Keisha

"I don't want to have any children".

12 posts in this topic

I know that a lot of people feel this way, but alot of them don't. I've heard of people getting divorces before because one person wanted kids and the other one didn't. I would hate for something like this to cause a problem in my marriage. I want children and if my husband didn't want them I would be devastated.

I personally think that things like this should be discussed before the couple is engaged, really after the first few dates. This would avoid issues down the road.

What would you do if your husband/wife wanted children and you didn't or vice versa?

I would personally focus on marrying the person as I think opinions on subjects like having children could change in time. A person might not want kids now, but given the right circumstances or vice versa. Plus, I would want someone who was willing to compromise on issues that were very important to me and I would be willing to do the same with them.

I would like kids but I would not care if the person that I ended up marrying did or did not. We would both decide when we were married what was best and agree on what the compromise should be. Obviously having such commonalities makes things easier but I do not think it would be a issue if both are willing to discuss, listen to each others point of view and agree what is best for both of parties.

2 people like this

I think that's something so critical to a life plan that it would come up pretty early, by chance or design. Further, if the woman I find is bent on obeying God, then it makes sense we will want to have a family and bring up godly children.

5 people like this

I want kids. I really do. If he didn't, then, well, I don't know what I'd do.

Sometimes men say that because they've never met a woman they wanted a family with. Sometimes men say that because they truly don't want a child. But all in all, if he loves me, and if he understands how much having a child means to me, then I'd hope for him to change his mind...after all, people change, minds change.

1 person likes this

Wanting children is something I do not want to compromise on. Having kids is very big to me, and if we are not physically capable of having our own, I would want to adopt. I don't think I would take the chance of marrying a man on the hope that he changes his mind, I think it would just cause too many fights and strain the marriage.

For others I can understand being OK with either if you aren't set on having children, but for me I can't see it working.

1 person likes this

I don't think I would take the chance of marrying a man on the hope that he changes his mind, I think it would just cause too many fights and strain the marriage.

Me neither. Marriage is out of the question if he truly believes he does not want children. But that said, I don't think I'm going to limit who I date on the basis of him wanting children or not because people do change their minds.

I want kids. I really do. If he didn't, then, well, I don't know what I'd do.

Sometimes men say that because they've never met a woman they wanted a family with. Sometimes men say that because they truly don't want a child. But all in all, if he loves me, and if he understands how much having a child means to me, then I'd hope for him to change his mind...after all, people change, minds change.

I don't know what kind of men you've talked to, but I for one can't wait to have kids! lol. I couldn't be with a woman who didn't want kids in some form whether if they are biological or adopted. To me, the ability to have children is a gift and I think everyone who is capable of supporting kids should at least consider having them.

Having children is absolutely a discussion to be had before getting married, or even engaged. I know I will most likely want children (at least 2,) so I am hoping to find a guy who really loves and wants kids.

I am 100% certain I want kids, I have known I wanted children since I was 8 so I would not marry someone who didn't want kids, if we can't have kids then I want to adopt because I honestly cannot see my life without kids

1 person likes this

If a man didn't want to have children, it'd be a deal breaker.

1 person likes this

I Personally dont want children, we see how this world is turning disgusting everyday. Imagine it when your child is your age? I dont want the responsibility for leaving a life in this world on my shoulders. Best compromise I would have is to adopt because that child would allready exist. I think i would be a terrible father though, i want to travel alot and spend my time and money trying to impact the world.

I would personally focus on marrying the person as I think opinions on subjects like having children could change in time. A person might not want kids now, but given the right circumstances or vice versa. Plus, I would want someone who was willing to compromise on issues that were very important to me and I would be willing to do the same with them.

I would like kids but I would not care if the person that I ended up marrying did or did not. We would both decide when we were married what was best and agree on what the compromise should be. Obviously having such commonalities makes things easier but I do not think it would be a issue if both are willing to discuss, listen to each others point of view and agree what is best for both of parties.

I totally agree with Nick

Currently, I’ve been examining whether or not I want children myself. I’ve went back and forth, and have come to realize it all depends (on a lot of things). I don’t think I would find myself in the predicament illustrated because this will definitely be discussed as the relationship progresses. It takes to two to make a child, and if it isn’t discussed one could have a great deal of resentment towards the other when things don’t go the way they expected. Furthermore, the discussion must go in depth about the circumstances that effect your decision and how you are willing to compromise.