wny

Dating an Older Guy

89 posts in this topic

There are alot of women who like older men because they seem to be more stable, mature, and know what they want in life. or atleast that is what they are looking for when they date someone older. i personally would prefer a man 4 to 6 yrs older than me

1 person likes this

I went on a couple of dates with someone in his early 30s (I was 23 at the time). But he looked really young, so I didn't even realize how old he was. I didn't stop dating him because of his age, but because he wasn't interested in any sort of commitment or waiting.

1 person likes this

I actually prefer dating older men. Not particularly 10 years older, but if that's who I fall in love with and he wants to marry me, so be it.

Yes, I'm reviving my own old thread. The more I think about it, the more I think I would rather end up with a woman quite a bit younger than me (which means a long wait for me, as I'm only 21 right now and the younger women are kids right now). So, my question is this. Where would a guy in his late 20s/early 30s meet a woman who is 10-12 years younger than he is?

Since there is a decent chance someone asks me this question, I'm going to say this, as well. No, I'm not totally ruling out dating women my own age in the future or right now.

Not being a wise guy or anything, but honestly the same places you meet girls your own age. Friends of friends, out with friends, online, church, etc. I don't think meeting them or finding them will be the problem. I think the issue will be finding a 20 yr old girl willing to date a guy that's 30+. Most girls think that's creepy. Not all do obviously,but you may find its tougher than you think. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, but I think trying to date a college aged girl in your 30s may be a tough task, but maybe not

2 people like this

Not being a wise guy or anything, but honestly the same places you meet girls your own age. Friends of friends, out with friends, online, church, etc. I don't think meeting them or finding them will be the problem. I think the issue will be finding a 20 yr old girl willing to date a guy that's 30+. Most girls think that's creepy. Not all do obviously,but you may find its tougher than you think. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, but I think trying to date a college aged girl in your 30s may be a tough task, but maybe not

Part of me thinks it will be easier to get girls in their early 20s when I'm older compared to right now. I feel like girls always talk about how hot older guys are. I just think my lifestyle would be really compatible with a younger woman. I don't want kids for a long, long time and most women my own age will want them long before I do. Plus, I probably won't be financially established for many more years and I feel like most women my age wouldn't want to wait that long for us to have a decent amount of money.

I guess right now I could go as young as 4 years younger than I am (since 17 is legal where I live), but I thought most high school girls were too immature when I was 17, so that issue would only be worse now that I'm 21. But, considering all of my other dealbreakers, I think that's something I can learn to be okay with.

I wouldn't mind it. :) My parents are actually 12 years apart in age, and they work out just fine, so I'm used to the idea of a large age gap in a relationship. Though, for me personally, the largest age gap I would go for is 8 years. But that's just an estimate. If I met a man younger/older than that and felt he was the one, I would reconsider. It depends on the situation. :P

A young woman (early 20s) is going to want someone her age or older.  (She won't go much younger because that isn't even a consenting adult). 

Personally, I would date someone older or younger within about 7 or 8 years.  Depends on the person and their maturity level.  I am not missing out on someone fantastic for me because they are younger or older. 

If I were to simply stick with one category such as older men and younger women, it would be desires of the superficial and not the desires of values consistent with WTM.

4 people like this

A young woman (early 20s) is going to want someone her age or older.  (She won't go much younger because that isn't even a consenting adult). 

Personally, I would date someone older or younger within about 7 or 8 years.  Depends on the person and their maturity level.  I am not missing out on someone fantastic for me because they are younger or older. 

If I were to simply stick with one category such as older men and younger women, it would be desires of the superficial and not the desires of values consistent with WTM.

feel the same, age is but a number, and aslong as they are legal have no problem :) i personaly like girls that are older, i have dated a 25 year old before, i love the maturity level and conversations that arnt about clothes and who is sleeping with who, i also have dated younger, how young kepp that a secret, but honestly women are women and you like someone and they like you, go for it, be happy

1 person likes this

I don't think age matters. Like 10 or something years max for me or it could get a little creepy, but yeah age shouldn't matter that much.

2 people like this

Well, the guy I currently like is 5 years older. He's 25 and I'm 20. This is probably the oldest I'll go right now. Though as I get older I thinj the age gap won't matter as much.

I'm definitely open to dating older men. I've found that most men my own age are not on my wavelength maturity-wise.

2 people like this

It all boils down to maturity. 

