls names to include middle names (blushes) Even though I know the ultimate decision will rest with the both of us mutually deciding these are the ones I will bring to the table. If it was a boy I would insist that he have the same middle name as me since the last 5 generations of men on my fathers side of the family have the same middle name....its a traditon that I feel can be easily honored since it is a middle name and not a first name. (for identity reasons I changed it to nicholas even though that is not my middle name)

Boys:

Jack Nicholas

Gabriel Nicholas

Abraham Nicholas

Amerigo Nicholas

Lance Nicholas

Girls:

Bella Rose

Bianca America

Isabella Natalie

Natasha Bird

Franchesca Fatali

Back ups gender neutral: Emry, Audrey

1 person likes this

I have names I like ,but they are not etched in stone that's something that will have to be decided on later with future husband.

But I have always liked names in general not related to future children, and what I like changes my current favorites are:

Sadie
Molly

Elsie
Eliza
Bridget

Zoey

Joy
Norah
Iris
Ivy
Hazel
Susannah

Henry
Elijah
Oliver
Samuel

Jude
Oscar
Isaac
Jonah
Ezra
Ira

I tend to like classic names as first names middle names can be more creative like Eliza Liberty or Elijah Arrow.

Love this topic!

Girls:

Cora**

Charlotte

Rose** (thinking for my first daughter)

Audrey

Boys:

Micah

Edward

Reid* (LOVE)

Graham

Dylan

So far that looks about right!!

I've had favorite names over the years, but I always seem to forget them. lol. A lot of times I stop liking a name because I meet a person with a name I like, but then end up not having a good impression of that person. I don't want to think of a person I don't care for everytime I use my kid's name.

For Girls:

Sadie

Aria

Rosalie

Elsie

Juliet

Elspeth

Lucy

Addison

Darcy

Lacey

Sydney

For Guys:

Luca

Nathan

Dante

Colin

Jamie

Logan

Austin

Remy

Etienne

Delaney

Jake

I have some new ones to add.

Maxwell.
Cedric.
Jasper.
Dmitri.
Jacob.
Richmond.
Aaron

Girls:

Juliet

Claire

Marisol

Ariel

Elodie

Fleur

Jane

Alice

Jasmine

Boys:

Ethan

Romeo

Trevor

Ryan

Boys:

Josh

Girls:

Josh

Yep seems like some good quality names there if I do say so mah self.

5 people like this

Girls

• Madeline (Maddie)
  • Alexandria
  • Dragana
  • Faith
  • Hope
  • Holly

Boys​

• Gabriel
  • Malcolm
  • Colt ;)
  • Kimber ;)
  • Vince Jr.
  • Saul

Notice how none of those are Asian names :P

1 person likes this

Boys - Henry, Thaddeus, Daniel, George, Sebastian.

Girls - Roisin, Grace, Charlotte, Violet, Isobel.

Anything unique and creative, but a name with some sort of symbolic meaning is cool too.

Boy - Shayne, Steve Jr.

Girl - Hayli

I would like my first born son be Zachery (first)  Ryan (middle). Haven't decided what would be a second son's name, yet.

Girls:

Allison (first)  Catherine (middle)

Amelia (first) Laura (middle)