Keisha

Is God Waiting On Me?

10 posts in this topic

I'm someone who grew up in the church. Before moving an hour away from my hometown, I was the girl who went to church every Sunday and Wednesday, was in the choir, and was just very involved. Even though I did all of these things, I have still always felt like I wasn't doing enough or my relationship with God was not where it needed to be.

I don't read and study my bible like I know I should. I also know I don't pray and talk to God as much as I need to. I think about this every day. I tell myself tomorrow is going to be different. I'm going to do what I need to do. And the next day, still, nothing changes.

I sometimes feel like God knows where he wants me to be and he knows that I am not ready personally, spiritually, emotionally, etc. for a relationship or marriage?

Has anyone ever felt like this before?

Since I already know what's wrong with me, is God waiting on me to change, handle my responsibilities, and mold myself so that I will be a better person for the man He is going to send my way?

I guess I'm just looking for your opinions on the matter...

1 person likes this

Wow! I totally get how you feel. I have the same issue. Im probably not ready for a relationship simply because Im still in school and have yet gotten to be who I want to be. I do (often) feel like my relationship with God isnt going anywhere and that I could do so much better

. I know I need more motivation and its a 2 sided effort! Like the saying goes, you gotta put wheels on them prayers. For example, if youre praying for financial help, you cant just expect money to fall out of the sky, you gotta get out there and look for a job! So pray and follow through. Get out and do something you like to do, you will find your motivation and your path.

He could be waiting for you to take that first step! Although its wonderful, I think you need to experience more beyond just going to Church and singing in the choir. You need to truly see Gods hand at work. Maybe you can volunteer somewhere that needs yours and Gods help, or read a couple books like "Same kind of different as me." That book helped me realized a lot actually.

Anyway I believe that once you set out there, God will create a path for you to follow and create opportunities for you. This summer I havent done much, stayed at home, and that can be very toxic for your own self and realtionship with God. Thats what I think I need to do as well! So maybe you feel the same way.

My favorite part to read in the Bible is Proverbs. Theres tons of wisdom in there and it may motivate you to read more and find out about any questions you have!

Oh and heres oneof my favorite sites that talk about controversial topics - answersingenesis.org. Check it out! Interesting stuff. I hope this answered your question somewhat! =)

5 people like this

Thanks for the advice and I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling this way. I haven't done much either but stayed at home this summer. I know that's not good. I'll take a look at proverbs and try to read a bit a day.

The site looks interesting too. :)

I sometimes feel like God knows where he wants me to be and he knows that I am not ready personally, spiritually, emotionally, etc. for a relationship or marriage?

Has anyone ever felt like this before?

Since I already know what's wrong with me, is God waiting on me to change, handle my responsibilities, and mold myself so that I will be a better person for the man He is going to send my way?

I guess I'm just looking for your opinions on the matter...

I have felt the same way before. Even on other things. But I know it takes patience, and through that patience we learn to grow and trust in God. We learn to live for him, and not for ourselves. Cuz if you keep your eyes on why we're here on this earth, it's not to please ourselves, it's to please God the best we can.

Wow! I totally get how you feel. I have the same issue. Im probably not ready for a relationship simply because Im still in school and have yet gotten to be who I want to be. I do (often) feel like my relationship with God isnt going anywhere and that I could do so much better

. I know I need more motivation and its a 2 sided effort! Like the saying goes, you gotta put wheels on them prayers. For example, if youre praying for financial help, you cant just expect money to fall out of the sky, you gotta get out there and look for a job! So pray and follow through. Get out and do something you like to do, you will find your motivation and your path.

He could be waiting for you to take that first step! Although its wonderful, I think you need to experience more beyond just going to Church and singing in the choir. You need to truly see Gods hand at work. Maybe you can volunteer somewhere that needs yours and Gods help, or read a couple books like "Same kind of different as me." That book helped me realized a lot actually.

Anyway I believe that once you set out there, God will create a path for you to follow and create opportunities for you. This summer I havent done much, stayed at home, and that can be very toxic for your own self and realtionship with God. Thats what I think I need to do as well! So maybe you feel the same way.

My favorite part to read in the Bible is Proverbs. Theres tons of wisdom in there and it may motivate you to read more and find out about any questions you have!

Oh and heres oneof my favorite sites that talk about controversial topics - answersingenesis.org. Check it out! Interesting stuff. I hope this answered your question somewhat! =)

Very, very well said redyellowblue. I think you you pretty much got most of this. :)

I used to feel the same way. Prayer definitely worked for me as far as getting closer to God. I believe coming to God in repentance and asking him into your heart will move you to be closer to him than ever before.

Here is an article that can help. http://www.gotquestions.org/get-right-with-God.html

Hope it was of assistance to you. God bless.

Also see the article ''What does it mean to accept Jesus as your personal savior?''. You will see it when you scroll down on that page. That article will also shed some more light on your issue.

I used to feel the same way. Prayer definitely worked for me as far as getting closer to God. I believe coming to God in repentance and asking him into your heart will move you to be closer to him than ever before.

Here is an article that can help. http://www.gotquesti...t-with-God.html

Hope it was of assistance to you. God bless.

Thanks Alex! I'll make sure I check these articles out!

I've gone through this as well/ am going through it... And it makes me anxious because I, just like, great what if I never reach my full potential till I like 40 and then God doesn't bring me anyone till then? Basically though, I've heard that God will sometimes hold off on what WE want so that He can use that devotion to him to bring us closer to Him. So the best advice is, whatever you feel like you need to do in life do it so that there is absolutely nothing holding you back making you that much closer to God and your husband.

1 person likes this

I've gone through this as well/ am going through it... And it makes me anxious because I, just like, great what if I never reach my full potential till I like 40 and then God doesn't bring me anyone till then? Basically though, I've heard that God will sometimes hold off on what WE want so that He can use that devotion to him to bring us closer to Him. So the best advice is, whatever you feel like you need to do in life do it so that there is absolutely nothing holding you back making you that much closer to God and your husband.

I totally agree with you. That's exactly what I'm trying to do right now.

1 person likes this

Wow, This describes me to a T!! I know exactly what you mean about feeling anxious that God won't bring someone into your life for marriage until you're much older and have "got it together" Sometimes I get mini-panic attacks just thinking about how I won't meet the right man until I'm way passed my younger dating years!

But I've also started to realize the importance of getting right with God. It's SOOO easy to become impatient for things and not want to wait on God's plan because it might not fit the schedule we had in mind. I agree, I think that the best advice is just to develop your relationship with God, living life to the fullest every day so that He can prepare you to be a godly woman for your future husband!

1 person likes this