Sophie

What is your #1 hobby?

25 posts in this topic

For me, it all depends on the time of year. During summer vacation I blow hundreds of dollars at Amazon.ca and Chapters Bookstore. So reading is my #1 hobby. But once university starts? NO TIME. :( :( My hobby becomes studying German, which is my minor, and was a hobby before it became my minor. But before I began university, reading was my #1 hobby year-round, because elementary and high school weren't so demanding that I didn't have time to read or couldn't concentrate on the book.

1 person likes this

Someone take a wild guess what mine is. I bet no one can guess mine (sarcasm) ;)

1 person likes this

Love reading as well, but was never my hobby. Now I hardly get time to read. :( A hobby which I really liked was to build computers from scratch and hook them up to A/V's but had friends who took advantage of it. They fiddle with their computers and every time they phoned me to fix it.

Other hobby I have is to play or learn the guitar. So far, Im struggling with the "lead" part or the "scales".

And Im not sure if I can say.. that fitness is a hobby. More of a lifestyle than hobby I guess. But fitness really intrigues me. What to eat, when to eat. What exercises to do for a core muscle group.. or when you hurt a certain muscle what must you do.. etc etc. That really fascinates me.

And see it like this... every hobby is expensive. If you collect stamps or buying a lot of books, or computer parts.. doesnt matter.. every hobby is expensive [in my perspective that it is]

2 people like this

Someone take a wild guess what mine is. I bet no one can guess mine (sarcasm) ;)

Heheh I think I know Vince :) its computers ;) right?

And see it like this... every hobby is expensive.

Not all are expensive, but they usually cost money. I'm a huge daydreamer. That's a hobby of mine, and all it costs me is time I am supposed to be doing schoolwork. lol. I was also an avid writer back in the days when I had free time, and I just used my laptop. I buy all my books, so yes, it is very expensive. But any time my parents complained about that, I reminded them my hobby could be smoking 4 packs a day, or shooting cocaine, or gambling...that's gotta be more expensive than books.

Umm....................................fingernail clipping? knitting? watching paint dry? talking to me? i give up...what?

1 person likes this

I'd say mine is decorating and organizing. I just love to transform a room. I'm not sure if this is qualifies as a hobby, but I realize that I do this a lot. I am CONSTANTLY moving furniture around in my house, hanging artwork, organizing things.

If I wasn't a social worker (which I truly love), I would probably consider interior design. However, I'm not sure it would pay the bills. But, it would be fun, nonetheless.

:P

Right now, computer gaming. If i had the chance, archery and canoeing. I also like to learn languages

I'f I had the time or money it would be horseback riding for sure! However, I'm a college student so I have no time, and no money..

Otherwise making music :) (flute, guitar, singing) but that is also my college major so a little less of a hobby than it used to be.. but I still enjoy it (most of the time)

Horseback riding is the longest lasting hobby of mine, especially since I got my horse. Nothing to motivate you to get out to the barn every weekend like paying the horse board every month. Recently playing the guitar has also become a hobby. I also love to read, right now I manage about one book a week. Sophie, if you buy your books at local book festivals or at used book stores you save a TON of money. At least your parents haven't put a ban on you buying books less than two inches thick like mine did eventually. lol

I don't have a #1 hobby really I tend to get bored of something after awhile, but top hobbies include snowboarding, gaming, reading

Umm....................................fingernail clipping? knitting? watching paint dry? talking to me? i give up...what?

All of the above...at the same time :)

Naw seriously though. I take the greatest pleasure in shooting guns and playing video games :)

Doing hair/makeup is hobby I have...and I'm pretty good too! My female friends ask me to do their makeup, wardrobe and hair if they are going some where. Fun fact: I cut and color my own hair also.

Another hobby tied for #1 hobby is nutrition...I'm intrigued by the complexity of our bodies. But I am more so interested in the biochemistry of nutrition and how different molecules react with our bodies and the result of this reaction, and how to manipulate to get the reaction one wants.

Vince I just found this thread today and was going to guess shooting but you beat me to it! haha

1 person likes this

If listening to music is considered a hobby, that's mine. I listen to it all day, and I'll spend hours discovering new artists and music and organizing my library because I have thousands of songs...it's ridiculous.

Not in any particular order: guns & shooting, knives -- I used to make them but haven't in many years, cameras, photography, videography, writing, building and using computers. It's been a long time since I've had the time, money, or energy to mess with my hobbies all that much. A few months ago my uncle gave me a Canon Rebel XTi as a gift. I've been out a few times taking photos with it since then.

Out of the things I listed, I would have to say that writing is the most prominent of my interests and capabilities. It's been with me the longest -- since the sixth grade -- and it doesn't cost me any money to write. Although, I do prefer to use a word processor to pen and paper or a typewriter so, I suppose the electricity to run the computer costs money.