Guest thegirlwhoswaiting

If your in a relationship, where did you two meet?

28 posts in this topic

Says it all in the title, but me friends and I find it very hard to meet other waiters, so I'm wondering where those who have found someone met?

Me and my boyfriend met at a party! We were both friends with the girl who had the party but he doesn't live in my town so I'd never met him before... I'm so so so glad I met him!!

He's not a waiter though,so, I don't have any waiter-specific advice :')

You really havta tell us who he is and not keep us guessing, lol!

I think your the only one who has to try and guess!! :lol:

2 people like this

I met him in a pub, he was a friend of a friend and had had his eye on me for a while. I was at a point where I believed that all men were only interested in one thing so I wasnt actively looking for romance. I dont think I can give specific advice as to how to meet a virgin/waiter because all of my previous boyfriends were not virgins. I think the only thing you can do is be yourself and hopefully that will eventually attract a guy with a similar value system to yours.

4 people like this

I was at a point where I believed that all men were only interested in one thing so I wasnt actively looking for romance.

That is true actually. But there are a few guys in this world that just happen to be interested in so much more in a girl :D

7 people like this

I met him in a pub, he was a friend of a friend and had had his eye on me for a while. I was at a point where I believed that all men were only interested in one thing so I wasnt actively looking for romance. I dont think I can give specific advice as to how to meet a virgin/waiter because all of my previous boyfriends were not virgins. I think the only thing you can do is be yourself and hopefully that will eventually attract a guy with a similar value system to yours.

That's so interesting you met your SO at a pub! I always get my family and friends saying, "don't go to a bar looking for a boyfriend, they aren't gonna be good!" But I mean I would go to a bar just to chill with a friend, so why wouldn't a guy with similar values to me do the same? :) Anyway...I'm glad you broke the stereotype, MM! And thanks for the advice

2 people like this

I met my guy at a birthday party for a mutual friend when I was 13, he was 15.

Wow! You met pretty young! So from your profile, I gather you've been together for about 5 years? Lucky you :)

I am really really lucky.. I met my boyfriend (basically fiance) in high school :) My group of 5-6 friends were all in band, and one of my friends became friends with one of his friends (and so then him also) so they both ended up joining our little group :)

My bf was also actually in my freshman (he was a sophomore) math class and I kind of had a crush on him then, but I never talked to him that whole year (we are both really quiet) but obviously I did start talking to him more the next 2 years after that :) We starting dating my junior (his senior) year of high school and now we are junior/senior respectively in college :)

I also firmly believe that people find "the one" the minute they stop looking.. neither of us were looking in the slightest, it just kind of happened lol.

3 people like this

Wow! You met pretty young! So from your profile, I gather you've been together for about 5 years? Lucky you :)

Ha! I was a non-waiter, non-christian when I met him. We talked on an off for a few years and only became close friends about 2 and a half years ago.

We met through my church - good place to meet because you're already assured that you'll have similar spiritual beliefs and morals!

2 people like this

Is dating considered a relationship? :P Because I met the one i'm dating right now on a random chat site. It was freaky at first but he kept on talking to me and I feel very lucky that he actually flew from WA to VA when I was in VA. My father was like "Don't talk to strangers" but I kept on talking since I think he can't harm me anyway (because he's far from me). While my uncle is telling him that most people in the internet are not really people who can be trusted. But I am very happy to say that we've been talking for almost a year now and he's flying again to meet me! :wub:

2 people like this

On here ;)

met my girl on WTM! :D

and this is why i am going to start using this as a dating site haha.

Little missy, this is not a dating site!

BUT if something happens, very cool :)

Christoph and I started out as just friends and after we talked for months, it progressed into something much more totally unexpectedly- he is now my best friend, pen pal, and my everything. Take it slow and don't go in looking for love and it'll find you <3

4 people like this

I am being courted by a man I met at...wait for it....wait for it...Walmart! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Walmart! I was shopping for dish detergent, I passed by him. I didn't really notice him, but was aware of his presence because he was in my way! When I walked back by him, he stopped me and asked me if I was married. He was sooo nervous, his hands were shaking. He later apologized for asking me for my number at Walmart. He's a nice guy...we're getting to know each other slowly. I think he could be a keeper, especially because he supports my decision to wait until marriage. But, time will tell. I consider what we're doing as courting, not dating. We share the same faith, and have the same beliefs. I'm enjoying it. It feels so good to not feel pressure to be physical with a man, to get to know him as a person.

Yay!

:P

3 people like this

Little missy, this is not a dating site!

BUT if something happens, very cool :)

Christoph and I started out as just friends and after we talked for months, it progressed into something much more totally unexpectedly- he is now my best friend, pen pal, and my everything. Take it slow and don't go in looking for love and it'll find you <3

i was totally just kidding.

but its really cute how that worked out for you! you found your best friend on here :) wish you the best of luck, and many more years hehe

1 person likes this

Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) But I didn't join this site looking for a girlfriend. I joined to get support for something that had me frustrated and feeling like I was alone (as I'm sure most of us did)....waiting. I would have never believed my life would have taken the path it has when I hit the "sign up for an account" button that fateful night :-) It's been an amazing thing!

13 people like this

That is true actually. But there are a few guys in this world that just happen to be interested in so much more in a girl :D

It's not true.....sure all guys are interested in that one thing....but not all guys are only interested in it! Like you say there are guys who are interested in a whole lot more than just that!!

3 people like this

That's so interesting you met your SO at a pub! I always get my family and friends saying, "don't go to a bar looking for a boyfriend, they aren't gonna be good!" But I mean I would go to a bar just to chill with a friend, so why wouldn't a guy with similar values to me do the same? :) Anyway...I'm glad you broke the stereotype, MM! And thanks for the advice

Haha!! I was at a point where I was trying to explain to my mother and grandmother that you don't meet guys in pubs/clubs, well at least not guys who are looking for a relationship (they couldn't understand that concept)!! Well I was proved wrong!! It's true what you say if nice girls go to bars to hang out with friends it stands to reason that nice guys do the same!!

I also firmly believe that people find "the one" the minute they stop looking.. neither of us were looking in the slightest, it just kind of happened lol.

Ooooh true coz I met my fella pretty soon after I had resigned myself to a life of single blessedness!!

2 people like this