Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jegsy Scarr

Natural Family Planning website!

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

This is a website I just discovered all about Natural Family Planning. Well, I myself am really looking forward to learning NFP and using it once I get married, and I know that there are others on here who've said they're interested in the subject, so I thought this would be useful:

http://www.1flesh.org/

It's a fairly new website, but it's already posted a ton of good articles (in the "Consider" section) about contraception and NFP. Lots of facts and figures, which I know I'll be borrowing...Plus, you'll see from reading some of the articles that it's promoting waiting till marriage too...

xxx

1 person likes this

Is this the same thing as Fertility Awareness Method? As in described in the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility? I took a class on it - yes, I like to be prepared in advance. WAY in advance, lol. I don't know if this is the same thing, but with FAM, I was the only single person in the class. It's most effective if both partners are onboard and take the class ... so I was the odd woman out. Still, it was really interesting, and I learned a lot about my body.

Is this the same thing as Fertility Awareness Method? As in described in the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility? I took a class on it - yes, I like to be prepared in advance. WAY in advance, lol. I don't know if this is the same thing, but with FAM, I was the only single person in the class. It's most effective if both partners are onboard and take the class ... so I was the odd woman out. Still, it was really interesting, and I learned a lot about my body.

It is, yes. The term "Natural Family Planning" is kind of an umbrella-term for a number of different methods, and the Fertility Awareness Method is one of them. Yeah, it's actually not a bad idea to learn the principles behind NFP even if you're single, since it teaches you more about your fertility, and helps you recognise if there's something wrong with your cycle that could be a symptom of a health problem...So it's all useful info!

xxx

1 person likes this