Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kailey

Found a Great Blog About WTM

2 posts in this topic

Just wanted to share a great blog/article that I found. The writer's words just struck me, he worded it so well! :) Here's an excerpt:

"Here’s what I am saying: sex is not an expression of love. Then what is sex an expression of? Sex is an expression of unity and commitment. To have sex with someone is to declare that you are “one flesh†with him or her (1 Corinthians 6:17, Genesis 2:24, Ephesians 5:31). Sex is a way of expressing a reality that goes much deeper than the flesh, all the way to the soul. When you’re married, two people become one person at multiple levels: emotionally, spiritually, intellectually, and physically. They are still individuals, but something mysterious happens to bring them together as one. In a very real sense, the former, single person no longer exists. Only the person-as-couple remains. It’s as if every married person loses his or her maiden name, taking on a new identity altogether.

Therefore, sex is a way of expressing on the surface, that which is a reality within. It’s an expression of unity and commitment, not just love. This means that the only way to have sex properly is to commit yourself to another for life in marriage. Without the commitment, it’s not really sex. It’s something inferior and damaging and perverted. As I said before, you’ll suffer the consequences of it. Only after your souls are united and open, can you even begin to touch the wonder of sex.

So, to the guy who says, “If you really love me, then you’ll have sex with me!†I say, “If you really love her, then you’ll care for her according to what’s best for her, which means no sex until marriage.†Otherwise, you’ll be corrupting not just your own relationship with her, but also your relationship with God.

Sex is an expression of the reality of fidelity. Faithfulness. Trust. Whenever anyone says to you, “If you really love me, then…†you are being handed a dishful of conditions. They do not love you unconditionally, so they do not truly love you. I fear that most often the females, who are searching for unconditional love, fall into the conditional traps of males."

http://samuelkee.com/2012/09/14/sex-before-marriage/

4 people like this