Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aditya

Hi All...

11 posts in this topic

Hey All,

I am Aditya, from India. Well I had found this website a month earlier… but I doubted, no offence, if this is a genuine site. So I was very closely following the posts & researching the various aspects associated with it! Now, after almost a month I have come to a conclusion… I was WRONG! This is entirely a genuine site & I am really happy that it turned out to be so! LOL. Hence, I have registered just yesterday…

Now I have a query,

First… I am not from the US & Last… I am a non-christian… a HINDU by birth.

It may sound silly but am I allowed to be here & share my thoughts? Actually, I do believe in the ideologies that people here stand for & I am a WAITER too, so I thought of registering in the first place… I have a lot of things to share but should I?

Expecting a positive reply... c ya soon... HOPEFULLY!! :)

BYE.

Welcome, Aditya!

As ThatGuy said, you are more than welcome here. This site is for everybody --- and I mean everybody --- that's remotely waiting on sex or dating somebody who is. I think you're our first Hindu!

I doubted, no offence, if this is a genuine site

If you don't mind sharing: What made you doubt it? Is there something that you would suggest changing/improving about the site that might help conquer similar doubts in others? Would it help if I changed the slogan from "Your home base for all things love and waiting" to something more direct like "This website is for everybody who waits on sex, across all religions and creeds."?

Or is there maybe something else about the site that seems suspicious? I'm still working to improve the design (I'm about to hire my third graphic designer because I just can't get a design that I like). Is there anything I should be sure to address? I want your feedback! That's how this site will get better!

That goes for you to, ThatGuy...you said you followed for a while before registering...were you suspicious too? Any suggestions?

Hi Mike & ThatGuy!

Thanks for your welcoming & comforting words... feels like I am a part of this ‘family’ now! Yep… I said ‘family’! At least to me… this site is like my second family, where I can freely talk about my ideologies without the fear of getting ridiculed! This site is really like a gleam of hope… for all of us WAITERS scattered all round the globe & wondering in our minds… “Why didn’t God spare a few more minutes to make one more like me?!!... A Damn Selfish Guy! That is what he actually is!†Well guys and girls… may be we were thinking a bit too loudly… I think HE OVERHEARD us! :lol: Feeling terrible about himself… he sent us a Knight in shining Armor… MIKE! Yes… that is EXACTLY what I choose to call him. :)

I just can’t explain how miserable I was until I found this site. Not only did I feel disgusted because of the fact that people around me made my ideologies & morals mere objects of mockery, but also due to the feeling of hollowness as every time I thought even though I will find someone someday… but she in all probability will care a hang about my beliefs! Although she will be my wife yet she would never be able to be my soul mate! Well, I feel one thing leads to other… and honestly that is exactly why I am practicing abstinence, even if it means a lonely death as a Virgin!

I have both heard & read a lot of non-waiting women, defending themselves by saying, “A few centimeters of skin (the hymen) can never be measures of my character… people with such thoughts are sheer LOOSERS!†Especially for them, I want to emphasis the fact that a lot of women are even BORN WITHOUT IT & it is actually not the skin that is important… it is the inner-self that it being symbolized at a much higher level! To be honest, I would rather choose someone who was RAPED… over someone who gave it up just for the sake of amusement. So, it always boils down to the inner-self, which actually decides whether a marriage will be a successful & everlasting one OR, just a mere obligation of a lifetime! I hope I am being able to make my point very clear to you all! Well, it is not just about premarital sex, a hell lot more is actually at stake! Whenever someone indulges in such things it instantly proves that he/she lacks the SELF-RESTRAINT that differentiates us from the animals… Lack of self-restraint again proves the insatiable urge to be with anyone and everyone that he/she gets attracted to… This insatiable urge after marriage, can not only jeopardize its sanctity as an institution but can devastate two lives as well… may be MORE! Now, there can be exceptions… I agree! But the fact that couples who WAIT are 22% more likely to have a successful marriage than those who don’t… pretty much proves my point!

