Guest redyellowblue

"Buying a car, before test driving it"

34 posts in this topic

Also, the person chooses to start a business like a person chooses to have sex.

I'll have to disagree with that. The same risk and reward analysis cannot be applied to a decision about starting a business and choosing a person to have sex with - if you're talking about marriage. It's comparing applies and oranges. Of course, if you're talking about meat on the street, then I guess you could compare the two. I agree with what Vince said on the matter. If two people wait on each other before marriage -- protection, condoms, STDs, AIDS, etc. never enter the picture.

2 people like this

"Meat on the street" had me laughing, you certainly do not mince your words. But yes I was referring to the rational of a one night stand and the problem I found using STD arguments to justify why I should not have sex till marriage with my friends. None of my friends have had any real medical problems with having one night stands - I only know two who have caught something but it was nothing that the doctor could not sort out. True that waiting prevents any realistic risk (unrealistic risks are catching STDs from their mother in the womb/breast milk or through mixing blood - but unrealistic) and I can see it as a benefit of waiting but I do not think it is a justifiable reason to wait.

Only clarification of my position rather than adding new justification.

for me, i think it is the right thing for me also im catholic and for my future husband i want to know he is my first and only man i loved that much, and i want him to know that too

1 person likes this

ow and btw the car excuse, is rubbish, its a person we are talking about here not a thing, you don't buy them, and i will have great sex because it will be ours, i wont have anything to compare it to, so whatever it turns out like in my eyes it will be amassing

1 person likes this

I am sorry I did not even test drive my actual new car. So why should I test drive before marriage? :o

Because I should not care about her defects after driving her - I am not buying her only to drive.

2 people like this

I am waiting until marriage because its the right thing to do, plain and simple. I've seen guys use women for sport and it sickens me. Then when the "typical" guy does decide to stay with someone, that someone is usually some nice girl who ends up being corrupted and is treated like a peice of meat by their so called "man". I've had a couple girls who have come to me with emotional problems because they cant even trust their own man to confort them and tell them everything is going to be alright. I mean its pretty bad when I know more about guy's girlfriends than they do. Not to mention many failed relationships takes a toll on peoples mental health. I've seen decent fun loving church girls evolve into single mother prostitutes with drug problems and happy go lucky gentlemen evolve into cruel merciless cold hearted shells because they get to a point where they've been around so many bad attitudes that it corrupts their mentality. The point is sex with multiple partners makes for bad relationships and bad mental health. The "test drive theroy" to me, is just a excuse used by players to get what they want and nothing more. Another thing too, any one who refers to a girl or guy as any inanement object is a scumb bag. Erasercrumbs defined the "test drive" theroy perfectly. People are much more complex. If we as a people was to do what ever feels good at the time being and only that. We would be nothing more than feral cave dwellers. But people are not like that. Any great act in history was commited to better other's lives. As far as STDs go, yeah they're cureable. Syphilis, herpies, ghonerrea, all cureable, as long as you take your pills every five hours on the dot for the rest of your life. Have you actually seen what these STDs do to people. Look it up on google images. I would rather be mustard gassed in WW1 than to catch that stuff. Although you should not base your relationship belifs just on not catching STDs. These are my thoughts and explanations of my thoughts.      

4 people like this

If you only ever had one car to drive, it'd be the best ride you ever had ;)

1 person likes this

A car is an object, you can replace it. A person is a person. A person has feelings and can't be replaced. Whenever I hear that, that to me says fuck you and your feelings I just want to fulfill my own personal needs

9 people like this