Sophie

Would you want to wear your wedding ring all the time?

47 posts in this topic

As for me and others in similar occupations...

Being in the medical field... I cannot wear jewelry, especially rings at all times. It's actually forbidden in the NICU (neonatal (baby) Intensive Care Unit) because of the patients' high susceptibility to bacterial infection. So I plan to wear my ring on a necklace when I have to remove it and I also would like to get a Celtic knot tattoo on my left ring finger... so that I am always wearing my symbol of commitment.

*problem solved* .^_^.

I would wear mine alll the time! It wouldn't be as bulky as the wife's ring, so it wouldnt bother me. Ive been wearing this ring i have for almost 2 years, and i almost never take it off :)

I would wear mine all the time, not just because it is a symbol of the commitment, but because it would make me think about my husband all day and how much I care about him. Right now I have a simple gold pinky ring that was made from a melted down ring of a family friend, and I wear it every day. I consider the person who gave it to me as another grandmother, and it is one of my most prized possessions. It makes me think about her every day, which is comforting because I don't get to see her very often since she lives in Canada. To me a wedding ring would be considered with the same level of regard. So even though I hardly wear any jewelry, despite the fact my ears have been pierced since I was six months old, I would be willing to make an exception for a wedding ring.

I'll try to wear it as much as possible. I am horrible with jewelry. I can't stand the feeling of it, especially rings and plus I am a very clumsy and forgetful person. It would be just my luck to drop it down something or lose it. I think my husband will have to get me an inexpensive ring.

24/7, unless I broke my finger or needed a cast or something on my hand. Or if I needed to take it off for work.

How do men feel about wearing wedding rings? I ask because my dad never wears his (come to think of it, maybe he lost it and doesn't like to talk about it). But the younger men I know who are married all do.

right now i wear a chastity ring. but once it gets replaced with an engagement ring.....i will never want to take it off :]

i have been waiting a long time for it.....

1 person likes this

I can't think why I wouldn't want to wear it really. I'd be so happy to show the world I'm in a permanently committed relationship and it also deters unwanted advances. I might take it off for sports and other stuff, I wouldn't want to lose it. At the same time I wouldn't want to be one of those people that NEVER takes it off that when something happens they can't handle it. I don't like to place too much importance on physical things or get too attached though a wedding ring is probably the physical item I'd be most attached to because of the sentimental value.

I want to keep mine on as long as I can. I love rings, however in some situations where it might get damaged ot I can't have it on I think I would string it onto a necklace.

1 person likes this

I would wear mine all the time (except for when I absolutely had to take it off for certain activities). :)

This will be me-even with my engagement ring, I only take it off to do dishes or other cleaning. Some of those chemicals can be harsh in the rings, so I was told that gold/silver rings last better if you take care of them. I love having a symbol to show others that I'm taken by DD. ;):) <3

1 person likes this

I wouldn't wear mine all the time, cause I don't want it to get dirty, broken, or fall off and get lost.

I think when I am working, depending where I work, the ring will need to come off. Plus I have the habit of losing things so maybe I should just wear it on a necklace.

I already have a couple rings I wear, just not around the house. I would wear it if I'm not cooking, cleaning, or doing my art stuff. I'm always afraid of ruining my rings

I have a very short ring finger (my fingers are so short that, if I line my hand up against someone else's, most people can bend the tips of their fingers over the top of mine), so I'm not even sure if I'm even physically able to wear an engagement and wedding ring at the same time! Also since my fingers are so short, I tend to find a lot of rings uncomfortable, so I have trouble seeing myself wearing a ring every day. Maybe it's something I'd be able to get used to. I hope so, because I really would like to be able to wear it all the time. Or maybe I could just wear it on a necklace, as others have suggested.

I'd take the Lord of The Rings route.

Put it around my neck and feel its heaviness remind me that I am bound to this destiny.

4 people like this

I don't wear a lot of jewelry, but my engagement and wedding rings will be the exception.  My mom had hers cut off last summer and re-sized.  That was the first time I'd ever seen her without her rings.  

1 person likes this

There might be tasks where it may be necessary for it to come off... but I think those are few and far between, for me at least, and most tasks that I'd consider taking it off I could probably just use heavy duty gloves. Which I'd probably do anyway, because of the yuck factor. lol I love the idea of wearing my wedding band for the rest of my life. My engagement ring... that, considering I'd like an art deco 1920s style (even if it's just costume jewelry) ring, or a claddagh, I might consider taking off more often... or, only wearing during special occasions. Mainly because a lot of what I do, for my art, is on the computer, and wearing heavy rings and bracelets (as much as I like to) is not easy. Though, I can understand if you don't like wearing jewelry having a different view. We are all different.

Like many of the girls on here, I am not particuarly fond of jewelry. Everytime I think of earings, I imagine one my chickens ripping my ear in half. lol. But, a wedding band would certainly be an exception, as I would consider it a symbol of commitment. I would want to wear it, unless I was doing dirty chores, or if my fingers swelled during pregnancy and it became uncomfortable to keep on.

Hey I've waited all my life for a ring to signify I'm married I'm wearing it with grace until I'm dead and gone.

3 people like this

My engagement ring and wedding band don't go together, which is intentional. We picked out a relatively inexpensive wedding band so that I could wear it while traveling or doing something that might damage the stones on my engagement ring. On the off chance it was lost or damaged, it's much easier to replace.

The vast majority of the time, I just wear my engagement ring.