Mike

Suggest Abstinence Websites

10 posts in this topic

Do you have any other favorite waiting-related websites (besides our glorious WTM.org, of course) that you'd like to see listed on our Abstinence Websites page? Post a link to the website here!

P.S. If you're the owner/webmaster of an abstinence website, you are welcome do more than just post a link. Please post a link to your site here, and consider contacting Olivier or Mike too. We'd love to collaborate with you!

Nothing compares to WTM.org Mike! Thank you soo soo much :)

However, when I was going through a phase of doubt and before I found WTM.org I came across this website http://www.chastitycall.org/

It's not the best in terms of layout etc but I read the letters "To my future wife/husband" at a time when I was really doubting WTM and they made me cry (a lot)....because I knew that what they described in the letter was what I really wanted.

3 people like this

http://www.therebelution.com/blog/ The website was created by twin brothers Alex and Brett (they're also Joshua Harris' brothers for those of you who know him). They encourage teens and young adults to "rebel" against society's low expectations of them. Although they don't talk much about WTM, they do endorse it. They both waited and now are successfully married.
1 person likes this

Just found http://moralrevolution.com- a little about it:

"The world has screamed perverse messages of love, lust, beauty and sexuality through all forms of media, while the church has remained predominantly silent. It is our goal to begin discussing and releasing freedom regarding these "shamed" topics with kingdom perspective! The church should be the most safe, empowering environment when it comes to modeling what love should look like. God gave us our sex drive. It is our job to learn to manage it!

Our desire is to promote a culture of love, honor and respect for the generations by providing resources that equip and empower society to wholeness.

Our hope is to address the root causes of purity issues rather than merely communicating to the masses to "abstain from having sex". It is not our heart to be the cosmic "NO", but rather call you to a higher standard of living, imparting value for your heart and encourage you to walk in all that He has created you to be."

So, it is Christian based, but they have a section where you can ask questions to a doctor and some of them are pretty explicit. It seems like a good place for virgin WTMers to get info.

1 person likes this

I was thinking... Does this site have like a "VirginsList" yet? Like the virgins version of Craigslist where sexually abstinent ppl can place ads for other chaste ppl, ie virginal roommates, music band members, babysitters, activity partners, actors for movies, romance and friendship personals, etc? I'm building a virgin love entertainment network channel for the web that I would like to become a cable TV network within the next 5-10 years but I'll need to find more Virgin Lovers for talent and crew, to make it all more authentic and mission-based. Craigslist sucks when seeking out healthy, pure people, and since WTM is already a global social network for us, that's how I came up with the idea for VirginsList. What do you think?? Thanks guys! :D 

post-41493-0-78013500-1404287339_thumb.j

3 people like this