love languages?

29 posts in this topic

I got:

11 Words of Affirmation

5 Quality Time

3 Receiving Gifts

2 Acts of Service

9 Physical Touch

So my highest one was Words of Affirmation: "Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important—hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten."

My second highest one was Physical Touch: "This language isn’t all about the bedroom. A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, holding hands, and thoughtful touches on the arm, shoulder, or face—they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive."

That sounds about right to me!

xxx

I had a really hard time deciding on most of the choices!

This is what it boiled down to:

6 - Words of Affirmation

11 - Quality Time

5 - Receiving Gifts

4 - Acts of Service

4 - Physical Touch

"In Quality Time, nothing says “I love you†like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there—with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby—makes you feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed activities, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful."

Yes WW, it was tough picking answers on more than a few of the questions.

However it just reaffirmed what I sorta know about myself.

9 Words of affirmation

9 Quality time

2 Receiving gifts

4 Acts of Service

6 Physical Touch

Words of Affirmation

"Actions don't always speak louder than words"....

My results are:

6 Words of Affirmation 9 Quality Time 4 Receiving Gifts 7 Acts of Service 4 Physical Touch

This was really neat. I actually have the book here at the house, but I haven't ever really paid attention to it. I'd say it's accurate, especially the quality time far outranking physical touch. Not that I don't like being touched, but I'm not absolutely crazy about it, either. I'd much rather just be in the presence of the one I'm relating to, and touching (I do love holding hands and hugs!) is optional majority of the time. Then acts of service is just sweet and I always appreciate the gesture, no doubt. Then of course, I love words (obviously from the length of most of my posts, here :P) so I always appreciate a sincerely spoken acknowledgment of love or like, or anything that's genuinely spoken from the heart and isn't too mean. I even appreciate the things said in arguments that are a bit harsh, sometimes, because they can help me to grow and relationships are about growth.

Quality Time: In Quality Time, nothing says “I love you†like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there—with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby—makes you feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed activities, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful.

Acts of Service: Can vacuuming the floors really be an expression of love? Absolutely! Anything you do to ease the burden of responsibilities weighing on an “Acts of Service†person will speak volumes. The words he or she most want to hear: “Let me do that for you.†Laziness, broken commitments, and making more work for them tell speakers of this language their feelings don’t matter.

Words of Affirmation: Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,†are important—hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten.

Can I revive this thread? I'm doing it! :P

Profile Scores:

6 Words of Affirmation
10 Quality Time
3 Receiving Gifts
5 Acts of Service
6 Physical Touch

Interesting... Seems Quality Time took the lead!

I definitely find the Words of Affirmation accurate too. Quality time, holding hands, saying "I love you." Perfection. :D

Three way tie!

8 Words of Affirmation

8 Quality Time

4 Receiving Gifts

2 Acts of Service

8 Physical Touch

I had so much fun taking this! Here were my results:

4 Words of Affirmation

11 Quality Time

2 Receiving Gifts

8 Acts of Service

5 Physical Touch

I was actually looking into this a few months ago. I remember my results being different the first time I took it. Words of Confirmation and Quality Time were always my highest but I'm pretty sure Physical Touch scored higher than 2 last time. Maybe I was feeling very touch deprived back then or something

My current results are:

7 Words of Confirmation
9 Quality Time
6 Receiving Gifts
6 Acts of Service
2 Physical Touch

• 6 Words of Affirmation

12 Quality Time

2 Receiving Gifts

8 Acts of Service

2 Physical Touch

Your Scores

• 8 Words of Affirmation

10 Quality Time

0 Receiving Gifts

7 Acts of Service

5 Physical Touch

I was thinking about this today and thought it would be an interesting one to revive and see what some of the new members get. 

My results:

11-Quality Time

10-Physical Touch

5-Words of Affirmation

3-Acts of Service

1-Receiving Gifts

Not too surprising for me. Hugging a loved one or friend can make me feel so much better, and I really value having someone's undivided attention and for them to really listen to me. I don't care much about gifts, and helping me do the dishes or other chores is appreciated but I would much rather have a nice long hug or chat. 
1 person likes this

• 7Words of Affirmation
  • 9Quality Time
  • 1Receiving Gifts
  • 7Acts of Service
  • 6Physical Touch 

ok so this is mine hahahah, i love this cause its soo true, i never like gifts but words and quality time are the best

I finally got around to doing this love language thing!

7 - Words of Affirmation

11 - Quality Time

0 - Recieving Gifts

4 - Acts of Service

8 - Physical Touch

8 Words of Affirmation
8 Quality Time
7 Receiving Gifts
6 Acts of Service
1 Physical Touch

Even though Words of Affirmation and Quality Time are tied, I think Quality Time is more important to me. I can never go a day without spending time with family or friends, I go crazy and get depressed. I also love Receiving Gifts, specifically hand made ones. Those are the ones I keep forever.

• 4 Words of Affirmation

8 Quality Time

3 Receiving Gifts

8 Acts of Service

7 Physical Touch

I haven't taken the test, but I have read the book. My love language is Quality Time. 

1 person likes this

• 5 Words of Affirmation
  • 10 Quality Time
  • 8 Receiving Gifts
  • 6 Acts of Service
  • 1 Physical Touch

I am not surprised that physical touch is so low. being autistic, physical touch can feel like being strangled unless it is with my mom, dad, or...actually, I don't even like my friends hugging me. Hugging is a chore for me. but quality time is important, I love receiving gifts that show that a person really knows what I like and understands me (like my friend makes me beautiful headbands.) 

My results don't really surprise me  ^_^
  • 10 Words of Affirmation
  • 10 Quality Time
  • 0 Receiving Gifts
  • 6 Acts of Service
  • 4 Physical Touch

So I guess it's best if you and your partner share love languages?

My primary love language is physical touch, which baffled me at first, but made perfect sense once I really looked at my life through that lens. My only problem? I come from a non-touchy-feely family, so I rarely ever get any.

8 Words of Affirmation
8 Quality Time
1 Gifts
8 Acts of Service
5 Physical Touch

So I guess it's best if you and your partner share love languages?

Not if your love language is receiving gifts. Then you would go broke. ;)

1 person likes this