Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest markb4

Question for the Ladies

11 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I hate seeing this forum static and not changing much, so I decided to start yet another topic, lol. This one is for the ladies and also a question that I have pondered about for a while too. In your opinion, what makes a guy cute as opposed to hot as opposed to handsome? And which would you rather marry (providing of course he has a good personality, humor, etc.)? Have fun w/this question.

For me, A guy who is hot has all the beauty and no brains. He looks like a model but also looks really self-absorbed. He is fun to look at :)

A guy who is handsome, has chiselled good looks but also looks interesting, like you could have a conversation with him. He seems smart as well as gorgeous and attractive.

A guy who is cute is someone who just makes you giggle for doing really stupid things, is lovely and you just want to give cuddles to all the time because they are so happy and just well cute! They tend to smile a lot and are just sweet, funny and a good laugh to be around and you can have a nice conversation with them.

1 person likes this

Anna summed this is up nicely!

'Hot' guys generally have that supermodel face and the body, but the trait is usually only carnal and skin-deep. And in general, they really do come off as self-absorbed. Since you asked what we prefer, I'll ahead and give my opinions on the stereotypes...

Personally, I don't particularly care for these guys and try to avoid them. Sure, they're nice to look at, but in my experience they don't give you the time of day until you do your hair, make-up, and throw on some flashy heels with your jeans. THEN they're all over you. Having a meaningful, artful conversation with them is even harder, so I can't even imagine trying to build a lasting relationship or connection there. Plus, a good deal of the ones I've talked to keep up their appearances for the sake of attracting ladies for sexual encounters... which isn't what I'm after ;)

Of course there are *always* exceptions to stereotypes.

'Cute' guys... Cute is probably the most abused adjective in the entire American-English language by now. But I've always associated it with any quality that makes a person more endearing. So, if I were to refer to a guy as cute, maybe he has a specific feature, like a charismatic smile, or contagious laugh... it doesn't have to be something physical either... it can be quirky, funny, dorky, just something that adds personality in a positive way. Maybe he hums to himself down the grocery aisle and doesn't realize it? There's more of a positive, lasting connotation there. Cute guys are usually attractive in other ways besides being 'sexually desirable,' though the two could certainly coincide. As long as there's depth in character, these guys are usually super nice and fun to be around.

Handsome guys. I've heard girls refer to the definition of 'handsome' in a lot of different ways... but in my opinion, if a guy is handsome, I attribute it to the whole package. He doesn't have to be blessed with Abercrombie physique, he just takes care of what he has appearance-wise. The combination of outward appearance, personality, and intelligence makes this kind of guy... in my opinion... gorgeous. I don't ever think a guy is really attractive or handsome until I get to know him. Personality makes a world of difference to me. It's not that personality has to even be totally unique or out of this world... it just needs to be genuine, and there needs to be compassion there. I'm just always skeptical that the physically attractive guys won't pass the jerk-test :lol:

Maybe a girl wants to have sex with a hot guy... but she wants to make love to a handsome one.

Wow, I'm such a rambler... I better stop-- I broke my thumb yesterday and it's KILLER today! :blink:

1 person likes this

For me finding a guy hot always involves a strong physical attraction and can involve personality attraction along with it.

Cute doesn't always involve physical it's more of a personality thing. It's strange because for me it varies from guy to guy I could the same trait cute in one guy, hot in another, and no big deal in yet another, it's really all so strange to me.

Finding a guy cute or hot doesn't mean I'm interested in a marriage type of relationship.

There is a whole other aspect, that I'm not sure if there is a word for that would make me interested in marrying a guy more that personality and looks.

I think maybe a lot of it has to do with where I am in my life and where he is and how compatible that is in the moment and in the future, almost sort of a spiritual thing I guess, in that sense I'm not sure two guys could ever be equal.

there all pretty much the same instep id use cute more for sexy nerdy guys. winch are totally my type forget jocks!

----- :wub: sexy nerd :wub::lol:

(forgive me if my use of the word sexy is inappropriate for this site)

Anna & Claire--totally agree with both of your posts!!

A hot guy for me is one that is very physically attractive, but that may be it for him. Meaning, no other redeeming qualities like similr morals or values to me, or respect for women. He could be an airhead who thrives on beer, girls and sports and is hard to have a good conversationwith.

A handsome guy is usually what I would say is prety attractive and even more so (sexually, I guess) because of personality factored in. Just classy, nice, stylish I guess...handsome is more grown-up per say like when a guy looks older, is in a suit, etc.

Cute could be interchanged with adorable depending on situation. Usually because of a guys actions that are sweet, thoughtful or just nice---he's 'cute'. Maybe a guy is nerdy but he's still cute. (a.k.a. still can be attractive just wanna get to know him better ;)

there all pretty much the same instep id use cute more for sexy nerdy guys. winch are totally my type forget jocks!

----- :wub: sexy nerd :wub::lol:

(forgive me if my use of the word sexy is inappropriate for this site)

I'm glad there are people like you who like us non-athletic nerds ;) lol.

Hey all,

I hate seeing this forum static and not changing much, so I decided to start yet another topic, lol. This one is for the ladies and also a question that I have pondered about for a while too. In your opinion, what makes a guy cute as opposed to hot as opposed to handsome? And which would you rather marry (providing of course he has a good personality, humor, etc.)? Have fun w/this question.

For me what makes a guy cute is how he acts toward me and treats me. If you're truely sweet and show it I notice it right away and it's very attractive. For me looks have never mattered all that much. If you show respect and kindness and then we'll be fine. That's my opinion.

~Stephie~

I'm glad there are people like you who like us non-athletic nerds ;) lol.

:wub:

what makes a giy cute, mmmm, strong, cares about there looks but not shallow,inteligent, the voce i like a dep voce :rolleyes: tall, i like guys taller than me. older than me i would never date someone younger than me lol. don't know why just would not seems wired to me even if it is just on mount older that's enough. i think that.