Sophie

Would you want to wear your wedding ring all the time?

47 posts in this topic

Call me unromantic, but I would not want to keep that thing on for the rest of my life. The truth is, I don't like jewelry very much at all. I'm just not a flashy person. It would be wonderful to own one and wear it on special occasions, but otherwise I think I'd keep it in a special box somewhere. Honestly, I don't need a wedding ring at all. It's just a nice symbol, in my opinion.

I think I would really try to wear it all of the time, maybe there would be certain circumstances where I would take it off briefly though

1 person likes this

I would want to wear it most of the time. I have this thing, though, about having a "tall" ring (like the setting sits up high) and being around babies/children. I'm always afraid that the diamond is going to scratch their face or skin, or something... Haha. So I kind of want a flat(ter) style ring. But... No, I don't know, actually. I want a pear shaped solitaire. Size 5 ;) I take my rings off to wash my hands, when I sleep, and to shower or when I'm cooking/getting my hands messy. But other than that, my rings are on me more often than not..

Hey Sophie, "unromantic"

I kid, I kid haha!

I thought about this question, and unless I'm "changing the oil in the car"

I've had a productive weekend.

But unless I'm doing some "handy" task, I'd hold to my belief and feel privileged to wear my brass on my finger.

2 people like this

I think I'll wear my ring all of time. If I'm doing something where my hands will get messy I won't

1 person likes this

I waited so long to get it, so i'm going to wear it as much as I can.

Like my purity ring now, I wear it a lot. I wear it to bed even. The only times I don't wear it are in the shower, in the pool, or doing dishes or dirty yard work with my hands (If i'm not wearing gloves, or else i'll wear the gloves over it).

So, I would wear my wedding ring as much as I wear this one I have now. So basically, a lot :)

2 people like this

I waited so long to get it, so i'm going to wear it as much as I can.

I'm with you there!!! Unless I was worried about it getting damaged or something, I'd never take it off.

1 person likes this

I might take my ring off when cleaning and cooking, but I would definitely wear it out in public. Even though it is a symbol, I just feel like it is important to make it known that I am no longer on the market. But, if it's a big, honkin' rock (which would be really nice ;)), I would always be paranoid that I'm going to knock it against something and lose the diamond! LOL!

:P

1 person likes this

I would love to wear mine all the time and look at it and remember why it's there and get all lovey dovey thinking about how pretty it looks. I agree, Sophie, nothing flashy but something sweet and subtle and personal :wub: ♥♥

3 people like this

I would wear mine all the time (except for when I absolutely had to take it off for certain activities). :)

1 person likes this

Yes, I want to wear it all the time-unless it could get really dirty or damaged doing some chore, etc. :)

2 people like this

It will be on 24/7 unless absolutely necessary and depending on the type of metal I might never take it off lol.

1 person likes this

I already wear two rings, and I basically keep them on all of the time, with the only exceptions being times when I am doing something that would damage them or something I am handling, such as when I have to put on pantyhose. In those circumstances, I string them onto a necklace.

I plan on wearing my wedding ring all of the time too, only taking it off when I have to for medical reasons, such as surgery or the types of scans where you can't wear any metal. In those cases, I will have my husband keep it safe for me, and he can put it back on my finger when it is time to wear it again.

I would wear mine all the time (except for when I absolutely had to take it off for certain activities). :)

Does certain activites include bowling?

Does certain activites include bowling?

Actually, if she's right-handed, then her ring wouldn't get in the way. But if she's left-handed, she would have to move her ring to the right hand while bowling. Hehe ^_^

1 person likes this

Actually, if she's right-handed, then her ring wouldn't get in the way. But if she's left-handed, she would have to move her ring to the right hand while bowling. Hehe ^_^

Well, thank you for that mind-blowing trivia, Miss Kendra!

1 person likes this

Does certain activities include bowling?

Believe it or not, I have never gone bowling. I always planned to, never got around to it though. Yes, I suppose if I went bowling I'd want to protect my ring. But I was also thinking, gardening, certain chores, cooking etc., all the things I'd need my ring off for.

I'm going to be wearing it 99.9999% of the time. I'll even wear gloves to wash the dishes, damnit, I'm not taking it off!!!

I'm hoping the ring is something that is my style - though if he's marrying me, my future husband would know what style I like! Yes, I actually love wearing rings, and so I would wear my wedding ring for my marriage. It might be a different story during pregnancy - your fingers swell up!! - but then I'd wear it on a necklace or something :D

In a word yes. My wedding ring will be staying on as to me it is a sign of my commitment to my wife and her commitment to me, a symbol of our love one that I will proudly wear, for her, for us and for our marriage.

1 person likes this

I would where it all the time aside from when i'm in water for fear of losing it as well as getting dry skin under it from the water just set under it, happened with my purity ring...

1 person likes this