wanderlust

What do you want your wedding dress to look like?

26 posts in this topic

Those are gorgeous!

I quite like this kind of thing, maybe...But maybe without as long a train at the back...

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=wedding+dress+sleeves&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=635&tbm=isch&tbnid=IICiO46sPt8zyM:&imgrefurl=http://weddingdressescollections.onsugar.com/Wedding-Dresses-Sleeves-21417844&docid=lju-iSXy6UblBM&imgurl=http://media4.onsugar.com/files/2012/01/03/4/2105/21057408/ab0ca0c0191de33c_wedding-dresses-with-sleeves.jpg&w=646&h=768&ei=sNv-T6S6PISq0AXI-L2kBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=316&vpy=155&dur=3613&hovh=245&hovw=206&tx=155&ty=134&sig=108866101119929135330&page=1&tbnh=125&tbnw=105&start=0&ndsp=33&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:90

I like dresses with sleeves. I like ones that have sticky-out skirts (yeah, I'm not an expert on wedding dress terminology), but not too sticky-out. And I don't really like fishtail skirts (although saying that, I've seen some nice fishtail dresses...) And...I like tiaras!

xxx

Those dresses are gorgeous girls. I dont know what I would want. I think something simple and elegant falling from the bust (those styles suit me more than clingy ones). But I'd think I'd have to go in and try a few on (obviously when Im engages) and see what style suits me.

I would like a bit of diamante or lace detail but nothing too extravagant just simple and understated and classy.

I loved Kate Middletons dress I thought she was so beautiful in it the box pleats were lovely on it. I also love the way she wore her hair down. A lot of brides wear their hair up but I dont like upstyles in my hair I think they are too severe on me. I like my hair down as I think it is softer so will probably do very little with my hair on my wedding day....maybe some soft curls or something.

1 person likes this

wedding-dress-Monique-Lhuillier-spring-2013-191.jpg

That dress is absolutely gorgeous! I am also a big lace fan, and I love dresses that aren't too poufy but also not showing every detail of my body! There is just something about sweetheart necklines and lace, they are so delicate and feminine.

Also, I think many here would be fans of the white wedding dress, as we are, after all, the perfect people to wear pure white!

Oh wanderlust I love those dresses! Especially the next to last one! I find lacey dresses to just look so classy and elegant! Here's a few of my favorites:

2012-pronovias-wedding-dress-lace-bridal-gown-romantic__full.png

a-line-scoop-ivory-sash-flower-sleeveless-chapel-train-wedding-dress-aline0056.jpg

15-wedding-dresses-perfect-for-church-weddings-pronovias-fit-and-flare-illusion-sleeves__full.png

Also I want to wear a really long veil with my dress. One that goes around my shoulders and not just

down my back. Like draping over me lol. Are you guys planning on wearing a veil?

There's a lot of different types. I actually like the way a birdcage one looks but then I got to thinking

and I don't really want to be looking through netting the whole day haha.

3 people like this

You all picked some wonderful dresses. I really like them all. Here are a few that I like.

9ae90802eafafa74c9eb2e7f7d5316bc.jpg

c675cbfc1d16aca858070a654c301cb9.jpg

5931c393f7331085e4c0757818267f0a.jpg

1 person likes this

Also I want to wear a really long veil with my dress. One that goes around my shoulders and not just

down my back. Like draping over me lol. Are you guys planning on wearing a veil?

There's a lot of different types. I actually like the way a birdcage one looks but then I got to thinking

and I don't really want to be looking through netting the whole day haha.

I agree, there's something so lovely about a long flowing veil! If I had a mermaid or a soft A-line dress I'd want a long veil. But if I had a puffy ballgown, I'd want a short veil.

1 person likes this

Pretty dresses ladies!!

I like this style!

I'm just looking at the bottom half of these dresses. I want something sort of flowy like this. Not too poofy.

242842604877696324_nB7MSmUL_c.jpg

4644405835306716_6SG7JDFZ_c.jpg

I also want a diamond belt around my waist kind of like this. I'm pretty sure my dress will be strapless.

