Guest markb4

WTM to Kiss?

73 posts in this topic

I think theres needs to be somethibg special between two people and that way you can telk if you have chemistry or not.

I completely agree. Chemistry is a very important thing to have. It doesn't mean having sex, but I definitely think that kissing is important because how else will you know if the chemistry is right and if you like the chemistry or not? I think there needs to be at least some physical contact in a relationship. Otherwise you really are just friends (in my opinion.) But I have heard a story of a guy who waited until marriage before having his first kiss, which I respect. Now that is self-control.

1 person likes this

Think we've talked about this before, about the Waiting to Kiss movement or something like that. I've kissed, not a lot of girls though... not to say that the # of ppl a person kisses is any reason to judge.

Yeah, the earlier post that you're referring to focused more on what your opinions were on waiting until marriage to kiss. The focus of this post is just to see if anyone else besides me is waiting/hasn't kissed yet.

ahem kinda can't wait for my first kiss but I can try and hold off for the wedding day but I love kissing I think it's so romantic when it's with that special someone♥

*raises hand*

I don't know if I'm going to wait until marriage for it. I guess I could...

It's just a matter of what point I feel comfortable doing it. If I'm not comfortable enough to kiss until marriage that's what it will be.

Yay for resurrecting old threads! lol. I just thought this was a really good topic.

You know, now that I'm actually thinking about it, I am actually considering WTM to kiss. If you were to ask me this question 5 years ago, I would have said "hell no!!!" Back then, if there was a girl who was willing to kiss me, I would have taken it out of fear I would never get a chance to kiss a girl. But now that I'm older, all this waiting around for that chance has really taught me what really matters. See, I'm 27 and I am as virgin as you can get. That means never kissed or even held hands in a romantic way. I think the older I get, the more special a first kiss would be for me because someone who's never been kissed is almost unheard of at my age. I also think as I get older, my first kiss would probably become more and more emotionally charged because of how long I've waited for it. Because of that, I don't want to stake something that would be so powerful for me to someone who didn't become my wife. I have waited this long for sex and I'll probably have to wait much longer, I might as well wait for my first kiss as well so I can give myself completely to my future wife. My hope is that even if it doesn't turn out amazing, it wouldn't matter because just knowing that I saved everything from my kiss to my virginity for my wife would overcome any awkwardness.

4 people like this

Hey All,

I've been reading up online about this so-called "Virgin Lip Movement", in which people not only wait until marriage for sexual relations, but also waiting until marriage to kiss. Just wanted to know what you all think of that. Personally, I find that a very noble thing and admire the people who practice that.

I've known a few pople who have done this. It's their choice and everything, more power to them. But personally it sounds like the lamest thing ever. You have all this pressure on your wedding day, and you want your first, awkward kiss to be in front of 100+ people?

My girl described this perfectly to me why it's a bad idea:

Would you really want to add another scary thing to your first night married?

6 people like this

It would be cool to have the first kiss at the wedding, and I could actually see myself as being someone that WTM to kiss, but even if i didn't, i feel like all areas of physical contact (not just sex which is for marriage) should be special and not rushed into in a relationship.

1 person likes this

My roommate and I were talking about this the other day. Her point (she is WTM) was that you dont want to have your first kuss and first time making love on the same day/night. She was like how is the first time (for sex) gonna go if you don't even know how to kiss?!? She thought of you waited to kiss, that would be the wedding day, the next day more and the next finally all the way. I still wouldnt like staggering things like that. Just my personal opinion.

3 people like this

My girl described this perfectly to me why it's a bad idea:

Would you really want to add another scary thing to your first night married?

More power to people who wtm to kiss...but I couldn't do it. And that's a great point Aussie...I just think going from first ever kiss to sex would make for one heck of an awkward, nerve wracking evening...but maybe not..idk. And the whole first kiss in front of everyone you know thing would be quite nerve wracking as well! But with that said I do admire people who wait to kiss I just see it as unnecessary at least for me.

1 person likes this

Haha Sally you posted that as I was writing my very similar response crazay! Lol

Are you really surprised they're so similar ? :P

1 person likes this

I would find it difficult. I admit I'm an affectionate guy, who likes to be affectionate :lol: . However, more power to the ones who want to wait to kiss on their wedding day. I think that's awesome.

I don't feel strongly either way.

That said, like I've said before, women who do wait until the wedding for their first kiss are very nice indeed.

I've known a few pople who have done this. It's their choice and everything, more power to them. But personally it sounds like the lamest thing ever. You have all this pressure on your wedding day, and you want your first, awkward kiss to be in front of 100+ people?

Not all people kiss in public on the wedding days. Many cultures consider kissing a private thing between a husband and wife and not for the world to see.

I wouldn't WTM to kiss unless the guy I was dating wanted to. I think kissing is a great, harmless way to see whether or not you have really great chemistry together.

I agree that it is a very empowering thing, wtm to kiss, and i have A LOT of respect for people who do that, but personally, i cant wait to have my first kiss! so i dont think i would be able to hold out until im married. But im kind of waiting to 'make out' or french kiss until i get married, because i know that some things lead to other things, it can created temptations. But im definately waiting to kiss when im in a loving, committed relationship. I could never just kiss a total stranger.

But then again if my partner, the love of my life, wanted to wait to kiss on their wedding day, i would, because i would do anything for them.

1 person likes this

I'm actually waiting until I have a boyfriend before kissing him.

I had a few changes to kiss this guy a few months back, but I stuck to my "No lip-kissing until bf/gf" rule, and it saved me my frist kiss. It was VERY hard not to kiss him, but I never did. Now, i'm very proud that I stil have my first kiss to give. http://forums.waitingtillmarriage.org/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/smile.png

2 people like this

Not waiting for first kiss, but I respect those who do. They are more serious about finding that someone special, and are not just throwing themselves around to any guy/gal that gives them attention...

I've been thinking about waiting from now, and not kiss a guy until we are married. It will be tough but I don't hate the idea

Not waiting. I've kissed a lot of girls. I think it's important to kiss before marriage because you need to see if the person you kiss is just as affectionate as you are; in other words -- I can tell how good we're going to be together (compatable) in the sack by how she kisses.