Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sophie

Which parent do you take after the most?

6 posts in this topic

I am DEFINITELY most like my dad: very logical, patient, laid-back, and rational. We very, very rarely argue and have maybe fought 3 times in my entire life. Although he wasn't as heavily involved with me in my teen years as he was my pre-teen years and early childhood, I seemed to have inherited most of his personality traits. Such as: we are both loners, introverted, and emotionally unavailable at times. I think I got my extreme stubborness from my mom, and my mom taught me politeness, manners, and proper socializing.

I would probably say my father (quiet, reserved, logical thinker, realist, introvert etc...).

I think I got traits from both of them. Mother is artistic, communicative, contemplative, adaptable, sentimental. Father is extremely intelligent, opinionated, practical, decisive - usually right. I still communicate with both everyday and ask for their advice.

I don't really take after either of them, really. My mom is an over-emotional neat freak type of person, and my dad is a very hard-working, procastinating, slightly Hank Hill-ish type of character. I'm sort of a geeky, artsy milquetoast, quite different from both of my parents.

Im my own unique breed between the two of them. I dont think I was there enough for me to turn out like either one of em. Some things seem to be genetic though. My mom is very much a person who analyzes everything. Im like that, but I don't draw any bad conclusions and jump to it, I just like to know why things are the way they are. My dad puts up with a lot of crap before he says anything. Im like that too. I tend to analyze why some folks are doing the things their doing, then if I decide/if its obvious its just because their being jerks, Ill be like my mom and be blunt about it. Im also like my mom in another way, if she wants something, she will work for it, and get it herself. But unlike her, and like my dad, I do it all for good for myself or others. (mostly, haha)

My most obvious trait is that Im really laid back, open. Anybody can talk to me about anything, and I will just listen and understand the fact that that is how they feel. A lot of people seem to forget that. Its amazing how many different personalities there are.

I would say I have lots of both mixed in me. On the surface I have a lot of my mothers features, pretty much a male version of her which makes it hard to not always be thinking of her. She passed away in 2005 from ovarian cancer. I have my dads nose though somehow and they both had green eyes so i'm not sure which one gave them to me.

On the inside though I am a pretty good mix. I have some of my mom's wisdom and a lot of my dad's neurotic tendencies. I really can't complain though I was dealt a very good genetic hand of cards. *knocks on wood* My parents were 38 and 32 years of age when they had me. Mom was 38, father 32. Very good traditional parents and I thank them for being good to me.