wny

Dating an Older Guy

89 posts in this topic

Thanks for those encouraging words, @OneHappyGirl . I still work at my parents gas station which is why I get a bit bored and depressed. St least I found this forum with great people who are very supportive.

Hope to sell the station by Christmas and then see how life is on EBT.

just keep going something is bound to pop up :)

Thanks for those encouraging words, @OneHappyGirl . I still work at my parents gas station which is why I get a bit bored and depressed. St least I found this forum with great people who are very supportive.

Hope to sell the station by Christmas and then see how life is on EBT.

Np! & I totally understand it happens just focus on the money you are able to make and the whatever skills you are able to acquire at your job and as soon as you find or able to move on to a different job go for it and never look back! :)

Thank goodness for that. Hope you have the best luck in getting that younger guy. :)

That shouldn't be a problem, he was more interested in me than I was in him, the trick is finding out if I can return the same feelings and if it's even a good idea. :P But thank you. 

Don't worry, I am sure you are real good women who any guy would love to marry. Keep searching and the guy will turn up.

That shouldn't be a problem, he was more interested in me than I was in him, the trick is finding out if I can return the same feelings and if it's even a good idea. :P But thank you.

Actually most women on the forums like older guys. I am one of the few who don't mind guys a few years younger.

Want to know something funny? At least half of the relationships that I know of in real life involve a girl who is older than the guy. My mom was older than my dad, my cousin is about 4 years younger than his wife, my other cousin dates a woman around 15 years older than him, my kind of friend dates a woman 15 years older than him (and his ex-girlfriend was a year older than him).

I think once people get past the mental hurdles age, in and of itself, does not really matter. I think it's just for pragmatic reasons that it starts to come into play. In all likelihood, the the man or woman who is at a similar stage in life, level of maturity, relatable to you, ect...is probably around your age. Or, if you're someone who has particular concerns about having or when to have children, your spouse's virginity, physical looks, ect....the pragmatism of meeting a younger person might come in to play. Pragmatically speaking, I feel I'm kind of stuck. I've always been very mature for my age, so the women who I feel I could potentially connect with and can relate to are actually generally a decent bit older than me. Unfortunately, the type of women who are able to put off children and who are much more likely to be virgins are likely going to be younger than me. Luckily, like I said, age in and of itself does not necessarily matter, so I might luck out and meet that really mature younger woman or maybe even that virgin older woman (though, admittedly, I would probably have to overcome some mental hurdles if she was a lot older or younger than me).

Of course, the other thing for me to consider is that as I get older, my peers will start to mature, so women my own age will probably be appropriate for me by my mid-20s. That doesn't solve the virginity or children issue, though.

1 person likes this

Yeah, My parents were only about 2 years apart and met at work when they had government jobs. He made lunch for her everyday and then took her out on a date. 

At least half of the relationships that I know of in real life involve a girl who is older than the guy. My mom was older than my dad, my cousin is about 4 years younger than his wife, my other cousin dates a woman around 15 years older than him, my kind of friend dates a woman 15 years older than him (and his ex-girlfriend was a year older than him).

Of course, the other thing for me to consider is that as I get older, my peers will start to mature, so women my own age will probably be appropriate for me by my mid-20s. That doesn't solve the virginity or children issue, though.

Want to know something funny? At least half of the relationships that I know of in real life involve a girl who is older than the guy. My mom was older than my dad, my cousin is about 4 years younger than his wife, my other cousin dates a woman around 15 years older than him, my kind of friend dates a woman 15 years older than him (and his ex-girlfriend was a year older than him).

Really? I can only think of one couple in real life where the woman is older and its only a three year difference. 

1 person likes this

Really, a three year difference is a ideal. As long as both are mature. 

Really? I can only think of one couple in real life where the woman is older and its only a three year difference. 

Yeah, really. Only two of them are a huge gap, though. My mom is only one and a half years older than my dad and like I said the other two were differences of four and one years. I don't know of a relationship where the guy is way older than the girl. The biggest I know of is my one friend who is around four years older than his girlfriend. Both my grandfathers are around two years older than my grandmothers, I believe. The one might only be around one year older. My brother was a year older than his ex-girlfriend.

Yeah, really. Only two of them are a huge gap, though. My mom is only one and a half years older than my dad and like I said the other two were differences of four and one years. I don't know of a relationship where the guy is way older than the girl. The biggest I know of is my one friend who is around four years older than his girlfriend. Both my grandfathers are around two years older than my grandmothers, I believe. The one might only be around one year older. My brother was a year older than his ex-girlfriend.

Hmm... Interesting. I believe you are surrounded by outliers. 

Hmm... Interesting. I believe you are surrounded by outliers. 

I think, in general, people are about the same age, with the guy being a little (one or two years) older. I guess this because the average age of marriage for a man is 28 and for a woman it is 26.

Now that I think about it, I think my one aunt might be older than my uncle, too. They might be the same age.

1 person likes this

By those stats, I better get married before good young women.

because the average age of marriage for a man is 28 and for a woman it is 26.

I usually like older guys. Mainly because a lot of guys my age aren't the most mature yet. I have never really liked guys my age or younger. I don't consider thirty old at all.

I usually like older guys. Mainly because a lot of guys my age aren't the most mature yet. I have never really liked guys my age or younger. I don't consider thirty old at all.

In my experience, younger girls are usually very immature, as well. Of course, people tell me I've acted like a middle-aged man since the time I was a young teenager, so maybe I'm just weird.