Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest markb4

What kind of wife would you like to be?

45 posts in this topic

I agree with your point seeflo! I'm another who wants to have some "us" time with my wife for a few years before the kiddies come along. A guy I went to high school with got married at age 19 and he and his wife had kids right away. They are now age 24, and 23 respectively, and have two little ones and couldn't be happier I might add. I think its so great...for them lol....and more power to them but it freaks me out a little bit as I could not personally imagine being married with two kids at this point in my life!

sally and dodgedude... Sally I totally agree with having kids at 30 cause thats kinda the same number i had in mind. By that time you have some money saved up and a nice salary, you've seen the world and what not and ur ready to start a family.... Dodgedude i agree also I think thats a little to young(at least there happy:) ) but personally am still a kid at heart and couldnt see myself with children and since am in culinary school- to be a chef, once I graduate am guna travel the world and cook and see the world with or without a partner in crime:P (Hopefully with by then)

I do have my career aspirations but I also like the idea of being a housewife too. I think I would like to be a housewife when the kids are young but because those first few years are really crucial to the development of children so I would stay home for some years. I honestly don't know what I would do right now. I guess my husband and I would put our heads together and come up with the best plan. Even if I was a career woman I would still take care of home as much as I can. That's how my grandmother was. She was so amazing juggling so many things at once seemingly with easy (I know it's not easy though). I would still clean, make dinner, spend time with kids and hubby, etc.

What kind of wife I would be? I would be loving, patient, and FUN wife(I'm a very silly and hyper person so my husband and I would be really playful together especially as newlyweds)

Just wondering when you get married, what kind of a wife would you like to be?

Answer "a good one" :D

I want to be at home for my kids from when they are 0-5 and then go back into work, i think those first few years are so important though, however if i could be a stay at home mother and not have to work for longer, i would 100%, I didn't have a close relationship with my mum and its always been hard, so i want to be there for my kids.

What kind of wife I would be? I would be loving, patient, and FUN wife(I'm a very silly and hyper person so my husband and I would be really playful together especially as newlyweds)

I love this quote cause I'm the same, in all aspects of this quote. Im definitely a really playful person, so i am so looking forward to being playful with my hubby :) ahhh to dream ;) ...

If we had kids, I would like to stay home with them until they started elementary school and then work during the hours they are in school during the day, but be home with husband and family in the evenings.

If we didn't have kids, we'd probably be both working full-time.

i want to be less a wife and more a life partner. i want to carry similar responsibilities with my spouse, like two warriors going into the same battle hah. we'd both go out into the world, give em hell, and come home to change diapers.

...and may i ask those pursuing the housewife "career" exactly why they choose that path? i'm curious.

2 people like this

i want to be less a wife and more a life partner.

How would you describe the different between being a wife and being a life partner? Just curious.

1 person likes this

i know that some may see them as interchangeable, but when i see the words "marriage," "husband," and "wife" i think of all the roles/traditions that come along with them. cooking, nurturing, supporting; protecting, providing, leading -- that's not the dynamic i want. so to avoid confusion, i like to use new words to represent the role i wish to take, and for that "life partner" fits perfectly. i simply want to be someone's partner through life: their one constant, permanent bond. instead of "marriage," something ordained by the church and by God, i actually prefer the words "bond" or "pact." i'm not religious, so these natural terms fit my views better.

also, i don't mean any of this to invalidate my "wtM" status lol. i accept marriage as the official social convention symbolizing a monogamous commitment to a loving relationship, but i don't see the other aspects religious people see.

1 person likes this

I'd like to be a "mixed wife" having both time at home (especially with young children involved) and in my career. However, I don't think I'd like to be wholly defined as one or the other. I'd love for my husband to think I'm a great wife. His friend, his lover, and someone he can count on. I hope to make him smile & laugh daily. I just want him to be proud to call me his and have a sense of security in me and the relationship we share. But friendship first is an absolute must. I've always said friends first, lovers later. Just seems like a stronger foundation on which to build! I'll need him to trust me, and allow me to help him grow in life.

traditional housewife. i would like to be busy cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the kids. 

1 person likes this

Hey all,

Just another question for the ladies. Just wondering when you get married, what kind of a wife would you like to be? Would you prefer to be a traditional housewife or a career wife or mixture of the two or something else, etc? Just think it'd be interesting to hear what you all have to say smile.gif .

I am going to be a career wife but my career means I should finish early so will be able to spend a bit of time with the kids and my husband when they finish school/work.

I want to be the kind of wife that makes nice meals and gives her husband the love, care and support he needs when he needs it. I'm a nurturing person so I'll be a nurturing wife (and mother). I hope I won't be cooking EVERY night though. If I meet a compatible, loving man, I'll do (practically) anything for him (but at the same time I won't be a doormat, I'm not weak-willed or a pushover and never will be).

I LOVE children so I'll definitely have/adopt children and be playing with them and teaching them all the time, teaching them about life and how to be a righteous person (and about what kind of girl/guy to seek when they're a teenager! I think this is a very important lesson! One I was never given).

I feel a career is something I've always wanted and been working towards and I also feel it encourages my (female) children to have aspirations too. I also don't believe in my future husband having that huge financial burden, I'd be happy to share it. Staying at home would also drive me stir-crazy. My brain has to be active or I get incredibly bored.

1 person likes this

Super Wife to the rescue! Before I'm his wife, I want to be his friend, before I'm his friend I want to be a caring human being that he couldn't help but love honor and respect. In other words I want to be that phenomenal woman he met in his life...who just one day so happened to become his wife! Love me for whom God and my earthly parents created me to be plus my awesomeness on top.  :wub:  I choose not to reflect on the career/traditional aspect of things because that would be what I do, not who I am. 

5 people like this

Super Wife to the rescue! Before I'm his wife, I want to be his friend, before I'm his friend I want to be a caring human being that he couldn't help but love honor and respect. In other words I want to be that phenomenal woman he met in his life...who just one day so happened to become his wife! Love me for whom God and my earthly parents created me to be plus my awesomeness on top.  :wub:  I choose not to reflect on the career/traditional aspect of things because that would be what I do, not who I am. 

Truly, I envy your future husband, Lana.  ;)

3 people like this

Overall, wives need to just be pleasant and appreciate what their men do for them. Its really just simple as that. Of course, there are other mundane things they should learn (how to cook well, walk sexy and give a proper blow job), but they can come later.

2 people like this

A wife that makes her husband very happy Im going to be career oriented but my husband will always come first.

I think I would go stir crazy at home with kids all day, as terrible as that sounds..it's the truth. I hope to have a career outside of the home, or maybe even something that I can do at home part of the time and send the rest of the time in the office or whatever. As for the type of wife I want to be in other perspectives I never want to be the accusing type "where have you been?" "You smell like a woman's perfume!" "Is that lipstick on your collar!?!" And so on. I want to be the type to trust him unless he gives me a reason not to! I hope to never have to go through his email of phone. Oh and I don't want to be the wife to kick out all of his friends! They will be welcome anytime, unless we have specifically specified we have a date night or just need a day Alone.

At this point in my life, I would be able to devote so much more of myself to my husband as most of my children are grown. I have been a stay-at-home Mom and a working Mom as well as a single Mom. I loved being a wife but my marriage crumbled at the hands of abuse. When God is finished preparing the husband he has intended for me I want to be a Godly wife. A devoted wife. I have an endless fountain of love and affection to give. I will make him laugh, pray with him and for him. I will hold him close to my heart and up lift him. There is so much more but it will have to wait for him....as I wait for him *wink* 

1 person likes this