Mike

VOTE: New Favicon! (Part 2)

New Favicon (part 2)   17 members have voted

1. 1. Which favicon design do you like better?

• Single ring, no background (our current favicon)
    • Dual rings, blue square (version 2)
    • I hate them both.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 posts in this topic

In our initial poll there was a tie between our current favicon (single ring, no background) and a squared version with dual rings. That square concept wasn't quite fully baked. So in an effort to break the tie, I've made a new, better attempt at the square/dual ring concept.

Here are both the current favicon and my new & improved attempt the squared dual ring concept.

Let me know which one you like better!

favicon-ab-v2.png

Note: I'm trying to give us a little more consistent branding, and I think it would help to have a favicon that is visually married (heh) to the most prominent graphic on the site (our logo), but that only makes sense if I can create a dual ring version that people like as much (or more) as the single ring we have now.

Be brutal with your feedback!

I'm still a fan of the single ring. Although the dual rings is a cool idea, i'm just stuck on the one ring we have now.

1 person likes this

@Jegsy - I hadn't thought about the legibility angle. Good point.

I like them both, so I can't really choose any of those options :P

I actually really like the single better...the double rings one reminds me too much of the olympic rings or something lol

1 person likes this

@Aussie - No worries. If it's a tie I'm going to pick the dual version, because it is more consistent with the rest of our branding.

@dodgedude - Hmm. Hadn't thought of that olympic association. I wonder if that will be less of an issue after the games are over and the olympic logo isn't plastered everywhere. Any alterations you can think of to make it less olympic-y?

@dodgedude - Hmm. Hadn't thought of that olympic association. I wonder if that will be less of an issue after the games are over and the olympic logo isn't plastered everywhere. Any alterations you can think of to make it less olympic-y?

The only thing I can think of is to make the double rings more 3 dimensional. I think that's what I've pinpointed as what I like most about the first one. And the single ring seems to "shine" while the double rings are very plain. My $.02...and that's probly all that advice was worth haha :lol:

3 people like this

Single as well. The two rings looks like some company logo. The single ring looks good for our site. Plus, it's WTM, we're all single until we're married. Though there are married people here, I think the single ring relates better for both groups - waiters and the ones who have waited.

2 people like this

@dodgedude - That was worth way more than $.02. Actually very helpful. At LEAST $.04.

1 person likes this

@dodgedude - That was worth way more than $.02. Actually very helpful. At LEAST $.04.

Haha you can send it to my Paypal account :P

1 person likes this

@dodgedude - I would, but paypal would take $0.01 in fees. When we hold the first WTM.org international conference, I will have the bartender transfer $.04 of your tab to me. :lol:

1 person likes this

Haha Mike if we ever had something like that you wouldn't have a tab, I'd be buyin YOU drinks lol!

1 person likes this

Haha Mike if we ever had something like that you wouldn't have a tab, I'd be buyin YOU drinks lol!

Right!!!!! :P

I like the single ring, and it looks really affective with the shadowing underneath and the silver, which gives it a bit more of a unique modern look i think.

Okeydokey. Looks like the Single Ring lives to fight another day! Thanks for all the feedback, guys. I totally would have made the wrong call on that one without your help.