Sophie

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live?

40 posts in this topic

I have no desire to permanently move from Canada. Vancouver, British Columbia is the best place to be in the country and while I enjoy where I am right now, I have no intention of remaining in Montreal, Quebec after I graduate university.

But if I could go to a foreign place for an international exchange, it would be....Hamburg, Germany! Mainly because A) it looks like a beautiful city, B ) I know German, and C) it's close to the sea. I definitely have the opportunity at my university to go to Germany for 4-9 months, but I don't think they have any exchange partners in Hamburg. :( Anywhere in Germany would be great too.

I would say Sweden. It's beautiful, and one of the best countries to live in(rated one of the happiest, gender equality, ect).

1 person likes this

I'd have to go with New Zealand, Switzerland, or Australia. Some place with gorgeous scenery and lots of outdoorsy-ness. B)

3 people like this

Africa. I wanna see what it felt like for my ancestors to live there

2 people like this

ill take you. just tell me when :)

1 person likes this

Come and visit me Tev.. and its very very hot

Singapore is a nice country to live in. First its a very clean country. Second.. its a country with mix cultures. Its an alpha city. Always summer.. [okay very very humid there].. if I could choose different country.. shall go for NZ. [the adventure country]

1 person likes this

Canada ftw <3

Not only because I've wanted to always live there, but also because of it's beauty, and because my dream man lives there.

4 people like this

well I love living in the Okanagan, BC, but if I had to pick somewhere else to live, I've always been interested in New Zealand.

Canada ftw <3

Not only because I've wanted to always live there, but also because of it's beauty, and because my dream man lives there.

Yay Canada!!!! lol. Trust me: we are an awesome country. ;) who's your dream man? Ryan Gosling? Justin Bieber? jk on the last one.

Where i'm living now Sydney, Australia. An hour to the City, An hour to the beach, An hour to the country. Safe, family-orientated, forest in my backyard, respectable schools, parks in every suburb, low pollution, beautiful weather. Not a day goes by that i'm not aware of how lucky i am to live in this magnificent country.

I lived in Canberra, Australia when I was 5. But I went to Sydney when I lived there.

But in Vancouver I am a three minute walk from the ocean, ten minute walk to the beach, I live in the city, eight minute drive to downtown...but I have no backyard filled with koalas and kangaroos so I guess you win. ;) just boring squirrels and raccoons.

I'm in my paradise, and i never want to live anywhere else.

I mostly feel the same way about my home city, and definitely my country. I think Vancouver is the best city in Canada because it is a perfect mixture of city/nature, and the ocean is everywhere (and hands down BC is the best Province.) But I think I feel like living in a foreign country is a really important thing to do in your adulthood. My mom lived in France, my dad lived in Israel...6 months in NZ and Australia at age 4 and 5 does not count for me. And I don't feel like moving to America counts either cuz it doesn't feel foreign at all.

1 person likes this

Yay Canada!!!! lol. Trust me: we are an awesome country. ;) who's your dream man? Ryan Gosling? Justin Bieber? jk on the ladt one.

*looks at Justin Beiber's name* I said dream "man". :P

And it's our very own wtm. org Chris(toph) <3

3 people like this

*looks at Justin Beiber's name* I said dream "man". :P

And it's our very own wtm. org Chris(toph) <3

lol. Yeah I noticed you two were in each other's avatars. I was just kidding around (cuz Ryan Gosling is mine. ;) )

Norway and Switzerland for me. Both have been consistently ranked among the happiest places in the world overall. I also like the snow atmosphere over there. To top things off, both countries also have relatively lenient gun laws :)

On the other end of the weather spectrum, I would also wouldn't mind living in Israel. It's the holy place according to the Judeo-Christian faiths :)

I mostly feel the same way about my home city, and definitely my country. I think Vancouver is the best city in Canada because it is a perfect mixture of city/nature, and the ocean is everywhere (and hands down BC is the best Province.) But I think I feel like living in a foreign country is a really important thing to do in your adulthood. My mom lived in France, my dad lived in Israel...6 months in NZ and Australia at age 4 and 5 does not count for me. And I don't feel like moving to America counts either cuz it doesn't feel foreign at all.

I agree, Vancouver is really great. Most of my mom's side live in the Vancouver-Richmond area and I used to visit it several times a year. People there are really friendly and the food is really good. I feel like Canada is familiar enough to America in that it's easy to get around yet foreign enough to experience something new.

I feel like Canada is familiar enough to America in that it's easy to get around yet foreign enough to experience something new.

I think it's different for Canadians - we don't view America as foreign at all. Every day our news channels are bombarded with American news - much more so than Canadian news - and we are heavily, heavily immersed in America's media. We learn more about American politics in high school than Canadian politics. I think to Canadians, America is merely an extension of Canada with a different Prime Minister and less-colourful money. lol. Of course Canadians also visit America much more often than Americans visits Canada, so we get used to the country. So yeah, America is another country but it's not a "foreign" one. If that makes any sense. I used to go to Seattle a few times every year and nearly every time I'd forget I wasn't in Canada, and I'd try to use Canadian money. XD

I actually wouldn't go that far haha. I've always loved Tennessee. Would I ever move there? Probly not unless I had a good reason to lol but I just love the hills and mountains. And it's slightly warmer than where I live now but not too hot XP

1 person likes this

Amazon Rain Forest - Brazil. I'd find the remaining species of tropical frogs.

1 person likes this

I want to live in Italy for awhile, and Sweden too. I want to go to Sweden for my graduate studies. I would also like to live in the southern parts of the US, like Atlanta, Georgia. I visited once and it was lovely.

1 person likes this

Hmmm....anywhere in the USA that has crystal clear blue water! I love my country and warm weather, but I would probably just take a long vacation there. I really like my hometown!

I am pretty in love with Canada. The Truth North Strong and Free is where I always want to be. However, Sydney, Australia would be pretty awesome. Also, because Canadians and Aussies are very similar, the winter notwithstanding.

I would love to go to Italy. Well, specifically Venice where all the gondolas are :D I love their language, the food, the scenery, everything! Although I would terribly miss my beaches :unsure:

1 person likes this

Scotland! I WANNA LIVE IN SCOTLAND! I cannot express how much want WANT means. WANT WANT WANNNNNT! eee!

1 person likes this

Scotland! I WANNA LIVE IN SCOTLAND! I cannot express how much want WANT means. WANT WANT WANNNNNT! eee!

Jegsy may be able to hook u up, lol!

1 person likes this