Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sophie

Do you like your name?

4 posts in this topic

I happen to adore my name. Now I think a lot of people here gave fictional names, right? I actually didn't give a fictional name, I just gave a fictional spelling. Anyone want to guess the actual spelling of my name? Sophie means "wisdom," which I happen to have a lot of (a rare moment of unmodesty,) I love my unique spelling of the name because it sets me apart from all the Sophies in North America (S.o.p.h.i.e is the only spelling used in North America, and all English-speaking countries,) and it is very feminine. All of my names (I have two middle names) are very feminine. So I really love my name. I wish Sophie wasn't so freakishly popular these days, but like I said - that's not how I spell it. ;)

I love my name. Not a lot of people have this name. And actually, this is how you spell my real life name, Kendra. It's unique, which seems to fit my personality just right, unique. (Not to sound boastful here). So, I wouldn't change my name at all. I actually didn't like my name for a while, up until I was like 9 or 10 years old or so.

When I tell people my name, a lot of them say, "That's a beautiful name", or "That's a unique name, I like it." Not to sound particular, but I feel special when people compliment my name. It's just a cool little reminder that I am different than others, and that i'm my own person. It always bring a smile to my face :)

1 person likes this

My name.. yeah I do like my name. Its unique like Kendra mention above. I know my Christian name means.. Well-born.. :)

My name (Charmaine) actually means "Charming" so I try my best to live up to its meaning. I think my name is pretty unique as well. I have only come across one other person with my name and they spelled theirs quite differently. I think my name just tends to create a lot of opportunities for people to think of nicknames lol! Have you guys ever seen that Charmin Tissue commercial..Cha Cha Cha Charmin! Thats how EVERYONE would address me back in high school. Or they would call me by those pokemon names Charizard and Charmander. Oh! How about this one?..Chow Mein. Lol Its fun and Ive grown used to it so it makes me love my name that much more!