Guest Rain

What are your views on make up?

37 posts in this topic

I know everyone has a different opinion about make up, hairstyles, clothing, etc. but I'd still like to know what you guys think. I know girls who wear a lot of make up and look good doing it and are naturally pretty as well, and others who are naturally beautiful and don't wear any make up. (Everyone is beautiful in their own way, of course.) My question is, when you fall in love, do you care about the amount of make up she wears? Whether it's a lot, a little, or none. Also, what if she never wore make up, would that bother you? Or what if she always wore make up like every waking moment would that bother you?I hope this is not a weird question, thanks in advance for your answers.

I really don't like make up period. I think it's really unhealthy for the skin to put all those chemical on your face. I am a huge proponent for natural beauty. To me, a woman's natural beauty is perfection because they were created by God. Why would anyone want to cover up perfection wit imperfect, man made products? Many girls say it enhances their beauty but I would have to disagree. I don't it enhances their looks at all and I'd rather have a girl who wears as little as possible.

One thing I really can't stand is nail polish. I've see all sorts of gross colors like brown and yellow. I don't know why, but that stuff makes me sick.

1 person likes this

I really don't like make up period. I think it's really unhealthy for the skin to put all those chemical on your face. I am a huge proponent for natural beauty. To me, a woman's natural beauty is perfection because they were created by God. Why would anyone want to cover up perfection wit imperfect, man made products? Many girls say it enhances their beauty but I would have to disagree. I don't find makeup appealing at all and I'd rather have a girl who wears as little as possible.

One thing I really can't stand is nail polish. I've see all sorts of gross colors like brown and yellow. I don't know why, but that stuff makes me sick.

That's great that you find natural girls to be perfect :) I never knew guys didn't like a lot of make up on girls. Lol, nail polish, I never knew it did that. Thanks for your answer, you've given me a lot to think about. :)

1 person likes this

I think real men prefer little as possible. I wear just a touch sometimes, but that's it. So whenever I wear it, I only wear a little so that it still looks natural.

Edit: I only wear the foundation sometimes, but you can't tell when I do.

I never liked nail polish anyways.

2 people like this

I really don't like make up period. I think it's really unhealthy for the skin to put all those chemical on your face. I am a huge proponent for natural beauty. To me, a woman's natural beauty is perfection because they were created by God. Why would anyone want to cover up perfection wit imperfect, man made products? Many girls say it enhances their beauty but I would have to disagree. I don't find makeup appealing at all and I'd rather have a girl who wears as little as possible.

I agree with you. I used to wear nail polish sometimes back when I was a kid and in my early teens, but I haven't worn any in years. Don't even own any. As for make-up, I have only worn it once (at a Marilyn Manson concert. lol.) And by no make-up, I mean absolutely none at all. No eye-liner, eye-shadow, cover-up...whatever else there is. No matter how bad my acne used to me, I refused to wear that stuff. I am a huge believer in natural beauty. :) I don't even glam myself up by wearing jewelry. I'm a little unusual that way.

I think real men prefer little as possible. I wear just a touch sometimes, but that's it. So whenever I wear it, I only wear a little so that it still looks natural.

Edit: I only wear the foundation sometimes, but you can't tell when I do.

I never liked nail polish anyways.

That's great :) Embrace your natural beauty :P Thank you for your answer :)

I agree with you. I used to wear nail polish sometimes back when I was a kid and in my early teens, but I haven't worn any in years. Don't even own any. As for make-up, I have only worn it once (at a Marilyn Manson concert. lol.) And by no make-up, I mean absolutely none at all. No eye-liner, eye-shadow, cover-up...whatever else there is. No matter how bad my acne used to me, I refused to wear that stuff. I am a huge believer in natural beauty. :) I don't even glam myself up by wearing jewelry. I'm a little unusual that way.

Me too, I wore nail polish a lot when I was younger, but I don't anymore. You got to go to a Marilyn Manson concert? :o Lucky, I wish I did, I love him. I agree about jewelry also, I used to love wearing a lot of different earring, etc., but now it's been years since I wore any. Another natural beauty, I see, good for you :) Thanks for your answer :)

Make-up can be overdone, but a woman that takes time to fix herself up (makeup included) is a supreme plus to me. I think it makes a lot of women feel prettier too, and that's important.

It's like a man's necktie, though. When you think about it, it's a bit absurd, but it's considered fashionable and it does seem to look good, but they're not always comfortable, and you don't wear one all the time. A guy can look good in one, but you don't expect him to wear one before he looks good.