On the other hand, an older man may have more confidence simply because he has more experience with life and this may be confused with maturity.

2 people like this

Older, younger.. sure.  Age is not very relevant to me.  If he is a good person and we enjoy eachother's company it will be fine.  I dated a man 16 years older than myself recently and I joked that it would be very rude of him to die before me... ladeis first you know!  Age is just a number but I have noticed the bigger the gap the less likely we may have things in common.

I'm dating a guy that is two years younger then me. Personally, I just don't see myself dating a guy 10 years or older. I start seeing them as father figures. Also I would be concerned the he would be dating me only for my looks.

1 person likes this

Let's just say I prefer a guy that's not younger than me..preferably at least a year ahead in age but I'm young got plenty of time ;) as of now though..the guys I like range from my age to early twenties but I wouldn't get with a "man" yet (20+)

So my blunt answer...not into OLDER guys :mellow:

The only person I have ever dated/kissed is my current boyfriend and he is 5 1/2 years older than me. When I was younger I never thought I'd date anyone more than 2 or 3 years older than me, but now I honestly couldn't see myself with someone my age. I definitely like older men, but I don't think i'd go more than 6 years older than me. They are just more mature and attractive I think :P

2 people like this

The only person I have ever dated/kissed is my current boyfriend and he is 5 1/2 years older than me. When I was younger I never thought I'd date anyone more than 2 or 3 years older than me, but now I honestly couldn't see myself with someone my age. I definitely like older men, but I don't think i'd go more than 6 years older than me. They are just more mature and attractive I think :P

I 100% agree with the last two sentences :) 

I 100% agree with the last two sentences :)

I think, in general, young people (men and women) tend to be more immature. Of course, what worries me with that sentiment is that it might put a lot of great young people in a tough spot. Even though they may be mature, others will just assume they aren't since so many of their peers are not. I mean, if I end up being an older guy looking for a younger woman this might benefit me, but still.

It used to bother me but now that I have gotten older and my vision has changed I don't feel like i'd be as opposed to it. In fact if he was older and still WTM I'd have the utmost respect for him and admire him wholeheartedly. However, you can be older just don't look like my a grandpa. Lol He needs to still be youthful in appearance and not act like he is heading towards the grave any day now. He must be able to keep up with my random bursts of insane energy if he thinks he can handle that then go for it.  :lol:

I have I agree with many of the responders. I've never been the girl to fall for a younger guy or even one my age. Most of my friends are 5 years or more older than me. I can't imagine marrying a man that wasn't at least that. A lot of ladies are into older guys. And heck, I don't even consider 30 old now, as a teen.

I have been attracted to men as much as 12 yrs older than me. As I am getting older I tend to attract and be attracted to men closer to my age. However, I would not be opposed to dating someone a bit younger than myself either. Over all it's about the person, the personality and common interest and goals that would determine  if a date would be likely.

How do women feel about dating an older man? I don't mean much older, but say, at most, 10 years older. I ask this because I've been thinking lately that I probably won't get married until my very late 20s or early 30s. Furthermore, I'm only interested in marrying a fellow virgin. These two facts combined have me thinking that I most likely will have to date younger women (I wouldn't go below 22), as most women will have had sex by their late 20s and early 30s. So, I'm wondering if a 30 year old would come off as an "old" man to a younger woman. Would most younger women stay away from someone that much older?

I wouldn't date someone MUCH older but it all depends on the person. I've met the occasional young-spirited hip older guy and then Ive met the immature 30 year old who always wants to play video games (no offense gamers but I mean like always). So it really depends on the person. Hopefully age matures guys but sometimes it does nothing for them.

But back to your statement...it sounds like you would like to have an older life partner/counterpart but you have no hope that they're out there or would be a virgin at your age. Based on this site there are in fact virgins your age who may not necessarily want kids right off the bat either...but maybe you could try for someone 27-28? (If you're like 30ish...and not married) Because you make it sound like you're settling for someone who is younger because you have no hope of marrying an older virgin. I could be totally wrong but that's just what I got from your statement.

On the flip side Im 25 and if I got married tomorrow I would NOT want children until at least 30 possibly 35. I guess I feel like Ive waited my whole life for someone and I want to cherish and enjoy the years with my husband until I decide if I want kids.

But yeah just relax and wait for the woman who feels 100% right in your heart and try not to over think it too much but just trust that you will find this woman and don't settle on what you think you can only find versus what your heart wants.

3 people like this