SnowWhite

GRINDING: Your Opinion

Grinding   18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you grind?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 posts in this topic

Hey everybody! I've had this topic on my mind a lot recently with homecoming rapidly approaching, and would love to get the point-of-view of other waiters!

As I'm sure you all know, grinding is the popular dance at high school dances/the clubs. In my opinion, it looks like a couple simulating sex on the dance floor. At my school, girls will hike their dresses up, bend over, and rub themselves (their *backsides*) all over guys' crotches (sorry to get descriptive, lol). I refuse to partake in this dancing because I feel like it is WAY too suggestive, and is no different than having sex with clothes on.

This year, I've decided to boycott school dances. I've been to all three homecomings and one prom so far during high school, and am simply fed up. I can't go to these dances and enjoy myself without having to watch the grinding. I love to dance, just not grind. At the prom last spring, my ex-boyfriend got so mad at me because I wouldn't grind with him that he wouldn't even barely talk to me/look at me for the rest of the night (between this and the ring issue, I'm sure you all can see why he's my ex!). I've decided it's just not worth going and getting upset this year.

I am really curious to know how you all feel about grinding. Is it just me that thinks it's too raunchy? Do you grind when you go to functions? How do you feel about grinding? Please answer honestly! I really am curious to know true answers. Even if you disagree with me, please let me know!

Oh, when I saw the question, I was thinking of something totally different, lol. Had to google it to find out what it was.

Yeah, I never heard about it before until today, but yes, to me it's pretty much a sexual excuse: it disguises physical contact under the pretense/farce of dancing. I mean I don't mind if a married couple grinds together if they'd like. But for a nightclub dance floor or something like that, it just seems quite raunchy to me. I agree w/u totally SnowWhite and support you w/ur decision to boycott school dances :) .

I've danced with a guy behind me, but I don't let it get all nasty---if he starts to, then bye bye.

I'll grind when I go out dancing, but only if I know the guy or if he doesn't seem like he'll go overboard. For example, I'm okay if he's behind me and puts his arms around my waist or on my hips, but I get upset when guys start trying to put their hands on my chest or between my legs.

1 person likes this

I can't dance and rarely spend time in places where it's too loud to talk, so I don't have to worry about this much, but if I'm dating the girl and she's REALLY persistent I will at least make an effort to dry hump her on the dance floor like everybody else is doing.

Of course, I'll feel awkward the whole time. I'm like "Shouldn't this be hidden? I'm all for this activity, but not in front of 50 people."

Unless I'm really drunk, in which case I'll be sloppily enthusiastic about it.

Either way, I'm not really a fan. Maybe I'm just too much of an introvert. <_<

I get upset when guys start trying to put their hands on my chest or between my legs.

That happens?! :blink:

Well Snow, honestly until today, I had no I idea what Grinding was cuz I am not at all into dancing & it’s not popular here in schools either... but based on what I came to know from Google & from you guys, I can just say... someday if my gf insists me to dance may be I will but I will NEVER ever consider grinding or the likes of it!

@mike

That happens?! :blink:
yes, yes it dose but at lest teacher at my school try to break that up (sometimes) i relay dont need to see it :blink:
I'm all for this activity, but not in front of 50 people.
ya it really should be that way and
I'm just too much of an introvert.
theirs nothing wrong with being shy and given everything else you rally dont sound like an introvert

@snow white at my school they do the same thing remember the dance the cyclone? ya that too and then there are some girls that do some pretty freaky stuff even when there not on a guy is it really necessary to do the thigh split at a school dance? :huh:

i would not do this at a dance ether

i find it utterly desc-using sorry, i did't know about it until today. i love to dance properly i do ballroom and jazz and i when i was younger did ballet, but im not much for the school dance floor. and seriously other people don't need to see that do these people not think of the others in the same confined space as them ikkkk!

Mike, yeah, the grabbing at a girl's chest and between her legs definitely happens, unfortunately. The first time a guy tries it, I'll move his hands away, but let it slide and not get upset because it is a club, after all, and most guys think the girls there are looking for a hookup too (I feel like I need a glow in the dark sign to wear at clubs that says "I am just here to dance. If you're looking for a girl to go home with you, move on!"). It's when I move a guy's hands away and he puts them right back where they were and won't take no for an answer that I get upset.

Also, SnowWhite, I meant to add to my first post that just because I'm okay with grinding doesn't mean everyone else should be. Dancing is all about being happy and feeling comfortable enough to move how you'd like to. If you don't like grinding, don't do it. Find some gal pals to dance with and forget the guys who get mad at you for not grinding with them!

Tiny Dancer--with you all the way! I'm cool with a guy dancing behind me with hands on waist/hips, but draw the line like you. And I wish I could wear a sign too lol

This is a good good question SnowWhite!

Well I will say that I'm am guilty of dancing in sexually suggestive ways buuut that's just with my girl friends. Like guys, will try and get up on us or me and I'll squeeze in between my girl friends so they can't grind up on me too long or make it noticable either. & ofcourse because we're cute guys will be like bees on honey around us. lol Like, if I were to let a guy dance with me like that we'd have to be pretty close friends already, like just any random guy dancing up on me (no matter how attractive) is not okay and if we are good friends I don't let them dance up on me like that for long. I get real awkward about it but my girl friends and I can dance on night long together and they'll let guys dance behind them but as long as they don't get on me I'm good.

O where do I start on this topic. Personally I've only grinded a couple of times, 3 to be exact and boy is that crap boring. I totally like staring at the back of a girls head (sarcasm) I really think its an excuse for guys just to put there who-ha on a girl, the sad part is the girl allows it. Now you might say but seeflo you've already done it yoour being a hypocrite and I would tell you one of those girls was my ex, the other I asked her first to dance and then it progressed to that, and the third girl did it to mw, I got cornered in the club...... But more importantly I would rather dance with a girl face to face :P That way its not akward and I can show off my dance moves B) What is disheartening tho is when you walk up to a girl and ask her to dance and she says no but then so dude rubs up on her and shes down...... Its like wtf!!! So I should be totally rude then and do what I want, thats what it seems at times.

Anywho most of the time at a club I have more fun dancing by myself :lol: