Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sally

Post Secret--WTM

6 posts in this topic

check out www.postsecret.com

Read the first postcard posted from last Sunday

Please post any thoughts/reactions you have

I relate to it---I'll probably still be a virgin at 27 too if I"m not married---what bothers me more is also that I've never been in love =/

Since it's about to get taken down in 23 minutes, I went ahead and grabbed the image... ;)

post-2-0-86536900-1318131452_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

ThatGuy--I'm glad i"m a virgin--really--I'm glad I didn't give itup to a guy who it reaaallly it didn't matter to. (i.e. didn't really have a relationship with) I feel like once I'm married the man who I love will fully be respectful, loving and protective about our relationship---meaining he won't share sexual details with people to brag. That is a big deal to me--I don't want to be talked aobut or compared to. I want to be the one he loves :wub: I know that's kinda cheesy, but I'm going with my gut.

I guess I feel like I should have 'been in love' before, but it's not someting you can control, obviously =P

I read it. Didn't really know what to make of it but what sticks out to me is that she uses the word "bother". It "bothers" her that she's a virgin? I guess she's not a virgin by choice? I'm 26 and a virgin, doesn't bother me at all. It's difficult at times, but "bother" is not the word I'd use to describe my choice.

She also says that what bothers her "even more" is that she's never been in love. Is it worth it, to her, to have been in love, had sex, and have the relationship go bad/sour? If so, why? Just so she could say she's experienced love? I'm 26 and have never been in love, that doesn't bother me. I think way too many people jump into "love" just for the sake of it.

Sally, you said you can relate to her but that kind of surprised me. I only say that because that girl seemed kind of "lost", no disrespect intended. However, you are confident, self-aware, and motivated. I wish I were more like you when I was in college.

Would you really use the word "bother"? You've never been in love; if you could, would you change that? Would you rather that you had fallen in love with a guy, even knowing that the relationship didn't turn out the way you wanted? I'm just curious.

It doesn't bother to be a virgin and i'll be 27 in december. I'm proud I have standards and respect for myself

Ok I kind of read the card differently.

To me, it said "I'm a 27 year old virgin. While most people expect that to bother me, it doesn't. What REALLY bothers me is the fact that I've never been in love."

So to me this is a good and relateable thing. :mellow: