Guest Ace

Just Curious: Why do you like short girls?

48 posts in this topic

I'm 6'0", so there aren't that many taller women out there.

I prefer that the woman be shorter, because I'm not comfortable with being the shorter partner myself. Also, I like what truelovewaits wrote on the matter.

I'm married. My wife is average height 5'3" to 5'4". That being said, I am a guy, I remember dating and I remember always having an eye out for someone I thought was attractive and thought I might like to meet.

I just wanted someone I found attractive. Not super model good looks, just someone I found pretty or cute, sweet personality, cute figure. I didn't really have one type so I didn't want a tall girl or a short girl or average height girl. I had no preference at all. 6'4" would have been wonderful.......4'11" would have been just as wonderful. I just wanted to find someone I thought was attractive and being tall or short doesn't make a girl more or less attractive. Blond, brunette, red head......eye color.....that also didn't matter. Was I attracted to her? That was all that mattered and I could have been attracted to all of the above.

Just a extra note....I always have had sort of a thing for fair skinned girls with red or reddish brown hair. Don't know why, they always seemed extra beautiful to me. :)

1 person likes this

PS

I'm 6'2" so not many girls were taller than me but if my wife was 6'6" it wouldn't have been any problem at all. Heigth made no difference.

Thank you for posting about this RJ. I was wondering about this too. I am a tall girl. I am 5'8. I've enjoyed being tall and love my long legs that come along with it. My friends say I am gorgeous and have gorgeous long legs but when it comes down to it, they get all the attention from guys when we go out. I can't help thinking it's because they are short. I tower over them and may seem intimidating to some. :mellow:

4 people like this

I'm 6'1" and my gf is 5'7" or so. I like her height, but an inch or two shorter would be even better :P im not sure why either but i would have to guess that it is more cute, more comfortable, and brings out the role of a protector in a man; to love and care for something smaller than he

Haha okay... I need to collect some kind of answers for this. I am just laying here thinking, and my friend is 6'2". I introduced him to one of my best friends at church last week and he is "infatuated with her" telling me "she's beautiful, and short... You know I love 'em short!" hahah.

So, for you tall guys out there (or even if you aren't giant height!) what is it that you like so much about short(er) girls?

I have always wanted to talk to a ton of guys about this... But I don't have a ton of guys around me at any one time to just have an interview... So I figured I could come here and ask y'all. :)

Guys like short girls? That's great to hear! (I'm 5'3")

Haha once again, thank y'all. I'm just curious about this kind of stuff. It just seems for some reason that guys who are much taller (like 5'10"+) than me are attracted to me. I think it really is because I'm so small. I'm seriously pretty petite. Fit and toned, but small. Haha. At least I can wear my tall heels and not feel awkward or anything. That's always a good thing. :) Even in my tallest heels I only stand at 5'5". Hahaha. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. :P

1 person likes this

From both a sociological and evolutionary standpoint, the benefits of having a smaller mate that can't easily beat you up every time you goof up are enormous.

5 people like this

I don't care much how tall a girl is, as long as she's okay with my height (5'5"). I suppose I have a mild preference that she be within 6 inches or so of me though, as it makes it easier to see eye-to-eye.

I'm not terribly attracted to short girls. In fact, I've found that I like 'em tall and athletic...like my current (silly) crush. I think it's that short women are attracted to tall men.

Thank you for posting about this RJ. I was wondering about this too. I am a tall girl. I am 5'8. I've enjoyed being tall and love my long legs that come along with it. My friends say I am gorgeous and have gorgeous long legs but when it comes down to it, they get all the attention from guys when we go out. I can't help thinking it's because they are short. I tower over them and may seem intimidating to some. :mellow:

You sure are. :)

Height doesn't matter to me.

Tall, short, big, small...whatever!

ok its the tall oh country boys time too answer haha, well i am 6ft 6in, shoot i like all hieghths, my height chart goes from 4 8"-6 2", as long as a girl is in between that hieght im fine. and also to answer your questoin better the reasoni like shorter girls is its fun to pick them up and hold them, thats why atleast for me 

My high school boyfriend was 5'8" and I'm 5'7", so he HATED it when I wore any type of heel. He was pretty sensitive about it and he was self-conscious about his height. I didn't really understand why he cared because I never did, but different strokes for different folks!

My current boyfriend is almost 6'2" and he says he likes that I'm shorter because of the protective factor. He also loves that he can pick me up!

I don't mind if a girl is shorter or taller than me. I don't want her to be too much shorter or too much taller, but height would not be a deal breaker, unless she was like 3 feet tall..

Following the slight tangent here... height in a man doesn't really make a difference to me. Ideally they would be a little bit taller than me. If he was too tall I would feel like I was always looking up and well... I'm 5'4" so he couldn't really be all that much shorter than me.

I like the eye to eye concept. Finding someone who is around your general height. But I rarely think about height. Except when you see someone who is a giant over 6'4" and I'd be like wow, that person is really tall. Or if someone is shorter than 4'10" (guy or girl) and I would think wow that person is rather short. But anywhere between 5'5" and 5'10" would be ideal for me personally.