3 people like this

Me too, I wore nail polish a lot when I was younger, but I don't anymore. You got to go to a Marilyn Manson concert? :o Lucky, I wish I did, I love him. I agree about jewelry also, I used to love wearing a lot of different earring, etc., but now it's been years since I wore any. Another natural beauty, I see, good for you :) Thanks for your answer :)

Yeah, I was a die-hard fan of his when I was 13-15. lol. He came to my city so I made my parents buy me and my friend tickets. Yep, natural beauty! I am kind of obsessed with the idea of natural beauty. I think it helps show your inner beauty as well.

I like it when girls look natural too. A little bit of makeup is OK, but I prefer none at all. Wearing too much is an almost instant turn-off for me.

1 person likes this

Make-up can be overdone, but a woman that takes time to fix herself up (makeup included) is a supreme plus to me. I think it makes a lot of women feel prettier too, and that's important.

It's like a man's necktie, though. When you think about it, it's a bit absurd, but it's considered fashionable and it does seem to look good, but they're not always comfortable, and you don't wear one all the time. A guy can look good in one, but you don't expect him to wear one before he looks good.

I see, good point. I do know some people who feel uncomfortable without make up, but not in a good way, they're insecure and don't realize how pretty they are. But yes, I guess some do it to look put together or something. I liked your example about the necktie for guys, thank you for your answer :)

Yeah, I was a die-hard fan of his when I was 13-15. lol. He came to my city so I made my parents buy me and my friend tickets. Yep, natural beauty! I am kind of obsessed with the idea of natural beauty. I think it helps show your inner beauty as well.

Omg it was the same for me at the exact age it started too. I bet it was awesome, I wish I could go. He once came to my city and I begged my parents to let me go, but they said I was too young to go and that it was starting/ending too late for me to be out. I love that, I have a lot of respect for girls who embrace their natural beauty, I also look up to them. I was bullied as a child, so in my teen years I felt the need to wear a lot of make up for a few years just to feel pretty, or good enough. I then started realizing that make up did nothing and I still felt the same, so I stopped wearing it all together. I only wear it on rare occasions now like parties/weddings,etc., but I like the natural look. After all those years I either only wear a bit of mascara and lip gloss, or no make up at all. I know someday I'll be comfortable enough to never feel the need to wear make up again, I just hope it's soon, I want to be natural and the person who I'm with to love the natural me.

I like it when girls look natural too. A little bit of makeup is OK, but I prefer none at all. Wearing too much is an almost instant turn-off for me.

Yay more people like the natural look. Thank you for your answer :)

I am one of those who wear makeup. In the past years, I've only done eye make up such as shadow, liners, and mascaras and lip gloss. I've recently wanted to start trying foundations and lip stains. I know I'm pretty. I don't wear makeup to cover any flaws that I may have or think that it is going to give me beauty that I otherwise would not possess. In my eyes, makeup is another form of accessory. It's like earrings, a necklace, or a pretty hair clip. I don't wear it all the time just like I don't always feel like wearing a bracelet or ring. I put it on when I feel like it. One week I may not wear any at all, but the next week I may feel like wearing it almost every day. It all depends on my mood.

2 people like this

I am one of those who wear makeup. In the past years, I've only done eye make up such as shadow, liners, and mascaras and lip gloss. I've recently wanted to start trying foundations and lip stains. I know I'm pretty. I don't wear makeup to cover any flaws that I may have or think that it is going to give me beauty that I otherwise would not possess. In my eyes, makeup is another form of accessory. It's like earrings, a necklace, or a pretty hair clip. I don't wear it all the time just like I don't always feel like wearing a bracelet or ring. I put it on when I feel like it. One week I may not wear any at all, but the next week I may feel like wearing it almost every day. It all depends on my mood.

Oh I think there's been a misunderstanding here, if you read my replies here, what I said was the people that I know are the ones who are insecure, I was talking about those specific few people that I know, not anyone else. I know you're beautiful, I can see it in your profile picture :) What the discussion here was intended to do, was to get views from all sides. I like make up too, just not for myself right now, for reasons listed I listed above. Yes pretty women (like yourself) look gorgeous with and without make up, no doubt. What I was trying to say was that there are may reasons for people to wear it, and you've given me yours and that's great. I know a lot of people who wear it for those very reasons, even the people I'm related to. I have a lot of respect for women who wear make up too, because they manage to look good with and without it, like yourself. I just wanted to know everyone's opinion on it.

1 person likes this

Oh I think there's been a misunderstanding here, if you read my replies here, what I said was the people that I know are the ones who are insecure, I was talking about those specific few people that I know, not anyone else. I know you're beautiful, I can see it in your profile picture :) What the discussion here was intended to do, was to get views from all sides. I like make up too, just not for myself right now, for reasons listed I listed above. Yes pretty women (like yourself) look gorgeous with and without make up, no doubt. What I was trying to say was that there are may reasons for people to wear it, and you've given me yours and that's great. I know a lot of people who wear it for those very reasons, even the people I'm related to. I have a lot of respect for women who wear make up too, because they manage to look good with and without it, like yourself. I just wanted to know everyone's opinion on it.

