Tev

Proverbs 27:15-16

5 posts in this topic

Alright so I didn`t know where to put this topic so forgive me if it`s sposed to go in the religious topic forum. But I was reading this particular verse and it said this:

"A quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping on a rainy day; restraining her is like restraining the wind or grasping oil with the hand".

Now this has me a little stumped because I don`t know what it mean. And so my question is is it saying that a quarrelsome woman would be more difficult to deal with or is it a warning to stay away from quarrelsome women since they`re...... Well..... Quarrelsome? Or is it neither one? Idk yall I need your help! (All opinions welcomed!) :)

I guess it's advice for girls to try to work things out. Good.communication is very important in a marriage. If you're not good at yhat with someone; maybe you ought to reconsider marrying them or seriously work on communication b/t the two of you. That's judt my take.

I think of the constant dripping analogy like this-someone that argues all the time can kind of be bothersome in ways.

Ever hear a leaky faucet? It can be very annoying and bothersome, similar to constant dripping on a rainy day.

Related Verses:

Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife. Pro 25:25, Pro 21:9

Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife. Pro 21:19

A foolish son is his father's ruin, and a quarrelsome wife is like a constant dripping. Pro 19:13

This sentiment is presented about 5 times.

And yes, quarrelsome (people) are difficult to deal with. If at all possible, please don't marry a quarrelsome person.