By now most of you out there, must have started speculating about me being a religious fella! LOL. :lol: Honestly, I am not! I am a non-Christian… a Hindu by birth, brought up in a very liberal & healthy atmosphere! May be that’s why I rarely visit the temples & I am not that much into the religious customs & traditions… but I do respect them nonetheless & try to know about my as well as other religions but that’s just a personal hobby. Actually I have a very inquisitive mind. I believe that love is divine & I do believe in true love too. I have some morals at the same time… I am totally saving myself for that special one! Now, don’t form an impression that it is because my religion forbids it… but it is something I really BELIEVE in! Sex is an eternal bond of love that consummates the romance between two souls. That makes it something very SACRED. It can never be mistaken for a sport meant to be played with different people, according to availability! Or else what will be so special & exclusive between married couples???!! So I decided to refrain from any sexual activity till marriage... even KISSING! Don’t get me wrong… I am not against a girl liking a guy or vice versa… but they must know where to DRAW THE LINEs!

Now, time for a brief intro. Hi folks… as you all probably know by now, I am Aditya from India. I am a 21 year old male WAITER. I also have got 3 guy friends who are waiting (21, 21, and 28) Well I am into very unconventional things... I like nature photography, traveling, movies, foreign languages, cultural studies, reading biographies & novels, writing blogs, hiking, researching about human psychology & conflict... and the list goes on & on... The only conventional one that I am into is... fitness of both MIND & (of course) BODY... In a nutshell the CRAZY GEEK! My Zodiac sign is Sagittarius… by TROPICAL ASTROLOGY! I am a huge Tom Cruise fan. I am a foodie too. I am a bit of an emotional guy & I sometimes cry while watching a movie! :P I hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & Finance from The University of Calcutta. Right now I am pursuing the US CPA certification & probably will be going to LA next February for the exam. Although I am planning for LA for the exam (& Hollywood too…) yet I would really love to meet you people there. Well Mike… I can come down to Georgia for a meet… but only if you promise to buy me a chilly cheese dog from Varsity! As far as my SEXUAL HISTORY is concerned… Yes I am sexually active... ONLY IF YOU CONSIDER HOLDING HANDS AS SOMETHING VERY SEXUAL! :lol: By that standard, I am a sexual predator… I dated a girl once & she cheated on me as I did not ‘fulfill’ her 'dreams'!

Now as the first guy from South-East Asia or most probably, Asia… I have a lot to share & to ask… I look forward to doing that very soon. I also have ideas of turning this website into a global platform where WAITING guy & girls not only will be able to interact but will be able to find soul mates too! After all at the end of the day that is what we all want… To be with the RIGHT one for the rest of the life! I also have my ideas for the ‘Virgin Radar’ I soon will be posting it. For Mike, I can only say that you have earned a place in paradise & in each of our hearts as well! Keep it up! For all other boys & girls here, I just want to say… it all started with a single member & within a year we have considerably swelled in number and we will continue to… may like us are out there… just hold on to your ideals & let me tell you all… from all your posts… I just think you all rock & are great persons to be with… KUDOS to this site! As far as my month long wait is concerned… it was just that I was a bit busy and could not really pay due attention & time to this site but as soon I was free I just took me 5 days to decide that I want to join in, but I feel there can be improvements though! I will get back to you on this Mike… don’t worry! :)

Well looks like I wrote quite a bit… but I hope besides giving you some good laughs & I have also been able to make a few meaningful statement about my outlook & the society around us at large. I want to contribute more to this site but my CPA studies keeps me occupied most of the time. Still, I hope to see you all very soon. You all are doing a great job to keep this online community up & running… Keep up the good job! :)

Just before I leave, I do want to remind each one of you who has gone through my entire gigantic post… Call up the Nobel Committee & demand one for each of yourselves, for such a display of patience & temperament! :lol::P:D

Stay Good.

BYE.

Hi Aditya!

Thanks for your welcoming & comforting words... feels like I am a part of this ‘family’ now! Yep… I said ‘family’! At least to me… this site is like my second family, where I can freely talk about my ideologies without the fear of getting ridiculed!

lol! I feel like that too, sometimes! I've got great friends, but they don't always understand my reasons for waiting...

Of course you're allowed to be here! I mean, this site's open to everyone, wherever they're from, or what their beliefs are.

