Guest markb4

Daddy's Girl or Mommy's?

24 posts in this topic

Oh man, as a guy I just get excited and giddy at the thought of having a daughter who is a daddy's girl! I don't know why, but I just look forward to raising my little girl and being super affectionate towards her. When she gets old enough, I can't wait to take her on father-daughter dates and show her how a guy should treat women properly. I hope that I can have the type of bond with my daughter where she can come to me when she's sad and I'd be there to kiss her and tell her everything's going to be okay. I want to be the kind of father who intimidates every guy she brings home and laugh when she would be mildly annoyed by my ridiculously overprotective nature. haha! I want her to look at me and think of me as her superhero who she can count on to protect her from the scum of the earth.

As strange as it sounds, the one thing I'm not look forward when raising a daughter is seeing my her get married. I mean I would be happy to see her find the love of her life. But it will be sad because that is when every father must accept that he is no longer the man in his little girl's life anymore :(

8 people like this

Oh man, as a guy I just get excited and giddy at the thought of having a daughter who is a daddy's girl! I don't know why, but I just look forward to raising my little girl and being super affectionate towards her. When she gets old enough, I can't wait to take her on father-daughter dates and show her how a guy should treat women properly. I hope that I can have the type of bond with my daughter where she can come to when she's sad and I'd be there to kiss her and tell her everything's going to be okay. I want to be the kind of father who intimidates every guy she brings home and laugh when she would be mildly annoyed by my ridiculously overprotective nature. haha! I want her to look at me and think of me as her superhero who she can count on to protect her from the scum of the earth.

As strange as it sounds, the one thing I'm not look forward when raising a daughter is seeing my her get married. I mean I would be happy to see her find the love of her life. But it will be sad because that will be the time when every father must accept that he is no longer the man in her life anymore :(

Envincebal,

Your comment was so touching and beautiful. Awwww. :)

Hey gals,

Are you a daddy's girl or a mommy's girl?

Markb4,

I am so totally a daddy's girl. My mom said when I was little I use to stand by the front door waiting for my Papa to get home for work. I just love being a daddy's girl and if I have a daughter... I hope she is one too.

Can guys be mummy/daddy guys? lol

I relate more to mom - intellectually and emotionally. And we both have always been artists. Relate to dad more on a spiritual level.

1 person likes this

I am more similar in attitude and personality to my dad. I also have an easier time relating to him and thus am closer to him-- so I'd say I'm more of a daddy's girl.

Can guys be mummy/daddy guys? lol

I think so. I think some guys can be mommy's boys (attached to their mothers, and not really thinking for themselves).

1 person likes this

DADDY'S GIRL! I adolized him when I was a child and my mom would always call us "the two love birds" because we were inseparable. I can count the number of fights I have had with him and we rarely even argue. I take after him a lot. And while he did have a 6 or so year period of not being the fantastic dad he previously was, he is back to his old self and I really respect him a lot. I am definitely a daddy's girl through and through. We've always been very close, mainly because I am an only child (also he is the fun parent.)

1 person likes this

lol I'm such a hopeless mommy's girl. I have her up on a pedestal. I would totally die for that woman lol

I never really had a chance to get to know my father because he passed away when I was just a baby.

1 person likes this

Daddy's girl here. When I was real young, I saw him as a super hero. He was a construction worker, now retired, and he would be away at work for long times and whenever he got home my sisters and I would rejoice! I remember one of my fondest childhood memories being when he and I had some rare daddy/daughter time with just the two of us. Or when he picked me up from kindergarten and I tried to show him everything in my school cubbie. lol I love my mom as well but I always had a stronger connection to my dad.

Now, as I am older, I am a lot like my dad in personality and in looks. My sister is like my mom, so I call them the twins and she in turn says that dad and I are twins. I fight more with my dad now because I no longer idolize him but I still have a lot of respect for him and he can carry a conversation with me better than anyone else in the family. I'll probably always be a daddy's girl when it comes down to it.

