Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Ace

letters to your future husband.

21 posts in this topic

Hey girls,

Am I the only one who writes letters to her future husband? They're nothing extravagant (most of the time) but I do write them here and there, and I remember starting to write them when I was in high school. I'm stuck though in a mode of writing now, so I've slacked off a bit. I love handwritten letters, but I also love blogging and the computer is so simple. I posted to the guys & asked them the same when I had the bright idea of writing them through Word and saving them all to a memory stick/flash drive and giving them to him the morning of the wedding as part of a gift. :)

I've always had a passion for words, writing and expressing myself through the written word. It's cathartic for me, and that's what started me on the idea anyways. I pray for him everyday and I don't have a clue who he is, yet. But I have faith that God will bring us together and at just the right time. :)

I used to write him letters like back in highschool but I don't think I have any of them anymore-maybe I should start up again. I think it would be cool to give them to him on our wedding night or something.

I used to write him letters like back in highschool but I don't think I have any of them anymore-maybe I should start up again. I think it would be cool to give them to him on our wedding night or something.

Yeah, I would personally melt into a puddle of love if my (future) husband presented me with letters he wrote for me! How cool and sweet is that? I just love words... So I guess that's another way for me to express my love for him, is through writing. :) I think that if you like the idea, you should do it... If not, then you should find another way to express your love for him. Whatever is meaningful for you.

Inspired largely by you RJ, I went ahead and wrote him a short letter. I've been meaning to write to him for awhile, but I'd forgotten the idea until you reminded me. Thanks! :D

1 person likes this

Inspired largely by you RJ, I went ahead and wrote him a short letter. I've been meaning to write to him for awhile, but I'd forgotten the idea until you reminded me. Thanks! :D

Aww, you're welcome! Happy writing to you :)

Dear Husband:

You better be worth it.

Sincerely, your future wife

Okay, I just made that up on the spot but it rings true. No, I don't write letters to my future husband. Truthfully I never thought about it. Nor do I plan my wedding, or wedding dress...for someone on a WTM site, I am really not very romantic.

5 people like this

For the record...this Knight would dissolve in a puddle of his own armor if his Lady Fair has been writing to him all this time.

7 people like this

Admittedly, I used to but have not kept up with the practice as the years have gone on. I try to find hope after having found the site, but my persistance had faultered. I still have a box with the letters and even little trinkets and momentos I had purchased over the years.

I do write letters to my future husband, and I think that it would be an amazing present on our wedding day, or I could give them to him one by one as we enjoy our life together. I find that writing letters to him helps clarify my thoughts and lift a bit of loneliness away by knowing that one day he will be reading and feeling my thoughts, wishes, struggles, and prayers.

Unfortunately, I cannot put my feelings onto paper and have it still sound ok. It just comes across as cheesy. I've tried. I'm too practical I guess. I have read some of LK's letters to his future wife and RJ's letters to her future husband. They are so sweet. I suppose I will just have to tell him all those wonderful things when he actually gets here. But he needs to get a move on. I'm getting impatient!

2 people like this

Ha! I thought I was the only one doing this! I've done a couple, but I felt lame for writing them so I stopped. Now I want to keep writing them though!

1 person likes this

Or, you can keep a journal and write your frustrations, desires, wants, etc. to show him all the things you put in a bottle just so he can have your everything. You can also put 'ideas' in the journal. Even if you only write in it once a week, just write in it when you feel. You could give it to him when get married, and read it together. Words from the heart will always be understood from your future husband, because he will become the other half of it.

Basically, there is no wrong way of writing these things. The only wrong would be if you had to THINK of what to put just to be putting something.

If any of that made sense. :)

I am writing letters to my future husband. I tell him that I am waiting for him and I write about my life and my struggles. I am not sure when to give it to him though.