Well I had found this website a month earlier… but I doubted, no offence, if this is a genuine site.

I was like that for a while too. I don't think it's how the site looks per say, more just the fact that you can't believe you've found like-minded people! Or, that those people know how to make a website and write articles and stuff!

You were following the posts for a while? So you actually saw some of the crazy stuff I had written, and thought, "I want to be a part of that family"! :lol: (I really do say some weird things sometimes...)

Sex is an eternal bond of love that consummates the romance between two souls. That makes it something very SACRED. It can never be mistaken for a sport meant to be played with different people, according to availability! Or else what will be so special & exclusive between married couples???!! So I decided to refrain from any sexual activity till marriage... even KISSING!

I think that's one of the problems about waiting: you've got to figure out how much you're willing to do before you're married! Personally, I draw the line at holding hands and kissing, but I still don't think I would want to kiss a guy on a first date.

I'm the same: I don't think sex should ever be taken lightly. Society today seems to value sex as nothing, not something special or meaningful, or something you should wait for. Their point of view seems very much to be that having sex is something you have for fun. It's so much more than that.

That's why this website is so special: you have a group of like-minded people, who can share stories and tips, and offer advice, and everyone is just like one big second family. (Hey Mike, maybe that should be our slogan: "One big happy family of waiters" :D )

Anyway, welcome Aditya! I look forward to hearing more from you in the future!

xxx

Hi Aditya!!!

Welcome!!! I'm also 21 but I'm in my senior year of college; studying to be a teacher grades 4-9. I am Catholic-Christian and find the most people I know who are waiting are Christian/religious, so it's really iinteresting to me to hear differently on here =)

It's very difficult on a college campus to try to stay true to your value, but I find it really satisfying---"Don't be a second rate version of someone else---be yourself :) " I enjoy trying to be genuine and true to myself; I believe that's one way to find fufilment/satisfaction in life.

I really enjoy playing tennis, running and biking. (I play intrmural here and I'm trying to do my 2nd half-marathon with some friends this spring !!) I also LOVE to read, go to movies with friends, try random new things (going to a drive-in move, new restaurants, traveling)

I have a couple friends from India; one is also Hindu, the other is Sikh. Neither is waiting until marriage, but are waiting "for the right guy". Well, one already lost her virginity but wants the next time to be with a guys who really loves and cares for her <3 My friend who is Hindu hasn't told her parents about dating guys. (Especially if they're not INdian---she said the worst would be an African American guy or Muslim guy, then white, then INdian---just wondering if your parents are the same way?? Hers are VERY traditional)

Hey Jegsy…

Thanks a bunch… looks like the concept of “second family†holds good for all of us here! Well, I too agree with your view of kissing & cuddling being within permissible limits Jeg! I would really like to apologize to you and to all the other readers for putting up an impression that I am against them, :( but that was completely unintentional! All I wanted to say is I am abstaining from sex till marriage & I haven’t even kissed anyone yet as I couldn’t get any vibes from the few women that I dated! They were definitely the wrong ones. I regret that my words came out some other way conveying something else to the readers. :( I will be willing to go for a kiss, once I am in a committed relationship & emotionally attached to the woman. Thanks Jeg, for pinpointing the issue. :)

I saw you online, while you were probably busy browsing through the posts… I tried to IM you but there seems to be no facility here. That’s a major drawback! Anyways, I see that you are from Scotland. Now, I know be it anyplace in the whole wide world but our ideologies will be frowned upon at least by a certain section of the society… but you tell me, first hand, how is it exactly in Scotland… to what extent? Have you come across any WATIERS yet, in Scotland? I just want to know this as many myths prevail regarding countries & people… just due to a lack of communication! For example, the Western world thinks that 95% of the Indian women WTM but the fact is only 50% do, a recent survey shows. I want to eliminate these shadowy areas so that people can get a clear picture of what is actually going on globally. Very soon I will be writing about ‘Abstinence’ from an Indian point of view.