5 people like this

Neither. :( I've never been close to either of my parents for a number of reasons. As an adult, I'd say I'm close to my stepmother, but that's just a recent development and I'm by no means a stepmommy's girl. With my own children, that will be an entirely different story. :) I plan on cultivating a strong, loving relationship with them as they grow, starting as soon as their conceived! :)

2 people like this

I am neither, but I'm sure I would if I had a mom or dad who showered me with love.  They loved me and were fine care takers, but didn't go out of their way to make a special bond.

Contrarily, my daughter is definitely a mommy's girl!  We are very close.  If her father was around and had the same dedication, I'm sure she would be a daddy's girl too.

I was very close to both of my parents, but I have always been a Daddy's girl. 

I'm very much a Daddy's girl.  Always have been, always will be.  Although my mom and I are close as well, I'm still gonna say I'm a daddy's girl.  I spent a lot of time with him when I was younger while mom worked so it started there and has just continued.  

You know the saying..."A daughter is a daughter for life, a son is a son until he takes a wife."  I hope that's not the case for my marriage.  I have no intention of dictating to my husband that events and holidays on my side of the family take precedence.  Maybe we can merge and have a big family gathering at our house!  The more the merrier...

I think I'm more of a Daddy's girl. When I was little, I was always with my dad. And I still love spending time with him, and as I work for the family business, I spend a lot of time with both him and my mom. But I love spending time with my mom too and consider her my best friend, and she is my role model in a lot of things. But I think I will always be a daddy's girl.

I'm definitely a Daddy's girl. While we don't agree on everything, he is the person that I can always count on to be there for me.  :)

I am actually split down the middle. I share interests with both my Mom and Dad. When we were younger my older sister would be with my mom and my younger brother would be with my dad. I just stuck with myself a lot or, depending on what they were doing, I would either go with my mom or my dad.

Even now I am the same, I can go antiquing with my mom or to a baseball game with my dad. I love hanging out with both of them together.

I am the daughter of the one true King!!

Daddy's girl!!

My Heavenly Father's favored..I sit at the foot of His throne and poor my heart out to Him.

Those He entrusted with my care?

Birth Mom...she abandoned me while I was still very young

Birth Dad...went off to war and was never able to find me or see me again

First adopted Mom and Dad...surrendered me in lieu of criminal charges

Second adopted parents...Dad passed in 1986 and if I chose a favorite, He would win hands down.

Wish we had had more time together. I miss him daily.

Mom, she emails @ once a year and occasionally remembers my birthday or Christmas.

So you see...I am so glad to have a Savior. He has been there my entire life.  

4 people like this

I have a very strong bond with my mother. My father I have completely removed from my life -- even went as far as changing my last name so I wouldn't share it with him. Hopefully when I have children they will be able to have loving and secure relationships with both me and my partner.

1 person likes this

As a child, I was definitely a Daddy's girl. My mother is quite different from me personality-wise, and she was very protective of my sister and me, which annoyed us (although it came from a good place). My father beats the stereotypes and is the more touchy-feely emotional one, so as a child I was very close to him because I could share a lot with him. Every time he went on a work trip, I stole one of his shirts and slept with it, because it smelled of him :)

Now that I'm older my father has become more distant, and we don't share much anymore. As for my mother, she never really tried to form an emotional bond with us, so I'm not that close to her either. I guess now I'm neither a Daddy's nor a Mummy's girl.

1 person likes this

i was a daddy's girl. my dad died when i was 16 and thats when I got closer to my mom. sigh, i miss my parents

i was a daddy's girl. my dad died when i was 16 and thats when I got closer to my mom. sigh, i miss my parents

I'm sorry for your loss. <3

Can I be split down the middle? In a way I am a daddy's girl. I like more actiony things like he does and we like the same movies and stuff but my mom is the one who relates to me more and who understands my more girly side.