54254370481704076_FI27bEAO_c.jpg

1 person likes this

Girls......I WANT TO WEAR ALL OF THOSE DRESSES SIMULTANEOUSLY ON MY WEDDING DAY!!!! They are all so fab!!! It is gonna be so hard to choose just one. But I believe I will know the dress when I try it on.

2 people like this

Girls......I WANT TO WEAR ALL OF THOSE DRESSES SIMULTANEOUSLY ON MY WEDDING DAY!!!! They are all so fab!!! It is gonna be so hard to choose just one. But I believe I will know the dress when I try it on.

Marriage Material... I totally agree.

My dress definitely needs sleeves. I am a firm believer that wedding dresses should be modest and tasteful, so NO BARE SHOULDERS OR ARMS for me. The sleeves don't have to be wrist-length, but they need to be there.

Otherwise I have never put thought into my wedding dress, or my wedding. I briefly looked up rings after a cousin of mine got engaged, but otherwise I have never thought of wedding stuff. I guess I fail as a girl. Lol.

2 people like this

Must be a girl thing, cuz to me all the dresses look the same, lol.

2 people like this

Ha that's hilarious!!

It's true what Jane Austen said: "Woman is fine for her own satisfaction alone. No man will admire her the more, no woman will like her the better for it. Neatness and fashion are enough for the former, and a something of shabbinesss or impropriety will be most endearing to the latter"

It's true what Jane Austen said: "Woman is fine for her own satisfaction alone. No man will admire her the more, no woman will like her the better for it. Neatness and fashion are enough for the former, and a something of shabbinesss or impropriety will be most endearing to the latter"

I'm guessing there's wisdom in that saying, cuz I didn't understand a word of that.

1 person likes this

I'm guessing there's wisdom in that saying, cuz I didn't understand a word of that.

LOL. Yeah, Jane Austen takes some getting used to. Like Shakespeare and Charles Dickens.

Definitely a girl thing. I'd say all tuxes look the same to me...except they pretty much are.

1 person likes this

I also think that I wont know until I find the dress, and when its THE dress, I will know the moment I try it on :)

I have found for me that sleeveless dresses tend to look the best because they show the least.. chest, lol since I'm not exactly small in the chest department. Most of the dresses I've tried on (for prom and such) especially like V necks show way, WAY too much.. :P I've had much better luck with sleeveless dresses compared to ones with straps.. maybe I'm just weird like that, lol. The dresses I chose for those events in high school were pretty much based on how they fit my chest and picking the ones that were the most conservative..For wedding dresses, If I could find one that that doesn't show too much and is off the shoulders type sleeves, that would be perfect! Otherwise I will probably get a sleeveless one, since I have found they work for me :) Being conservative is definitely important to me in a wedding dress, but I don't think I really want actual sleeves.. it just depends on what I try on/can find when I am looking for a dress :)

If I found a sleeveless wedding dress, I'd probably go for something like this one:

sheath-applique-strapless-draped-corset-satin-organdie-wedding-dress.jpg

Nothing too poofy, for sure. Being only 5 foot tall I don't want to get lost in my dress, lol :P

1 person likes this

:lol: hahahaha Mark! You are soo hilarious!!!!!! Omg that was too funny lol...

I just want something simple...something exactly like off the movie Braveheart :)

Ahh, this is exciting. Anyone here in love with the show "Say Yes to the dress"? I know I am. I think my perfect dress would be elegant, sexy, and classic. And for some reason I have never been able to get Katherine Heigl's dress at the end of 27 dresses out of my head. here is a picture.

http://sangmaestro.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/wedding-dress-with-V-neckline.jpg

well this isnt her dress, but more along the lines im thinking

and this too http://www.dressinmoda.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/300x600/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/2/0/2040-1.jpg

v-necks tend to look good on me

That's actually a pretty cool idea :) I also love how you're all for eloping. If my future wife was okay with it, that's totally what I want to do. If you know you're right for each other, why not just get married right away?