Guest markb4

Do you believe in aliens/UFOS?

34 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Do you believe in the existence of aliens, UFOs, and the like? Any stories to share?

No, but my grandpa does. He said he was driving one night and stopped at a weird human like creature. He said it then looked at him and shot up into the sky. Interesting!

2 people like this

Yep, I do. I think their are many different types of aliens, not all like the roswell looking one. I believe some look like us. But I don't believe all UFO's are alien crafted.. I tend to think the government has a hand in it as well. I believe in aliens and the like but I don't believe everything I read/see/hear. There are a ton of hoaxes out there. It just doesn't seem possible to me that we are the only ones in this vast, ever-expanding universe constantly creating all types of life.

There is an awful lot of empty space out there for it only to be us.

This. And UFO/aliens don't necessarily have to be different creatures than humans! They could in fact be humans, living on other planets. I 100%, without a doubt, believe there is life on planets in other solar systems. These other planets are most likely similar to earth. The Universe is too freaking huge for it to be 99% lifeless.

Statistically (Drake equation), "hundreds of thousands of life-bearing planets should exist. And a habitable planet like the earth should exist just a few light years away."

http://www.paranormalhaze.com/5-pieces-of-evidence-that-suggests-intelligent-alien-life-exists/

Yes. I was part of a group sighting in 1974.

and...

please elaborate! ha ha What did it look like, where was it etc?

I think it would be really depressing if humans were the only intelligent life in the universe. So, I like to think that other life does exist out there.

I think the odds are favorable in terms of other life forms. After all, in our solar system, 1 out of 9 planets has life. The universe is infinite. So, we're probably not the only solar system that got lucky in terms of life forms.

1 person likes this

54402ae3bfe20b5c6a5b3695f05381a2.png

The above equation is a represenation of the Fermi paradox, which suggests that the chances of intelligent alien life existing elsewhere in the universe are a mathematical improbability. Don't ask me to explain it; frankly, any math equation with those long, stretchy s's in them scares the daylights out of me. I'm pretty sure it might be indicative of black magic.

Still, the universe is, for lack of a better word, big. There simply has to be some kind microbial ecosystem somewhere besides Earth. Surely. Maybe. Hopefully.

1 person likes this

I was 14 years old and attending church one night. I was looking out a classroom window and noticed a bright light just above the horizon. I called everybody over to take a look, including the teacher. I told them "hey, I've found a UFO." Of course, they just said "right John." We watched it for about 15 minutes. Because it was so bright, I couldn't make out any details, but could definitely tell it was a huge craft. As it got closer, we watched it dive several thousand feet in the blink of an eye, move to the left and right at unimaginable speed, then it shot back up to its original altitude - and did this several more times. Then they all looked at me - "John, it is a UFO!" I told my parents, but they didn't call anybody. UFOs back in those days were still more in fairy tale land. They just weren't taken as seriously as they are today, at least in the area I lived in. Some of us still see each other today and talk about it. Still gives me chills thinking about it.

1 person likes this

I don't know if there are aliens elsewhere (only God knows that) but I'm very skeptical of alien life on earth.

There are so many ways to explain sightings and other encounters - but I'm not going to because for all I know it might be true!

1 person likes this

Sometimes I feel like we as waiters are like aliens. Many people these days don't believe we exist anymore :lol:

10 people like this

Sometimes I feel like we as waiters are like aliens. Many people these days don't believe we exist anymore :lol:

You are right Vince. And for every year added onto your age, the further your home is. 20-30 years old: Neptune. 30-40 years old: Pluto. 40-50 years old: Keppler 22-B. 50+ years old: Outpost in another orbit.

The above equation is a represenation of the Fermi paradox, which suggests that the chances of intelligent alien life existing elsewhere in the universe are a mathematical improbability. Don't ask me to explain it; frankly, any math equation with those long, stretchy s's in them scares the daylights out of me. I'm pretty sure it might be indicative of black magic.

Still, the universe is, for lack of a better word, big. There simply has to be some kind microbial ecosystem somewhere besides Earth. Surely. Maybe. Hopefully.

Lol, all those "S' symbols mean to calculate something between 2 numbers.

The universe is HUGE. Who knows. I wouldn't be shocked if they existed, I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't.

Lol, all those "S' symbols mean to calculate something between 2 numbers.

Black magic! Hold still your typing fingers, sorcerer!

The Fermi phenomenon is not really not that difficult. The one that you referenced is a little old. It has since been updated several times, adding and removing variables, reflecting our ever increasing knowledge of the universe. A new random variable was added around 2008 to incorporate the ever growing number of habitable planets. Actually, life elsewhere in the universe viewed as a mathematical improbability is only half of Fermi's paradox. The other half is the consideration of the scale (and hence age) of the universe, thus pointing to the belief that advanced civilizations have to be out there - we just haven't found them. You might want to take a look at the Drake and Dole equations too.

my mother was an alien in canada for about 4 years till i helped her pass her citizenship test,

ufos are definetly becoming more common then they used to be...i dont believe in aliens though, i believe aliens (and ghosts) are just extra-dimensional beings (demons) trying to trick us into believing that there are such things to fall off the path. sure this is based on the man in the radio talk show and its kind of irrational but one thing is certain, that man was very very afraid, you can hear it clearly in his voice, now why would a man who was faking it for the laughs be that afraid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmsFiDv0uBo another thing that is a mystery to me which i believe are demons, this is the famous goldfield hotel flying brick and they explain the physics behind it quite nicely , jump to about 1:09 and they explain how nothing seems to be caught in the video editing software and that it is physically impossible for a brick to be thrown like that without some sort of visible string. this was there first episode (just a videocamera and a recorder) which after getting that footage they became famous and now have way better technology to back them up on there adventures.

I believe that we are not alone in the universe. As a Star Trek fan, I am very curious about what is out there, but I don't believe all of the rumours and crap like that.

Hey, I'm reviving this post because I want to. Let's see what our newer members think about UFOs and/or aliens?

I absolutely believe that aliens exist - given the size of the universe it is arrogant to think that we are the only populated planet amongst the tens of millions of others.  I also believe that they have visited Earth and observed our planet.

I studied archaeology at university and there are some really bizarre stories that seem to have only one explanation.  One of the most fascinating is the story of the Dogon, who live in Mali, West Africa.  For centuries they have been creating art that depicts the universe, including details such as pictures of the four main moons orbiting Jupiter and the rings around Saturn - details that cannot be observed from Earth with the naked eye and that weren't discovered until years after the drawings were made.  Strangest of all, in the 1930s two anthropologists spoke to the tribe leaders who told them about the star Sirius (a bright star in the Orion constellation) and mentioned that there were actually two stars there - one very small star that orbited the larger one.  Although this could not be seen by the naked eye as the smaller star was very dim and dense, the Dogon were correct - Sirius does indeed have a companion star orbiting around it. When asked how they knew about this star, they replied that the information came from 'spirits' that lived near the star Sirius and came to Earth 'in a vessel accompanied by fire and thunder'....

2 people like this

Yes. Maybe not green Martians, but any living thing not of earth can be an alien. Even a bacteria on another plan means life other than life on earth, which is more than possible.