Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sally

Gives Me Hope

10 posts in this topic

Anyone want to share any 'gives me hope' stories ? I was at a concert with my bff last night and saw a lot of couples and I was just really envious and sad. I would just tell myself, someday, someday. Because those type of guys aren't ones I wanna attract; just one that's right for me. Lol. Thanks!

it is kind of a hope story...i think what gives me hope a lot of the time is when i meet absolutely lovely guys who are married. I babysit for a lot of people where i live and the husbands are so sweet, caring and respectful. A lot of them go to church, some are good looking and just the thought that it is possible to meet really charming and wonderful men who aren't sleezy helps. A lot of them have been with their wives since they were 18 and have had children with them. They aren't that old either and are very much in love with their wives. It just shows that marriage does work, love is very strong and real and that you have to set your sights on more mature guys or be patient as you get older and have faith that eventually you will cross paths with a very nice guy perfect for you.

Another thing is something beyonce said. She said that when you're in your twenties you should be single or not too young marry because it is a time when you have so much energy and can really accomplish a lot for yourself by focusing on your career and become who you want to be. So being single has a lot of positives and i'm glad i haven't had a serious boyfriend yet. I've seen what it does to my friends who have never been single. They jump from relationship to relationship because they don't know how to make themselves happy on their own. Cuddles and kisses can always be shared by friends. Those who sleep with their boyfriends become afraid of how vulnerable they feel and terrified of it ending. It will be nice to not have those extra stresses to weigh us down.

I hope that sort of helps even thought it's not exactly what you wanted.

1 person likes this

Two things help me alot, one religious and one not. The religious one is having faith and assurance in God and that whenever you want to do something to please Him and something that is itself a pure and noble thing (eg. waiting till marriage), then God will definitely help you and grant you the best that you couldn't have ever imagined. The non-religious thing is the saying that "the best come to those who wait", which I think most of us believe in. The patience and perseverance are but 2 small prices that you pay, but in the end you know what you're gonna get will be the most amazing thing ever, and it'll be something that you'll cherish forever :) .

Anna: I don't kiss or cuddle with my friends XP A couple of us will do back massages, most do hugs haha. I f I have a guy friend I kiss and cuddle with; he'll be my bf, if not, I'll end acting like we're dating since not going anywhere.

Mark: Thanks, I try to do that do, but I'm like "heeelllloooo God, where are you ?? what are any of your plans for me ?? where should I go after graduation?? where should i apply?? etc etc "

I agree about Anna's post!! I find the same to be true about most of the Dads of families I babysat for as well =)

Thanks, ThatGuy!! Hope so, it's just frustrating in college =P

OK, this is kind of pathetic, but whenever I hear about older people meeting and falling in love late in life, it gives me hope and makes me feel like less of a loser for being 28 and still unmarried.

This holds true for real life stories, like a 40-year-old guy I met who knew that he was going to marry his wife not at first sight, but at first sound...he heard her voice on the phone and knew. When he told me this they had been happily married for a few years. The point is he didn't meet her until later in life, but he was still happy like a young newlywed.

And it also holds true for fictional stories: Again, I love Pushing Daisies because Ned and Chuck both start out being 28/29-year-old loners.

So basically any story, real or imagined, that doesn't follow the whole "Go to college. Turn 21. Meet soul mate. Graduate. Get married. Happily ever after." script gives me hope.

That and the fact that women hit their sexual peak at age 40. :lol:

it sounds strange now to say cuddles and kisses with friends but i don't mean in a romantic way and i tend to call hugs cuddles. I just mean that sometimes getting a good hug from a friend or wandering around holding your best friends hand can make you feel loved. I guess it's hard to explain how me and my friends are but we're all really cuddly people! Haha.

oooh okay! That makes sense now. haha. I love hugging friends hi and bye. I like when people are more touchy feely when they're drinking--side hugs, more hugs, dancing more thatn would if sober. I can dance etc. w/o drinking but I guess some people feel the need =P

Yeah I know what you mean! I love it when some of my friends get drunk because I can take advantage of their inclination for hugs haha.

being on this web-sight and getting to talk to all of you gives me hope and shows me im not alone :D