Neen

VIDEO INTROS!

253 posts in this topic

Someday, I hope to emulate the valiant behavior of Neen and envincebal.

But today is not that day.

/hideunderloveseat

7 people like this

Someday, I hope to emulate the valiant behavior of Neen and envincebal.

But today is not that day.

/hideunderloveseat

Come come Eraser .. don't be shy :)

Hey thanks for the shout, Vince! Now I feel compelled to make my own video intro. A little embarrassed to say it, but I've never actually made a video before that wasn't like a training video or something. I do have a webcam though...

5 people like this

@mike you HAVE to make one. this is a command not a suggestion :P hehehe. please?

@erasercrumbs i think you are the cutest. for some reason your response made me giggle. please make one? :D

Hey thanks for the shout, Vince! Now I feel compelled to make my own video intro. A little embarrassed to say it, but I've never actually made a video before that wasn't like a training video or something. I do have a webcam though...

Well, really you already have your picture and name up .... so that means all that's left is to make your voice heard! :D

1 person likes this

Well, really you already have your picture and name up .... so that means all that's left is to make your voice heard! :D

Although some of us have/has (not sure whether the word "some" is singular or plural, anyway) heard his voice already ;) !

1 person likes this

Although some of us have/has (not sure whether the word "some" is singular or plural, anyway) heard his voice already ;) !

You know what I meant! :P

Thank you Neen and Vince for making a video! It's so cool to see you all in person, talking and put a voice to your name on here! :) Maybe I will post a video intro sometime soon too! I know I hope more people do!

3 people like this

Thank you Neen and Vince for making a video! It's so cool to see you all in person, talking and put a voice to your name on here! :) Maybe I will post a video intro sometime soon too! I know I hope more people do!

Do it, Pure! All the cool kids are doing it....that being me and Neen :) (Now is the part where everyone feels my peer pressure overwhelming them and they start hearing this little voice in their head, which is really my voice, telling them to make a video so they can be cool)

4 people like this

do it! i dont think you can be more awkward than me! hahaha

edit:this is a challenge btw..

1 person likes this

Do it, Pure! All the cool kids are doing it....that being me and Neen :) (Now is the part where everyone feels my peer pressure overwhelming them and they start hearing this little voice in their head, which is really my voice, telling them to make a video so they can be cool)

So thats the voice I hear in my thoughts lately :P

Shall make a video ^_^ in the coming days :P

3 people like this

Hey Guys!

Finally got my own video intro recorded! Sorry for the drab background. I just moved into a new apartment, and I'm not really big on interior decorating. As long as the computers are humming along nicely, I'm happy. :D

30 people like this

Nice vid Mike!! I really liked that graph you showed and the point you made about it; agree completely!

1 person likes this

@dodgedude - Yeah I thought YOU would like that graph muhahaha.

1 person likes this

excellent vid Mike.. you're really full of energy [in a good way] :) and like the vid. And I so agree with you about common wisdom. Thumbs up Mike... and by the way.. how do you upload a vid?

1 person likes this

Thanks, Eugene! In my case, I just uploaded it to YouTube, then pasted the link in the post box; the forum software will embed YouTube URLs automatically.

1 person likes this

You're welcome Mike :) and did you made your vid private or public in youtube? Okay I'm going to give you guys a teaser.. ^_^

6 people like this

Thanks Mike! Awesome video!

I honestly think the site looks a heck of a lot better than it originally did and don't know how it could be improved lol BUT I'm glad you DO and that you want to. (Clearly, computer and website management are my things :P) I also really like the graph you showed.....as I've mentioned before, a coulple of my really close friends are/were psychology majors and everything is SO interesting! Maybe I'll end up getting my Master's degree in Educational Psycholody instead of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages :P I definitely agree about the values in common thing with the graph....sometimes there can be too much attraction (if there can be such a thing) :wub:

2 people like this

[envincebal's video]

Here I am :)

Nice video envincebal! I love the encouragement and thanks :)

@Eugene - Yay good start! I set my video to "Unlisted" so I can embed it but it doesn't show up in YouTube search results. Also: Are you in Silent Hill? :lol:

@Sally - I'm really glad you like the look of the site! I remember back when you were all "No...it's way too boxy." with one of the old layouts. So I know that if you didn't like it, you'd say so haha (which is a really valuable quality, IMHO). In case you're curious, the next step on aesthetics is better mobile/tablet compatibility, better typography, and more purposeful and unique layouts for certain types of articles (e.g., celebrity bios). I'll make sure to run all changes past you first haha (and everybody, of course). You SHOULD get your MA in Education Psychology! You sound like you've got the bug for it!

1 person likes this

@Eugene - Yay good start! I set my video to "Unlisted" so I can embed it but it doesn't show up in YouTube search results. Also: Are you in Silent Hill? :lol:

@Sally - I'm really glad you like the look of the site! I remember back when you were all "No...it's way too boxy." with one of the old layouts. So I know that if you didn't like it, you'd say so haha (which is a really valuable quality, IMHO). In case you're curious, the next step on aesthetics is better mobile/tablet compatibility, better typography, and more purposeful and unique layouts for certain types of articles (e.g., celebrity bios). I'll make sure to run all changes past you first haha (and everybody, of course). You SHOULD get your MA in Education Psychology! You sound like you've got the bug for it!

Ooooh I gotcha! Like better formatting for when it's used on smartphones? It doesn't view the best; so I lot of time I just go to full version and zoom in :P

Good job, Mike! I like how you've got a little plug for the WTM wristbands at 1:32... But I think you should have tried a Scottish accent. It's not so difficult...

Also, did you get a haircut?

xxx

1 person likes this

Hey Guys!

Finally got my own video intro recorded! Sorry for the drab background. I just moved into a new apartment, and I'm not really big on interior decorating. As long as the computers are humming along nicely, I'm happy. :D

Awesome video, Mike! I'm super proud of all your hard work in making this site and bring us all together. I can' wait to see this site change for the better and grow. I also love the graph and I totally agree. The more similarities two people have, the less likely they'll run into conflict and they are more likely to have a stronger bond. If there is any benefits to having differences, it's the ones that compliments each other rather than ones that divide.

You're welcome Mike :) and did you made your vid private or public in youtube? Okay I'm going to give you guys a teaser.. ^_^

[Eugene's video]

Eugene, you tease! Release the whole video already! Lol.

Nice video envincebal! I love the encouragement and thanks :)

You're very welcome, madame :)

[thegirlwhoswaiting's video]

There ye go lads! A terribly awkward intro!

Edit, I look scary as anything in the thumbnail hahah

Great video, TGWW! That wasn't awkward at all. It's so cool to hear your Irish accent!

Good job, Mike! I like how you've got a little plug for the WTM wristbands at 1:32... But I think you should have tried a Scottish accent. It's not so difficult...

I have an idea. Why don't you make a video and teach us how to do a Scottish accent. :)

1 person likes this