Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest John Morgan

Dream of a place

7 posts in this topic

I think a similar question has been asked in another forum, but not quite this specific. And this is posted in "Ask The Girls." So here's my question:

We all know that social media brings together a lot of people digitally, but they never meet. When it comes to finding a marriage partner, a face to face meeting has to happen. I haven't found iPerfectPartner yet. When you dream about Mr. Right, the waiter who is a perfect match for you, where are you meeting him and under what circumstances? In a crowded shopping mall throwing pennies in a fountain? On a plane sitting next to you? In a small church gathering? On a national park trail? In a restaurant waiting on your table? On a wildlife expedition? Say you were at this place and someone walked up to you and said "he is here" and he in fact was there, would you do anything out of the ordinary to communicate your waiting status to him? If so, what? I haven't thought this through myself. So it would probably take a little time for me to answer. I'm just asking you to dream of a script that would fit you - and share with the guys who are waiting what you consider to be a realistic possibility.

Oh that's a very interesting question. The truth is when I was single I used to dream up of a million different places and a million different conversations as to how I would meet the one.

Funny thing is, he came along at a time I totally didnt expect it and even though I didnt actually know he was waiting from any discussion we had I knew from the get go that he was special and that he was somehow different from the other guys I had dated in the past. It's funny but I instinctively trusted him and felt that he was someone I could rely on even though we had just met in a bar. And the great thing is, he has met my expectations 110%. :wub:

The place: An old fashioned old man's pub

The conversation: Anything and everything

The result: True love

1 person likes this

That is a great question! Usually we think of the dates we'll have, the wedding, blah blah, etc. Havent thought about how we'll meet. I like to read, so maybe at a bookstore, where we'll come accross a book we both like, and thus, a conversation sparks, an invitation to a date occurs, and ends happily ever after :P Not bad if I do sy so myself. Ill go to bookstores more often now!

Haha I think everyone thinks of this really. Personally I've alwayed hope to meet "the one" on my future travels across the world but I cant read the future so who knows. When I do finally meet that girl I like to think that will just catch each others eye and look at each other ( you know when you see a cute girl or guy and you look over for a second just to check them out and you see them checking you out too and you make eye contact just for a second) but instead of just averting your eyes, will both just smile and know ;) only time will tell tho :P

I guess that without even realizing it I've always imagined meeting him on some adventurous trip abroad while both fighting for a common cause. That's the ideal, though probably highly unrealistic.