A suggestion for all the WAITERS here… Try to find out other genuine waiters around you & encourage them to stay that way. Stay together. Mike is right in one of his posts… we waiters can sense & attract other waiters too! It is an intuitive perception & is a fact! That way we will be able to find each other… in a very simple yet, efficient way. After a significant number of WAITERS sign up with this site, though that will be quite a while from now, we can add a DATING section to this site too! After all that is what we are longing for… TRUE LOVE! What Say MIKE & the rest? :)

Mike, I am compiling a list of a few shortcomings & prospective improvements for the site… will be posting it in a couple of days in the ‘Announcements & Feedback’ section. Hope you will find it useful! I too have a few taglines for the site…

1. No matter where & who you are, if you are WAITING… We are family!

2. Wherever & Whoever you are… you are not alone, we too are WAITING!

3. Thinking you are the lone WAITER! We thought the same too…

4. All of us are proud WAITERS… are you one too?

Well, personally I like the first one… the rest are not so impressive. Still, I thought of providing them as you can try mixing them with other’s suggestions to come up with the PERFECT ONE! :)

Mike, can you convert 6 p.m. EDT to IST (Indian Standard Time) for me? Actually I wanna attend the chat session. As far as my calculation goes, its 6:30 a.m. (IST)… but I feel it is incorrect! :P

Hey ThatGuy… I think your concepts for the tagline is great too… try combining my suggestions! See if you can come up with something new. How about you? As far as I remember from your post, you are from the US… what is the situation around you? Any likeminded people with ya? :)

Hi Sally! Ummmm… I really need to go now… its 4:45 a.m. here & I am really sleepy! So can’t really write much now. But I am glad that you are here with us… you seem to be an interesting person! I will write a reply to your post tomorrow morning… I think I you can help me with some very valuable info! I believe you will find my posts interesting, meaningful & at times hilarious! I look forward to talk to you… Well the last thing before I go… do you think you can teach tennis to a rookie like me? :D:P;)

Hi Aditya!

Well, I too agree with your view of kissing & cuddling being within permissible limits Jeg! I would really like to apologize to you and to all the other readers for putting up an impression that I am against them, but that was completely unintentional!

No problem, Aditya! I didn't think you were critisising me at all! You do get some people (there might be a couple of them on this site already, but I'm not sure...) who are waiting till marriage to kiss, so although it's unusual, it's definitely not unheard of.

All I wanted to say is I am abstaining from sex till marriage & I haven’t even kissed anyone yet as I couldn’t get any vibes from the few women that I dated! They were definitely the wrong ones. I regret that my words came out some other way conveying something else to the readers. I will be willing to go for a kiss, once I am in a committed relationship & emotionally attached to the woman.

That's me, too! I've never even been on a date with someone yet, but I suppose I am only 17... Most of my close friends have been out with someone at least once, so sometimes I do think, "Hey, what's wrong with me?", but I guess I've just not found anyone that's right for me yet. There was actually this one guy who I really liked for years, and I was always trying my best to make him like me back, so that maybe he would ask me out. But he never did. I just found out last week that, at a party over the summer, he kissed one of my best friends. And, of course, it's the friend who's had the most boyfriends of all! Makes me feel a little annoyed, knowing that I tried to get him to like me for years, and she gets a kiss from him without having to do anything! :wacko::lol::rolleyes:

Anyway, enough about me!

Anyways, I see that you are from Scotland. Now, I know be it anyplace in the whole wide world but our ideologies will be frowned upon at least by a certain section of the society… but you tell me, first hand, how is it exactly in Scotland… to what extent? Have you come across any WATIERS yet, in Scotland? I just want to know this as many myths prevail regarding countries & people… just due to a lack of communication! For example, the Western world thinks that 95% of the Indian women WTM but the fact is only 50% do, a recent survey shows.

Oh dear, Scotland... Well, over here, the average age people lose their virginity is 17.8 years, and about a third of people lose it before they turn 16 (the legal age of consent). We have one of the highest rates of teenage pregnancy in the Western world, and the vast majority (I'd estimate more than 95%) have sex before marriage. That said, it's not the best place in the world to wait! I would say the biggest influence on people having sex before marriage is the culture we live in. Movies, TV shows, celebritites - all very rarely encourage people to wait. In schools over here, you rarely get abstinence-only education, only stuff about safe sex, etc. (there's a topic I started on the subject, if you want to check it out).