1 person likes this

I didn't know they came in any other size...lol. Just kidding. In truth the matter of height is irrelevant to me. I don't really prefer tall girls to short girls or vice versa. Oddly enough now that I think back on it all but one of my girlfriends have been short. But it does look less akward when you are dancing if your partner is not too much shorter than you...but again not a deal breaker for me. After all 'good things come in small packages' :)

I'm married. My wife is average height 5'3" to 5'4". That being said, I am a guy, I remember dating and I remember always having an eye out for someone I thought was attractive and thought I might like to meet.

I just wanted someone I found attractive. Not super model good looks, just someone I found pretty or cute, sweet personality, cute figure. I didn't really have one type so I didn't want a tall girl or a short girl or average height girl. I had no preference at all. 6'4" would have been wonderful.......4'11" would have been just as wonderful. I just wanted to find someone I thought was attractive and being tall or short doesn't make a girl more or less attractive. Blond, brunette, red head......eye color.....that also didn't matter. Was I attracted to her? That was all that mattered and I could have been attracted to all of the above.

Just a extra note....I always have had sort of a thing for fair skinned girls with red or reddish brown hair. Don't know why, they always seemed extra beautiful to me. :)

You remind me of my husband spot on!

Well I am pretty short myself, but shorter girls are just so cute and it's easier to hug and kiss them and pick them up ands stuff... I assume. Tall girls are alright too, but for a short guy like me, it is hard to be chivalrous and all that when the girl is bigger and heavier than you. Still doable :D but not always.

On 10/2/2012 at 10:11 AM, Guest RJ_ said:

So, for you tall guys out there (or even if you aren't giant height!) what is it that you like so much about short(er) girls?

A few of my former male friends who were like this, tended to be insecure with their bodily image. So a smaller female made them feel more dominate, strong and overall masculine. Some guys are fine if the girl is taller but not fine with the awkward looks they will receive in public. Nobody will look twice if the girl is shorter.

Myself and other guys could care less about height...taller or shorter...Makes no difference.:)

I don't care that much about height but... more space and energy efficient? :superwaiter:

Because they are cute, and because I am short too lol... But tall girls can be cute too. ^_^

I think girls tend to like taller guy because there's a better chance they are strong and more able to shield and protect.
I think guys tend to like small girls who are easier to pick up and carry out of harm's way.
This is how we have evolved, but really these day you can make almost anything work if you are resourceful =]
I wouldn't really mind dating a smaller or taller girl, as long as she is fine with me being around 5'3.

On 3/27/2018 at 6:27 AM, Darren91 said:

I think girls tend to like taller guy because there's a better chance they are strong and more able to shield and protect.

Makes sense. Perception, even if divorced from reality, is powerful.

On 3/27/2018 at 6:27 AM, Darren91 said:

I think guys like small girls who are easier to pick up and carry out of harm's way.
This is how we have evolved

If we are talking about some Darwinian evolution then I would tend to disagree with this sentiment. Consider that in more primitive settings (lacking the security nets and opportunities of a more complex society) having a smaller/weaker/more vulnerable partner in need of extra protection (aka extra resources that others need to provide) isn't a favourable thing (emphasis on "in need of extra protection” - not necessarily linked with height/size). It is a luxury.

I suspect a particular attraction to women “in need of protection” as partners (as opposed to desiring to protect the people we love) is a first world, romanticised notion and at its worst the playing out of a dysfunctional “rescuer” role - which can be good-willed or predatory.  

Thoughts?

1 person likes this

On 10/04/2018 at 9:40 AM, 'tis the Bearded One said:

Makes sense. Perception, even if divorced from reality, is powerful.

Not completely divorced from reality, in the wilderness or against a taller tribe, a small man would be more disadvantaged. Our desires haven't evolved to fit our current situation yet. But also, men nowadays have many ways to protect and provide for their families outside of fighting ability.

On 10/04/2018 at 9:40 AM, 'tis the Bearded One said:

If we are talking about some Darwinian evolution then I would tend to disagree with this sentiment. Consider that in more primitive settings (lacking the security nets and opportunities of a more complex society) having a smaller/weaker/more vulnerable partner in need of extra protection (aka extra resources that others need to provide) isn't a favourable thing (emphasis on "in need of extra protection” - not necessarily linked with height/size). It is a luxury.

I suspect a particular attraction to women “in need of protection” as partners (as opposed to desiring to protect the people we love) is a first world, romanticised notion and at its worst the playing out of a dysfunctional “rescuer” role - which can be good-willed or predatory.  

Thoughts?

Yeah, I was just throwing ideas around, but now that you mention it, men prioritise like longevity(in the form of neoteny and health indicators) over things like height and strength. And like you say, the first world gives people more freedom of choice(this is why we have a larger difference in the career choices of men and women).

There are so many factors at play, but I think what we cannot deny is the mere fact itself, that given as much choice and freedom as possible, women tend to prefer a man of a certain height range  above them and men tend to prefer women of a certain height range below them. However the exceptions are probably in the hundreds of millions, and if we put not an exhaustive amount of effort in, it's possible to find them.