Sophie

What are you studying or what did you study at university?

23 posts in this topic

I started of in a Major in Film Studies and a Minor in German. At the end of the year, I switched to a Major in Linguistics. So I will now be getting a Linguistics Major and a German Minor. I hope to transfer into Honours, if my GPA is high enough and if I feel it is a good program for me. In case you haven't figured it out, languages are one of my biggest passions in life.

English literature, psychology and (probably) politics (but I've not decided 100% on that one yet...)

xxx

History and Dramatic Literature. Neither of which have anything to do with my current work, lol.

Earth and Environmental Science

My dad studied soil science in university and now he teaches soil science as a professor. But he also teaches physics, math, environmental science. He studied lots of science stuff at university, and he even has a doctorate. My friends call him "Dr. insert surname here" because he asked them to. Lol. Academically he's a genius but when it comes to other stuff...

Economics. I love it, and I'm hoping to major in the subject. The Econ department at my school is one of the best in the world, so it's extremeeeeely competitive to get into the Majors program. Here's to hoping my average is high enough.

If I don't get in, then I'll be majoring in International Relations or something. Ugh. I don't even want to think about what I'd do if I didn't get into Econ.

Economics. I love it, and I'm hoping to major in the subject. The Econ department at my school is one of the best in the world, so it's extremeeeeely competitive to get into the Majors program. Here's to hoping my average is high enough.

If I don't get in, then I'll be majoring in International Relations or something. Ugh. I don't even want to think about what I'd do if I didn't get into Econ.

I loved Economics in high school. :) scored a 90%.

Education! Social studies and science grades 4-9, math and english 4-6 and educating English Language Learners. :)

My undergraduate degree has a stupidly complicated / pretentious name, but it consists of a module or two from every business related discipline. I did a masters in social science research which I found really interesting. The PhD that I am currently doing is in organisational behaviour, but the topic that I am studying is probably slightly closer to political science.

Political Science.

And then a business degree...

Politics... and persuasion LOL.

Certificate in Arts and Cultural Management, 2009

Certificate in Management Studies, 2010

Diploma in Management Studies, 2011

Bachelor of Management, exp. comp. 2015

Psychology!! I know many view that a "default" major but this was a fully dedicated decision for me. While, I'm not EXACTLY sure what my career aspirations are, I know I want to help people, so I decided to start by understanding them! :) I enjoying learning a wide spectrum of things and my knowledge isn't limited to my major since I attend a liberal art's college.

Music therapy and a psychology minor :) I'll be a junior this fall :)

I'll be impressed if anyone has heard of music therapy before LOL.

1 person likes this

I started of in a Major in Film Studies and a Minor in German. At the end of the year, I switched to a Major in Linguistics. So I will now be getting a Linguistics Major and a German Minor. I hope to transfer into Honours, if my GPA is high enough and if I feel it is a good program for me. In case you haven't figured it out, languages are one of my biggest passions in life.

sophie! I'm a fellow language nerd! :) nice to meet you :) I'm studing anthropology and applied linguistics :)

can we talk about where we go so some of us can meet up maybe? it'd be great to really connect.