Guest Ace

Would you be upset if...

34 posts in this topic

Look I don't see any reason to get offended if a guy doesn't wear his ring. Unless you don't trust that he really loves you. I mean I am in the Marines and there is almost never a time in which it is practical or allowed. Look I would be fine wearing it on my dog-tag chain as I do with my purity ring now or even getting a tattoo. But like it was said in the first point and several after is that girls would be 'paranoid' if their man didn't wear his ring...WHY? If he waited 20+ years for you do you really not trust that he won't cheat on you now? Or are you more worried about how other women will treat him...still even if they do its not like he won't repel their advances and let them know he is married. Think this is more about trust and less about some ring....I would feel the same way about my wife in fact we can get tattoos together....even more permanent than rings cause you can't take a tattoo off. So forever announcing our love for each other to all....which it will be forever.

I agree with this 100%! While the ring is a symbol of your marriage, it doesn't reflect on the marriage if it's not worn. I can see being concerned about how other women treat a man who doesn't wear a ring, but if he's loyal (which you know he is) it shouldn't matter.

My grandfather and probably half of my uncles don't wear their rings, but I'm not sure if they once did. My dad used to but hasn't for as long as I can remember. I know he has it, but I have actually never seen it. He works in metal recycling and tire shredding and once almost lost his finger because his ring got caught on machinery while he was using it. He used to put it back on after work, but sometimes he would forget to take it off the next morning when he left. He didn't like the idea of leaving it in his truck or keeping in a pocket since he didn't want to lose it. It's never bothered any of the women in my family that their husbands don't wear them, so perhaps that's why I don't see it as a big deal.

1 person likes this

I wear gloves a lot. When I'm at work, while I'm driving so I'd probably not wear it then. I don't know much about wedding rings. Maybe water effects them so I'd take it off during a shower. If I'm playing football or basketball I'd probably take it off.

I don't like wearing jewelry. The ring is a symbol of our marriage, but if I decide not to wear it at times it's not because I don't love Her or because I want to pick up women.

1 person likes this

Like pretty much everyone on here, I'll wear my band with pride. Like it should be; marriage, fatherhood, family, it all used to be the pillar of what made a man a man...at least according to society. And it was actually a good standard: show me a a man who cares deeply and provides for his family, and I'll show you a man who can take on the world.

Today, its all under attack.

A mans wedding band shouldnt really get in the way so I dont see the need to remove it.  I think I would be hurt if my man didn't wear his ring.   However!  Being that I am an artist.... I find rings extreemly irritating to wear since the stones stick out.  I end up taking off jewelry when I draw or do crafts because they get in the way.  Maybe a big rock on my finger is not for me and something more practical like a mabs band would be better for me too.

New old thread...yay! lol

So, I think all depends on his job. Or the reasons why he has for not wearing it. Honestly, I'd hope he'd always want to wear it, but some jobs won't allow. However, I'm more inclined to say depends. I know I plan on always wearing mine, and I hope he does...unless the job thing gets in the way.

2 people like this

I wouldn't be upset if he didn't wear his ring all the time. It's not like I'm going to wear mine all the time.

1 person likes this

Unless his job forbid him from wearing it(which I don't see happening) or he had a reasonable excuse, I would be offended. It's a sign of our love and commitment to one another. The only time I would take my ring off is when we're sleeping or I'm taking a shower. 

I plan to wear mine all the time and I would expect my husband to do the same. End of story.