Guest Ace

Just Curious: Why do you like short girls?

48 posts in this topic

Haha okay... I need to collect some kind of answers for this. I am just laying here thinking, and my friend is 6'2". I introduced him to one of my best friends at church last week and he is "infatuated with her" telling me "she's beautiful, and short... You know I love 'em short!" hahah.

So, for you tall guys out there (or even if you aren't giant height!) what is it that you like so much about short(er) girls?

I have always wanted to talk to a ton of guys about this... But I don't have a ton of guys around me at any one time to just have an interview... So I figured I could come here and ask y'all. :)

(I hope they like a girl who's decently tall as well. Not to disturb your convo, RJ. Forgive me!)

1 person likes this

(I hope they like a girl who's decently tall as well. Not to disturb your convo, RJ. Forgive me!)

Nope, you're fine!! I know a lot of guys at my church have taller girlfriends! They're certainly much taller than me. But then again... These guys are at least 6'0" too. I'm more so focusing on the super tall guys who like super short girls, like me. Haha I'm 5'1". So I know that there are guys out there who like taller girls, too. :)

1 person likes this

Haha I don't really know other than I just find it cute ;). I'm not super tall or anything...I'm 5'10". For instance Sally is 5'2" and I like that quite a bit :) Idk it just seems like a nice height differential..meaning there is one but its nothing crazy like a foot or more; that might be weird lol. Not sure if that answers your question but those are my thoughts :P And now that I think abt it its not always "the shorter the better" at least not past a certain point...for example it's not like I wish Sally was 4'9" or anything haha

2 people like this

I'm with dodge.. I really don't know why men are interested in shorter girls.. I'm not tall either :P 5'8 hehe. but come to mind.. I think then the man feels more comfortable with her.. a friend of mine told me once, that he don't like woman to be taller than he is, because then he feels.. she superior. But I really don't know... if this was the billion $$ question.. I really will hit a blank and lost the prize money :P

Just walking out on a limb here... but I might have some idea as to why a guy likes a girl to be inches shorter.

Maybe it makes the guy feel like he can protect her, and look out for her. So he can hold her just right when they hug, so his girl can just lean against him so perfectly when their cuddling (Innocently, of course). The way she just falls into his arms, and he can embrace her and hold her tight. Feeling like he can secure her, and keep her from harm. But also to feel the touch of her heart as she has a smile on her face.

Just some of my opinion... not sure how accurate that is being's all this is coming from a girl :P

7 people like this

Maybe it makes the guy feel like he can protect her, and look out for her.

Strange Kay.. I thought of it too [after 45min] to be exact. Lets think different quickly.. why do [some] woman always say.. they want a Tall / Dark & Handsome man?

1 person likes this

Strange Kay.. I thought of it too [after 45min] to be exact. Lets think different quickly.. why do [some] woman always say.. they want a Tall / Dark & Handsome man?

Haha, honostly I can't answer that cuz i've never understood nor said that :lol:

@kendra+eugene i think its because that is the stereotypical image of masculinity.

2 people like this

@kendra+eugene i think its because that is the stereotypical image of masculinity.

True...

That sounds about right.

1 person likes this

mmm its a possibility .. good point you making neen. high 5 :) or could it be foolish words that come out of their mouths?

1 person likes this

mmm its a possibility .. good point you making neen. high 5 :) or could it be foolish words that come out of their mouths?

Well foolish words come from a foolish mind so....

Edit: Not saying that girls who like that are foolish. I'm just saying that as a general statement. :)

2 people like this

Well foolish words come from a foolish mind so....

Edit: Not saying that girls who like that are foolish. I'm just saying that as a general statement. :)

amen Kay :) high 5 for you too ... why I asked the question was.. the woman here where I live.. they have this infamous slogan.. they want tall dark and handsome man. and when you tell them .. grow up or get insight.. they say.. you just jealous.

1 person likes this

I'll go with what kendra said... I'm not really sure why I like shorter girls but I think it is more of a protective thing because you'll see she's physically smaller than you and you'll want to protect her because you see her as smaller and weaker than you and that she'll fit it to your arms better when you let her snuggle up with you, and you can pick her up... Especially when your married ;).

I also think there's more polarity between larger men and smaller women and I think that would also make women feel more feminine and men more masculine... But I'm just guessing as I've never dated someone much smaller than me... Not that I'd mind :D

haha I guess I'm the odd one out but personally I like tall girls :P Sure there's nothing wrong with short girls. I've dated a couple. But personally its the tall girls that am attracted to. Im about 6'1 so like dating someone whos like 5'8-5'9 would be perfect for me :) even though the average girl is like 5'5 I think. I think its the long legs that get me or the fact that there arent as many tall girls so when I see a hot tall girl am like that makes her more special lol!!! haha just my opinion tho

2 people like this

haha I guess I'm the odd one out but personally I like tall girls :P Sure there's nothing wrong with short girls. I've dated a couple. But personally its the tall girls that am attracted to. Im about 6'1 so like dating someone whos like 5'8-5'9 would be perfect for me :) even though the average girl is like 5'5 I think. I think its the long legs that get me or the fact that there arent as many tall girls so when I see a hot tall girl am like that makes her more special lol!!! haha just my opinion tho

Thank you! I'm like 5'8" coming up real close on 5'9".