Most guys would never think about it unless you learned about it some where. I think it could be a good thing in say it is visualization and focus . Could be a positive thing. Just remember real life usually can't match fairy tails and you're future man wife can never live up to your dreams. Never make it over that herdle but it is like an athlete . That Indian years ago never warmed up. He visualized his jumps and runs while stretching and won gold. A great football player . Better this than picturing a certain guy a planned wedding and how he is gonna act and by you stuff. It will never be good enough and a poor man that can't read your mind who gets treated poorly for loving you. Keep it real you will get a little fairy tale. Appreciate that he loves yoy in his own way . Going off subject but covering the bases . Here is one subject why older people are nicer. Beat down losen up to enjoy a person not force then into your dream . Less fighting and drama just being happy some one loves you . You have to work to pay bills and be easy on the guy. No time for fairy tales. Enjoy the moments you do get and not a life of honey do this. Called slavery .lol. ends in fairy divorce and a suppressed angry spouse. Lol. You never enjoy anything . But I like the letter idea for focus and shaping realistic ideas and positive emoitions . I am just showing you what happens if you get carried away with it. Very destructive . Life is messy . Who looks past that and it doesn't bother you has more fun and good times. Make the best of it . Fix it laugh at it . Letters good other stuff bad. You are human .can you imagine having to live up to a spouses dreams and expectations every day ? You can't and that means one person has to do all the work and answer to there master and hope for approval. Imagine it is you mind reading and worring you're spouse approval. You're life and happyness doesn't matter any more . Gotta bust you're nuts for a person that doesn't even appreciate what you are doing for them. I got experience here. Built a house worked hard all the time. Killed my own health. Still not good enough . House done new drunk moves in.lol. women. Lol.

This is a subject very near and dear to my heart.  I've been writing my future husband for years.  I started with handwritten letters then started typing (I type faster than I write) then almost a year ago I started an online blog dedicated solely to my letters to him.  It helps me to feel connected in some ways to him and to immortalize my thoughts and what is going on in my life for him to read after we are married (or before if he stumbles onto my blog).

2 people like this

I love this idea! So adorable! I've actually never really thought about it, but I really appreciate you posting about this. I'd love to be able to give my future husband this sort of gift. Gave me a new inspiration, thanks so much <3

I actually read an article the other day about a girl writing a letter to her future husband. It was a great article and a really good letter. I actually had never heard about it until I read this article. And I thought to myself...why didn't I ever think of something like that? It's funny how you girls have actually wrote a few. I actually am thinking of writing up my own as well :) But check out this article - http://elitedaily.com/dating/a-letter-to-my-future-husband-from-a-socially-awkward-introvert/ 

Yes, I do write letters to my future husband. I started when I was 19-- about 4 years ago. I rarely wrote, but I've been getting more into writing the letters for about the past year, and have been trying to write at least a few letters a week. I type them and keep them in a special binder. I actually find it very fun to write them! I hope he one day has as much fun reading them as I do writing them.  :)

1 person likes this

That's really romantic and I'd feel very appreciated if my wife had written me letters letting me know she was thinking of me before we met. :wub: It is very difficult to convey emotions in the written forum but, when it comes from the heart and is genuine I think it would be heartfelt even if it wasn't Shakespeare quality.

I've only written one letter to my future wife as I'm pretty bad at expressing emotions too. Seeing this thread has made me want to start up again. I do pray for her every night and mentioned it in my letter. Journals are cool too but, it would be kind of weird to read through all your old crushes and what not. Maybe as a post honeymoon gift or something. :P

It is very difficult to convey emotions in the written forum but, when it comes from the heart and is genuine I think it would be heartfelt even if it wasn't Shakespeare quality.

I've only written one letter to my future wife as I'm pretty bad at expressing emotions too. Seeing this thread has made me want to start up again. I do pray for her every night and mentioned it in my letter. 

The more you write, the easier it becomes and they don't have to be anything terribly long.  Even a sentence or two telling her that you are thinking and praying for her would be appreciated.  The letters can truly be about anything; you could be having a really great day or even a bad day and just want to tell her about it.  You said it above, "when it comes from the heart and is genuine..."  

I would absolutely love it if my future husband had been writing to me all these years.