Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest markb4

Do you want to categorize the General Discussion forum?

18 posts in this topic

The General Discussion forum is very popular as we all see and now has three pages of threads. Just wondering whether you guys want to subcategorize the threads in it? It would be more organized, I think. I mean, like Mike was saying elsewhere, we could have a "Girls Only" and "Guys Only" section for those question pertaining to them (eg. do you still enjoy buying lingerie, what kind of wife do you want to be, what qualities you looking for in a wife, etc). We could maybe have a sex-themed section for the heavier questions (eg. what exactly are you abstaining from, etc.) Then maybe a general info section (eg. coming out as a waiter, how important is love in marriage, views on purity rings, dream date, how do you feel about children, etc.). And maybe a section for things that don't have to do w/waiting till marriage (celeb crush, fictional crush, what type of music you like, etc.) These are just suggestions. What do you guys think?

1 person likes this

Excellent idea! I assume only Mike can edit it, so hopefully he sees this soon !

Yay! My little baby is growing up so fast. She's already ready for her first sub-forums. :wub:

I'm happy to create whatever structure we need. Let's get it nailed down and I'll take care of the technical part.

So based on Mark's post, here's what we'd be looking at...

1. Announcements
  2. Introduce Yourself
  3. General Discussion
  4. Sexual Topics
  5. Girls Only
  6. Guys Only
  7. Member Locations
  8. Help Wanted

Should I lock down Girls Only and Guys Only so that only those confirmed to belong to the relevant gender can read them, or leave them open to everybody?

Yeah, hopefully he does. And Mike, when you do read this, if you're too busy or need help I'm willing to do the sorting the threads into categories for you.

Yay! My little baby is growing up so fast. She's already ready for her first sub-forums. :wub:

I'm happy to create whatever structure we need. Let's get it nailed down and I'll take care of the technical part.

So based on Mark's post, here's what we'd be looking at...

1. Announcements
  2. Introduce Yourself
  3. General Discussion
  4. Sexual Topics
  5. Girls Only
  6. Guys Only
  7. Member Locations
  8. Help Wanted

Should I lock down Girls Only and Guys Only so that only those confirmed to belong to the relevant gender can read them, or leave them open to everybody?

Cool thanks, I don't think the Girls Only/Guys Only should be locked down because the questions are mainly aimed at the respective gender, but the answers are something the others might want to know. For example, the question what qualities do u want in a wife? is a Guys Only question. But, the girls would like to read it to see exactly how we answer.

I think the General Discussion should be renamed to indicate that the questions have to do w/waiting till marriage, marriage, etc. And then we can have an unrelated thread (of course w/a cooler name than that lol) for the questions that don't belong anywhere like the crushes and music we like, etc.

1 person likes this

Ok so revised list...

1. Announcements
  2. Introduce Yourself
  3. General Discussion (about WTM)
  4. Lounge/Off-topic Stuff
  5. Sexual Topics
  6. Girl Stuff
  7. Guy Stuff
  8. Member Locations
  9. Help Wanted

Does that look better?

I don't know if this could be an issue: w/ the "Guys Only" and "Girls Only" forums there's a lot of "crossover" potential. For example, if a person has a sexual question for "guys", do you post it in the sexual forum or the "guys" forum?

I too am concerned about this. What are yall's thoughts?

Ok so revised list...

1. Announcements
  2. Introduce Yourself
  3. General Discussion (about WTM)
  4. Lounge/Off-topic Stuff
  5. Sexual Topics
  6. Girl Stuff
  7. Guy Stuff
  8. Member Locations
  9. Help Wanted

Does that look better?

I too am concerned about this. What are yall's thoughts?

That looks amazing, Mike! Umm...for the "crossover" questions, I think it should be upto the poster. If they want to highlight the fact that it's a sexual topic, let them put it in the sexual folder. If they want to highlight the fact that they want guys to answer, let them put it in the guys section.

i agree but i think sexual should be gender doesn't mater 4 answers and guys being you want guy answers and girls girl answered and make shur to add the Anonymous asker thnig i thnik we should have that

nad make shur to add the Anonymous asker thnig i thnik we should have that

That's an interesting idea. What if the Sexual Topics section allowed anonymous posting?

The only problem with that is that it invites a lot of spamming, because I'd essentially have to open up "Guest Posting" on that forum. As in, being able to post without an account (or when signed out).

I'll do it, but I'm probably going to have to knight a few more of you as Moderators to keep the spam down.

That's an interesting idea. What if the Sexual Topics section allowed anonymous posting?

The only problem with that is that it invites a lot of spamming, because I'd essentially have to open up "Guest Posting" on that forum. As in, being able to post without an account (or when signed out).

I'll do it, but I'm probably going to have to knight a few more of you as Moderators to keep the spam down.

Sure. I'll probably never get an OBE in my life, but a knighthood on here would be the next best thing, lol ;) !

i think different sections for guys and girls are good because we just don't all need to talk about the same stuff sometimes.

Okeydokey. If you guys noticed, I went ahead and created the Off Topic/Lounge forum, and moved head girl's unfortunately-themed post about her dog there.

Ideally, I'd like to have more than one post ready to move to justify the creation of the sub-forum.

So can you guys come up with at leasts 2 posts each to move to the Girl Stuff and Guy Stuff forums? I don't want them sitting there with zero posts. :D

Okeydokey. If you guys noticed, I went ahead and created the Off Topic/Lounge forum, and moved head girl's unfortunately-themed post about her dog there.

Ideally, I'd like to have more than one post ready to move to justify the creation of the sub-forum.

So can you guys come up with at leasts 2 posts each to move to the Girl Stuff and Guy Stuff forums? I don't want them sitting there with zero posts. :D

For the Girl Stuff, you can use the "Women: Do you still enjoy buying lingerie", "Question for the Girls", and "What kind of wife do you want to be" questions.

For the Guy Stuff, you can use the "What qualities do you look for in a wife?" and "Question for the Guys" topics.

Okeydokey. I've added all the new forums except for the Sex Topics forum. And since markb4 spearheaded this, it's only fitting that he should have the power to help manage it!

And so, markb4, for your consistently reasonable attitude, your frequent contributions, and your passion for the community, I do hereby knight thee...Moderator.

1 person likes this

:o Wow! Thank you so much Mike! In words of one syllable, "OMG"! I know you're busy w/things, so I helped you out by sorting through a few more topics that I felt belonged in the Off-Topic Section eg. Sally's Science Quiz, what type of music you like, etc.

Haha no problem, Mark. You deserved it!

I helped you out by sorting through a few more topics that I felt belonged in the Off-Topic Section eg. Sally's Science Quiz, what type of music you like, etc.

Awesome! Keep doing that! :D

ya i think that sound great and if the you have to do it that way i think the moderators for spamming will work and will be worth it and most of the pepole on here regularly would probably be willing to be moderaters , but isn't there a way to disable the Anonymous thing unless your singed in like with the posts and chat but still have it hides who is asking or replying