50%? I did expect the number of waiters to be higher in India. Well, that's interesting. I think it'd be a good idea to write an article on the subject, because I think most people in the UK or the USA wouldn't have a clue about other countries!

Anyway, this post has went on a bit. I'm not great at keeping things short!

xxx

Hey Sally!

I hope you graduate with flying colors & be what you desire in life. But, your hobbies will come in handy while as a teacher… you will have to do a lot of running behind those kids! :D Good thing that you are planning for the half-marathon before you start off. :lol::P Jokes apart, I really respect your decision of being a teacher in life... it’s a big responsibility but the pride & solace a TEACHER feels, once his/her students start leaving their marks in diverse arenas of the society, is unparalleled! Honestly… I envy people like you as I don’t think I will ever be able to become a teacher in my life! I personally feel after parents, it’s the teacher(s) who plays the most important part, in modeling the beginner’s future & his/her character as a whole! So, in a way you will be the architect of many wonderful lives! I wish you success with anything & everything you do… :)

It really feels good to see American girls like you have so much respect for values whereas your Indian friends hardly cares for them! This is exactly the topic due to which I often find myself amidst a lot of arguments, here in India! :( I believe it is always at the individual level that judgments need to be made, not on some stupid basis like race, religion & origin!! I hope I will be able to explain the attitude of your INDIAN friends towards their family & a wealth of other information in the Article that I am writing… It will be a while before I finish that one… but I am trying to finish it ASAP! :)

Hey Jegs,

This is exactly why I am writing this Article… I bet you & the Western world, in general, don’t have an unbiased picture of either the concurrent Indian culture or the South-Asian culture taken as a whole. :) In my post, I am trying to do paint the real picture which can be truly relied upon! No assumptions, but unbiased facts… firsthand information from someone like me, who has grown up in this culture! Hope you will find it interesting & useful. :)

Now, for some days, I may stay away from this site busy with my Article… so I may not reply to your posts! :( But nevertheless, you all are welcome to leave your messages… I will reply to them once I find time! :)

BYE.

Can’t agree more, ThatGuy! I think, no offence, the Guy was a sheer looser to choose some random ‘Playmate’ sort over somebody like Jegs! A guy like that does not even deserve a mention in a forum like this! That’s in fact Jegs’ gain as she definitely deserves a much better person! She is an intelligent girl… & she knows that her SOUL MATE is out there! Good luck with finding him Jegs! :)

Well, I hope you will be there in the next Sunday evening chat ThatGuy! :) By the way ThatGuy did you like any of the taglines that I wrote for this site… or, have you been able to combine some of them to create a new one??? :)

Hey!

Wow, thanks guys! Very sweet of you!

I'm assuming that since that girl was you're "best friend", she knew that you had feelings for this guy? If she did know that you liked this guy, I don't wanna come across too stern, but,... she may not be such a good friend

To be fair to her, after the whole...em...incident with him (see "On the Verge of Celibacy for Life Methinks" thread for full details...) she was really good at helping me out, making me feel better. I asked my other best friend about it, and she says that she (the one that kissed him) honestly thought I was over him. So it's not really her fault. Although...if I was her, I would certainly have asked first to make sure she was definitely over him...hmm...

I think, no offence, the Guy was a sheer looser to choose some random ‘Playmate’ sort over somebody like Jegs! A guy like that does not even deserve a mention in a forum like this! That’s in fact Jegs’ gain as she definitely deserves a much better person! She is an intelligent girl… & she knows that her SOUL MATE is out there! Good luck with finding him Jegs!

Thanks, Aditya! See, why don't I know more guys like you and ThatGuy? Thanks for cheering me up! :)

Looking forward to your article, Aditya!

xxx

Welcome, welcome. Happy you're here! I haven't been here long myself, but it's swiftly becoming one of my favorite websites.

You seem like an intelligent, interesting gentleman, I'm glad you found your way into our ranks. It makes me so very happy to come to this site and find guys around my age that are waiting, because as a 23 year old gal I don't seem to find very many in real life.