I understand what you're saying. I didn't mean to sound upset or offended in my response.

I understand what you're saying. I didn't mean to sound upset or offended in my response.

I just hope I didn't offend/upset you, because that was not my intention at all. :)

1 person likes this

So long as the object of my affection is hygenic, I really don't care about makeup. If she feels the need to wear some, then I certainly wouldn't get in the way. But if she doesn't feel like wearing makeup, I can't imagine wanting her to. Generally, too little makeup is preferable to too much.

Of course, as a guy, I can say that the worst aspect of entering a relationship with a woman that always wears makeup is that they tend to expect you to always wear your A-game as well. Which is way too much of a hassle for me. Come Sunday afternoon, I'm usually pretty committed to lurking around the house in flip flops and my mustard-stained Pink Floyd shirt.

Agree 100%. Like you say, it can be overdone but a girl who gets all doll'd up now and then and looks great, feels great, etc is very attractive. Can no make up be attractive as well? Of course! There's a time and a place for everything...a girl who doesn't feel the need to wear make up every waking second is also very attractive.

I think it's similar with guys. I like getting really dressed up now and then but I'm not gonna do it every day

2 people like this

So long as the object of my affection is hygenic, I really don't care about makeup. If she feels the need to wear some, then I certainly wouldn't get in the way. But if she doesn't feel like wearing makeup, I can't imagine wanting her to. Generally, too little makeup is preferable to too much.

Of course, as a guy, I can say that the worst aspect of entering a relationship with a woman that always wears makeup is that they tend to expect you to always wear your A-game as well. Which is way too much of a hassle for me. Come Sunday afternoon, I'm usually pretty committed to lurking around the house in flip flops and my mustard-stained Pink Floyd shirt.

Not every girl who wears a lot of make up expects the guy to be all dressed up all the time. I know for a fact, because most of the women I know wear a lot of make up and they definitely don't put any pressure on the guys they're dating. I feel like if a woman wears a lot of make up and still manages to be chill, etc., she is really awesome. I know girls who wear a ton of make up but are always on time for everything, and are amazing people. I myself love wearing make up every now and then, just not so much recently.

i am so glad to fins people that think like I do about the whole make up thing. I rarely wear it

I think we have another natural beauty :)

Agree 100%. Like you say, it can be overdone but a girl who gets all doll'd up now and then and looks great, feels great, etc is very attractive. Can no make up be attractive as well? Of course! There's a time and a place for everything...a girl who doesn't feel the need to wear make up every waking second is also very attractive.

I think it's similar with guys. I like getting really dressed up now and then but I'm not gonna do it every day

I love the way you think, there's a time and place for everything :)

1 person likes this

Wow haha. Yeah I wear concealer and I do some CRAZY eyeshadow almost daily, fill in my eyebrows and use mascara and rouge and all that... I know you cant really see it because I cant post a pic but I'm not kidding I've gotten probably 100 compliments over the years haha most of the time from girls sometimes guys...people are like "howd you learn to do that? Are you a makeup artist?" But then I'll also have the occasional "Why do you wear so much makeup?" from a guy. Ive only gotten like one compliment from a guy when I didn't have any makeup and he said something like, "I like your personality there's not a lot of people like you anymore that are down to earth and easygoing and innocent" or something like that. But anyway I feel like it gives me individuality and this last week I had a girl friend of mine on Facebook saying I looked good without makeup so why did I wear so much? I kind of started to rethink my whole makeup routine. But I never really had anything special about me in high school when I was all nerdified and I guess I feel like it's an exp<b></b>ression of me as a person and I feel like its rude when people ask why I wear so much because I don't go around asking people why they dress a certain way or something, or have so many tattoos you know? Maybe because I feel like I use it as a comfort blanket for confidence so I feel like its really close to my heart.

But I DO see girls where I don't think the makeup adds to their beauty. Sometimes eyeliner just is not in the right interest of the person and it's like Whoah I think you need a professional...hahaha. But yeah I think some women look better with makeup some without...but as far as Gods natural beauty I think he also gives us tools to look pretty and smell pretty (straighteners...body spray/perfume...jewelry) and so I think it all depends on the person. I will leave with this one quote I actually heard at a girls bible study I used to attend, the lesson was on inner beauty.

"If the barn needs painting, paint it." haha

3 people like this

I think the only make up I've ever worn was camo face paints so that definately hid my natural beauty :P

I'm not fussed either way to be honest if a gf wants to wear make up then that's her choice I'm going to love her exactly as she is for who she is she will always be beautiful to me (as long as shes not ugly inside ie rude disrespectful etc... That isn't pretty and to be honest would really put me off of her)

1 person likes this