#1 markb4

markb4

GRAND POOHBAH COLONEL CAPTAIN SIR MR. FORUM ADMIN EXTRAORDINAIRE

• Administrators
  • 2,272 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:26 PM

Hey All,
I've been reading up online about this so-called "Virgin Lip Movement", in which people not only wait until marriage for sexual relations, but also waiting until marriage to kiss. Just wanted to know what you all think of that. Personally, I find that a very noble thing and admire the people who practice that.

#2 Sally

Sally

Girls Moderator

• Administrators
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

I could never do that. I want to be affectionate---so if you WTM to kiss, then you can only hug and cuddle? Maybe a back rub? Kissing is important to me, makes me closer to a guy and is a great way to show you care---even just a simmple peck on the cheek ;) It makes me feel like he is attracted to me and cares about me. Like if you're upset or stressed about something it's nice to get a hug and a kiss :)

#3 Sally

Sally

Girls Moderator

• Administrators
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:30 PM

*feel closer

#4 Bethe

Bethe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:59 PM

Hmm, that's interesting. It' not for me, for many of the reasons Sally listed, but if it's your thing more power to you.

#5 Claire

Claire

Star Columnist

• Moderators
  • 209 posts
  • LocationPacific NW

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

I have heard of this too. While it's not particularly something I'd choose to do, if I were building a relationship with a guy who was pursuing this standard, I'd find it admirable and be willing to match him at it. It just doesn't hold quite the same philosophy for me. Not all kisses are exclusive-- we might kiss other family members or small children in addition to our spouses. (I like to kiss my dog on the nose :P ) I could identify more with withholding strong, passionate kisses that are meant to arouse, but much less with pecks on the cheek.

But all in all, I would certainly admire and respect anyone pursuing this.
I should write a column about that.

#6 Olivier

Olivier

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 663 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 02:39 PM

I think it's very noble. MTV, a while back, actually had a True Life: We're not living together before we marry (or something like that). One of the couples was actually waiting till marriage to kiss.

If i met a girl that wanted to do that, I would wait to kiss I guess. It would be super difficult, but I would do it.

#7 FlowerBee

FlowerBee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 September 2011 - 11:39 PM

Um, I mean, it's definitely noble, and in a perfect world, I'd definitely do it, but... no, I just can't. I suppose you can blame part of Hollywood and romantic princess tales in general for making me not want to wait for my first kiss. :lol: Tales of love have been entering my mind since I was born, so it's kind of hard to imagine my first kiss being at the aisle. Although, it would sure be nice if my husband ends up being the first person I kiss. That probably won't happen, but a girl can dream though. *sighs* Now I'm a bit depressed. I'm 17 and still haven't had my first kiss yet. In this day and age, isn't that like a new record or something? :P Nah, I'm fine. Just, sometimes I wish I had someone to kiss or even hug. :unsure:
"Look at the stars. Look how they shine for you. And everything you do." - Coldplay

#8 Sally

Sally

Girls Moderator

• Administrators
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:27 AM

Flowerbee---even in a perfect world, I wouldn't wanna wait until I'm married to kiss. In a perfect world, there would be no temptation to have sex before marriage <_< But, of course it's really difficult. I was 18 when I had my first kiss, so no worries--first bf at 17. We were each others first and I really liked him so while it wasn't the best kiss I've ever had it definitly was meaningful.

#9 FlowerBee

FlowerBee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

Thanks for cheering me up Sally. It probably is better to wait for someone special anyway. I suppose waiting for my first kiss is similar to waiting till marriage in that respect. Sometimes it feels like I'm waiting until marriage to kiss, actually! :lol: I've been waiting for the 'perfect' first kisser for what feels like an eternity. lol
"Look at the stars. Look how they shine for you. And everything you do." - Coldplay

#10 Andrea

Andrea

Her Majesty the Miss

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Locationmissouri, United States of America

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:18 PM

no worry's i had my first kiss out of peer presser and curiosity and felt discussed for days and broke up with the guy. i realized i didn't really like him even if he was a football playeri just wanted to be like everyone els
___Andi

#11 Anna

Anna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:13 PM

I think it is a really strong thing to do but I definitely couldn't do it. I agree completely with Sally but also I think kissing is really important to find out whether you have any chemistry and if you're right for each other.
I was dating a guy who seemed to be perfect for me, we kissed in the most romantic setting, it couldn't have been more beautiful and there was absolutely no spark. My heart didn't race, I didn't get excited about it it was just boring. It instantly told me that this wasn't going to work because we had no physical chemistry and after some trying the relationship didn't work out. The next guy I was with our first kiss felt really romantic and my heart fluttered and it was just great. Kissing can tell you a lot about the relationship, I couldn't wait until marriage for it.

