Invincible

How many is "too many" partners?

28 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2012 at 11:13 PM, Invincible said:

So many of us, a sexual past is not a deal breaker provided the other person is committed to WTM. But is there a point where having too many sexual partners is too much for you to overlook? Like if a potential love interest has slept with 10 people or 20 or perhaps many more? How many is too many for you?

The way I see it is when someone bonds with another sexually, they give not just a piece of themselves physically but a piece of their heart as well. It's a piece that you can never take back. When a person has given themselves sexually to so many people, it doesn't feel like they have much left for you since they have spread themselves so thin, so to speak. I will love my future wife with all my heart, sexual past or not. I could get over it if she was with a couple sexual partners. But I don't know if I could personally handle it if she has slept around with many many guys. On paper, I know I should be able to, but I don't know if I could emotionally get over it. I can't put an exact number but the more she has been with, the harder it would be for me.

I think if it's the right person God has for you, you won't even think twice about it :) ALSO, some food for thought: do you think that someone who had been married, waited till marriage, got cheated on, maybe got married and got widowed, if that would change the partner number at all? 

Edited by OneLovelyBabe
1 person likes this

For me personally any partner at all is too much. I am saving myself for someone who is saving themselves for me.

1 person likes this

More than 2 but even one is too much. Personally I will not like to have a wife that has defiled herself in the past. But I'm accepting the reality that fornication is becoming a norm even in our society.

But how would I know that whether she had a bad past or not?