It's nice to see a guy who likes a tall-ish girl :P (Not saying anything against anyone else)

I've asked many girls the same question and was surprised how a lot of girls would not even date a guy who was shorter. I definitely think girls really want a taller guy to feel feminine and protected. Maybe this just a girl thing?

Honestly, I don't really care about height. I'm 6'1" and I've been attracted to girls of all sizes. I don't even care if she is taller than me, height is really not something I stress about. I'm secure enough in my own masculinity not to feel threatened by a taller woman. I mean I suppose I would slightly prefer a taller girl to match my height but again, not something I think about much at all.

so she can fit in my arms and lap easier!

I'm just shy of 6'1", and I've never cared about height. Though it does turn out that my girlfriend is short but that just adds to her adorableness

I'm like 5'6", so kind of in the middle. I've usually been attracted to guys that are taller than me, or at least the same height :)

I hate to be that guy, but you can't really control your height. LOL. I am 5'7", and I will be 5'7" for the remainder of my life. I know people that have height "demands," for instance the significant other has to be taller than them. Which could make you miss out on a lot of opportunities because you have narrowed your preferences.

Me personally, I would like someone who is the same height as me, (or close to). Why? It's quite simple. You see eye-to-eye, you hug easily, you dance majestically, you hold hands equally, etc. Those are a few examples of why being the same height is good, but take a different look at it. Why choose not to be with someone based on something you have no control over?

I once dated a girl who was 5'11" and I was 5"6". How did we deal, we teased each other. I would ask her how the weather was up there, and she would in turn ask me if I liked having to lean upwards to hug her. HAHA. We had fun with it.

Key point is you can be attracted to someone based on a specific ideal height, but would you miss out on your potential "One" because they are not the height you desire?

Finally, some ladies may feel whether consciously or unconsciously that being with a shorter guy makes them feel vulnerable. Well, I have many friends that are not tall that could kill someone before they hit the ground, so the "protection angle" doesn't really fly.

4 people like this

I often notice amazing looking guys,if I can be shallow for a minute,over 6 feet tall, and handsome usually with petite women, under 5'5 and very often I might add. I notice tall women with men who are the same height or shorter and nothing special to look at. Sorry just my observations over the years.

1 person likes this

Y'all, I'm not saying anyone's height is a deal breaker! Although I prefer guys taller than me... Well duh, I'm 5'1" so most guys are more than likely going to be quite a bit taller than I am. Haha. I'm simply asking why guys like shorter girls (if they do at all) because I don't understand it. Maybe it is a protective thing.

The guy in particular that I'm talking about literally towers over me and my best friend. So it's funny that he's always loved shorter (and to him, much shorter) girls! I'd think being 6'2" you might want your girlfriend to at least be like 5'6"-5'8".

But then again... I also have a good friend who is either 6'8" or 6'9", and his (now ex) girlfriend is GORGEOUS (seriously she's a model) and I think 5'10". Making her giant to me, but still quite small compared to him.

I guess everyone has their own tastes! If a guy wasn't 6'0", I wouldn't consider not dating/marrying him because of his height. I simply want to be physically attracted to the guy I'm dating/marrying. Doesn't matter if he fits all of these "dream guy" specifications. Haha I've prayed about it and pretty much given up a "type" in terms of looks, asking God to just let me be attracted to him/him attracted to me... And I've been praying more for his character traits than physical traits. That's what it all comes down to, really, anyway.

Thanks for your answers, though :)

So that we can wear skyscraper high heels and still be shorter so that we get the "protected cuddle factor" :D

Just walking out on a limb here... but I might have some idea as to why a guy likes a girl to be inches shorter.

Maybe it makes the guy feel like he can protect her, and look out for her. So he can hold her just right when they hug, so his girl can just lean against him so perfectly when their cuddling (Innocently, of course). The way she just falls into his arms, and he can embrace her and hold her tight. Feeling like he can secure her, and keep her from harm. But also to feel the touch of her heart as she has a smile on her face.

Just some of my opinion... not sure how accurate that is being's all this is coming from a girl :P

I'm dubbing this the "protected cuddle factor"... it's sooooooo true I love my high heels but I love not wearing them with my guy so I feel small and vunerable so that he can just squish me into a bear hug....love it!!