Sophie

Who is your favourite fictional character?

34 posts in this topic

My favourite female fictional character is Melinda Gordon from Ghost Whisperer (a TV show which was tragically cancelled after the sixth season.) I can't pick a favourite male fictional character right now but Richard Castle from Castle is definitely at the top of my list.

Severus Snape from the Harry Potter series! He's one of the most complex and multi-layered character I've seen. A flawed and tragic hero who sacrificed everything and remained faithful to the woman he loved, even after her death.

3 people like this

Well, I think most people here can probably guess who my favourite is...Erik, the Phantom of the Opera! He's a very complicated character. A lot of the time he's arrogant, conceited, temperamental, violent, selfish, sadistic...But he can also be loving, sensitive, romantic, and in the end, he sacrifices his happiness (and ultimately his life) for the woman he loves. She's in love with another man, and despite the pain it causes him, he lets her go, telling her to marry the one she loves instead. Then, he goes to see his one and only friend (who isn't really a friend, just the only person he knows who doesn't hate him), and tells him that he's dying, but he doesn't care, because the woman he loved kissed his forehead, and he's the happiest man in the world because of it. And then he does die, a few weeks later, of a broken heart. It's a really beautiful story about doing anything for the one you love, despite the pain it causes you.

xxx

5 people like this

I do like many of the characters from a song of ice and fire but my favourite has to be Tyrion Lannister by far (played perfectly by Peter Dinklage in TV series Game of Thrones). He has nearly everything a person could want, yet because he is born a dwarf he cannot have any of it. Blamed for his mothers death (during child birth) by his sister and father. Fell in love and married a commoner; only to be tricked into believing that she was paid to marry him by his beloved brother (and also to have her humiliated in such a way - was purposely brief as those who have read it will know the details). Fell in love with Shae only to have her aid his sister in sentencing him to death and then during his escape find that she is sleeping with his father. Intelligent, cunning and devious but at the same time compassionate and loving - the perfect but unlikely anti-hero.

The Lady in the Radiator from Eraserhead.

Everyone has their own Lady in the Radiator that they listen to when things seem bleak.

I don't know about an utmost favorite, but Hercule Poirot ranks extremely high, as indicated by my profile pic.

1 person likes this

I don't know about an utmost favorite, but Hercule Poirot ranks extremely high, as indicated by my profile pic.

He is the famous detective in the Agatha Christie novels (I think). Nice...

I don't know if I have favorite, but if I had to choose right now I would pick Sherlock Holmes.

Lol, I've only JUST noticed Poirot in your profile pic...and I'm a big fan of the series *facepalm*

I personally like characters who have a way with words and are persuasive, or who just say what is on their mind like Dr House and the BBC Sherlock Holmes. It's pretty hard for me to choose a favourite though...

He is the famous detective in the Agatha Christie novels (I think). Nice...

Yes, you're correct :) !

Lol, I've only JUST noticed Poirot in your profile pic...and I'm a big fan of the series *facepalm*

Lol, I love the series as well. They're finishing up the last season this year with David Suchet filming the last 4 stories. Can't wait for "Curtain".

1 person likes this

Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte... he's got such force of character. He is intelligent, broody and fierce but has this font of passion and desire for tenderness that makes you love him. His fiery passion and violent moods makes him a very compelling read. He's probably not that much of a role model but his strong desire for redemption wins you over.

I was going to say Mr Darcy from Pride and Prejudice but he's a bit insipid in comparison to Mr. Rochester.

2 people like this

Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte... he's got such force of character. He is intelligent, broody and fierce but has this font of passion and desire for tenderness that makes you love him. His fiery passion and violent moods makes him a very compelling read. He's probably not that much of a role model but his strong desire for redemption wins you over.

I love Mr. Rochester. Jane Eyre is my favourite classic novel. I don't know who my all-time favourite fictional character is....hmmmmm

1 person likes this

Mmm, favorite character from a book is probably Nynaeve al'Meara from the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.

She is super stubborn but will fight for her desires and is a very strong-willed character.

Favorite character from a tv show is Dean Winchester from Supernatural :)

Don't have a favorite, I just like characters I can relate to. - but yay for other people who read Robert Jordan and Game of Thrones - ohh wait you were talking about the TV show - Have you ever read the books Nick?

I'm a diehard fantasy reader - although I've been slacking of late.

I have read all the books and cannot wait until the next book is written (I want to know what has happened to Jon Snow) but I cannot imagine George Martin finishing it any time soon. I do enjoy fantasy literature but like you I have been slacking lately - I have been reading academic papers on social entrepreneurship which is interesting but has nothing on the likes of Terry Brooks, Neil Gainman, Terry Prachett, David Eddings to name only a few of the many.

The Doctor, Star Trek Voyager. Yeah.... I went there. LOL

Heheheh good one Stabler :) beam me up Scottie :P you a trekkie fan?

I don't have a favourite fictional character.. but characters that came to mind is Batman, Aragon of LOTR

I like the movie Jacob better...he is SO much nicer. After I reread the books I was like...dang he's so mean-the movie made him nicer. Anyways my favorites are:

Edward Cullen,Alice Cullen, Bella Swan, and Carlisle And Emmett. (Emmet is HILARIOUS) if I had to choose one girl and boy it'd be... BellaAliceSwanCullen and Edcarlislemmetcullen

I think this is an impossible question to answer!

However, I will go with one that I seem to be thinking a lot about lately though. Sam Winchester. Not only is he handsome but his character is soo multi-dimensional and he has had to be so many things. Also, he has this reoccurring theme of sacrifice which is pretty amazing since that's rare to find in most people. Sometimes his sacrifices can be taken to far but that only helps to make his character more interesting. :)

Eliza Thornberry (She can talk to animals. Main character from "The Wild Thornberries" 

Weapon X (A persona my favorite NFL player took on when he was playing)

Jimmy Neutron (Little genious with a big head)

Bob (Bob is a sponge. He wears square pants. He is none other than Spongebob Squarepants)

1 person likes this

I like the movie Jacob better...he is SO much nicer. After I reread the books I was like...dang he's so mean-the movie made him nicer. Anyways my favorites are:

Edward Cullen,Alice Cullen, Bella Swan, and Carlisle And Emmett. (Emmet is HILARIOUS) if I had to choose one girl and boy it'd be... BellaAliceSwanCullen and Edcarlislemmetcullen

I have a thing for guys with long black hair :]