Flowerbee, don't worry I saved my first kiss for a special moment that I would remember and with a guy that I really liked. Some of my friends are nearly 19 and they have never had a boyfriend or kissed a guy so don't worry, there is no rush! When it's right it will happen!

#12 StephieSweety84

StephieSweety84

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationDayton Ohio

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:13 PM

Hey All,
I've been reading up online about this so-called "Virgin Lip Movement", in which people not only wait until marriage for sexual relations, but also waiting until marriage to kiss. Just wanted to know what you all think of that. Personally, I find that a very noble thing and admire the people who practice that.

I love to kiss. It makes feel close to the special person but, I don't go beyond that. There is nothing wrong with kissing before marriage
If you can accept me great, if not then please feel free to forget me because I won't remember you

#13 Englishguy1988

Englishguy1988

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationDevon, England

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

I was almost 19 (a few months off) when I first kissed someone, but for me personally I have to be in a relationship first because to me a kiss is an expression of love so because of this I have only ever kissed 2 people.

I'm still undecided yet but I'm leaning towards no kissing with tongues until I'm married as that to me at least is quite a sexual thing and I don't want the temptation!

-Aaron

#14 Sally

Sally

Girls Moderator

• Administrators
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

Wow! you sound really determined---taht is great! I just like being able to say "kissing" and mean any kind of kissing----I really like what someone on here said before-be very enthusiatic until your boundary/line (which you have already been up front about) Then start slowing down and stopping there.

#15 Englishguy1988

Englishguy1988

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationDevon, England

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

Yes that is very well put, I like it.

For me I would be comfortable (once I am dating a girlfriend), to kiss her on the lips (no tongues), kiss her on the cheek, kiss her forehead and hand but nowhere too intimate or that might make the situation head in that direction ieno tongues, kissing her neck that sort of thing.

#16 Sally

Sally

Girls Moderator

• Administrators
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

Oooh okay. So it sounds like you want to cahnge things physically in a relationship a lot than in the past ?

#17 Jegsy Scarr

Jegsy Scarr

Resident Catholic

• Administrators
  • 1,354 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:37 AM

Hey!

I'm not WTM to kiss. I may consider no kissing-with-tongues till marriage, but I don't know. I'll just have to wait and see what happens when I get a boyfriend!

If I was going out with someone who was WTM to kiss, that'd be fine. I wouldn't mind waiting if I really loved him, I think.

xxx

Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind,
And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
-"A Midsummer Night's Dream"

#18 Englishguy1988

Englishguy1988

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationDevon, England

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:00 AM

I agree with you jegsy if I was dating someone and they wanted to wait then I would wait for them.

Yes I think so sally, I think to me because I have always dated people who were only intrested in me for one reason that avoiding temptations and avoiding thislngs that are kind of sexual or have sexual undertones especially if the person I'm dating is not waiting is important to me because I want the little things like sweet kisses, holding hands, cuddleing etc to be important in a relationship as I have never had that kind of love and intimacy even though that's all inhabe ever wanted.

To be honest I would to as far to say I have never really been in love, just really scared of losing someone who pretends to care about me so I will sleep with them, at least that's what is has always felt like t me so that's why love and non sexual thing are so special to me and why I want sex to be special ie wait until I'm married because marriage is more important I me that sex if that makes sense?

-Aaron

#19 Sally

Sally

Girls Moderator

• Administrators
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

It totallllly makes sense!!! LOL, remember who you're talking to ?? Haha, I'm a virgin, but I still value those things, because I see other people having relationships like what you describe in your past, but they dont seem fufilling. (Like you've said) My marriage to me is much more important thatn when I lose my virginity, etc.

#20 Englishguy1988

Englishguy1988

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationDevon, England

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

I agree marriage is the most important thing to me (other than the person I marry and our children of course!) because I hate divorce and I never ever want to be divorced so I want to ensure I have a strong, loving and romantic marriage so that it lasts and so that it will be a great environent for raising children in. (and because I will be compleatly and utterly, head over heels in love with my wife)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users