Sally

Why Men Love B******

13 posts in this topic

My friend just started reading a book with that title and I looked it over and thought Id have to take it with a grain of salt. It talked about how to not be a nice girl and stan up for yourself. To me, you can stand up for yourself/have good self respect without being a b****. I was just curious to see what people here thought.

2 people like this

My friend just started reading a book with that title and I looked it over and thought Id have to take it with a grain of salt. It talked about how to not be a nice girl and stan up for yourself. To me, you can stand up for yourself/have good self respect without being a b****. I was just curious to see what people here thought.

I agree with you. I think some people do that (men and women) because they think this will get people's attention since, it is sometimes easier to be who you think you are then be who you really are. I think it takes a real man or woman to actually see the difference, and go for the image that is real and authentic.

2 people like this

Haha! Okay, here's what I think. I think you can stand up for yourself and have good self respect without being a b****. It takes a real woman to stand up for what she believes in without getting an attitude! Standing up for yourself requires passion. And you don't need to act like a b**** just to get others attention of what your saying.

If your b****y and are standing up for yourself, either you don't really care, or you don't have the heart to back yourself with.

You can be very nice and have passion/desire for standing up for what's right. In fact, I think it's only the nice girls who stand up for the right things anyway.

These are my thoughts, and I might realize something different later. So, you can be very nice and not b****y, trust me. You can also do it like the nice person you are :)

If someone is threatening my dignity, my safety, my self-esteem, i have no problem with being a bitch.

In fact, that's exactly when i think you're supposed to respond negatively.

Okay, this gave me some more thought. There are certain times where you have to be a little demanding. Cuz honostly, some people need some order and you need to show your serious. You can do it out of trying to help someone for the better, not out of biased opinions. So, if people give you reason to act like a b****, either you don't or you do it in a controlled matter.

If this makes sense.

Then again, none of us are perfect. We are still trying to learn throughout our entire lives how this world works. What we consider bit*** and what others consider bit*** could be two different things. Sometimes we just need to get things out. So, as long as that's not your character, I think it's healthy for all of us to do that once in a while.

Idk if this completely goes against what I said earlier, but these are my other thoughts.

Why men love badgers. What an excellent name for a book.

What is there not to love about badgers? Their little striped faces. Their cute paws.

2 people like this

It really depends on your definition of the word. I define it as a woman who has a bad attitude towards people and life in general. In short, someone who is disrespectful. I'm not talking about in the context of someone being rude to you first, but being disrespectful when you have no reason to be. If someone is threatening you physically, all bets are off. Unleash your inner demon. But I still think it's a sign of restraint and class to still be respectful to those who are rude to you. I wouldn't blame a woman for reacting negatively (I probably would) but I'd be really impressed with a woman who didn't.

In short, I would not go for one if we're using my definition. I don't even like referring to women as such because I think it's a demeaning term to women in general.

1 person likes this

I agree with Envincebal. I think the term is demeaning and I don't use it. Even if there are some nice pointers in that book about how to be a nice girl and stand up for yourself, it's a shame they had to give it that title. If I saw one titled something like "Respectful Assertiveness," that would more likely get my attention. The B word is definitely a turn off.

2 people like this

I think they (the author(s) of that book) are getting b**** confused with Beautiful Intelligent Talented Creative Honest.

In short, I would not go for one if we're using my definition. I don't even like referring to women as such because I think it's a demeaning term to women in general.

I think so too!

1 person likes this

I've noticed through my experience that the nice girls are the ones who lose interest and will mess around behind your back. The bitchy/edgy girls are usually the ones who are bitter from being screwed over, so I tend to lean towards dating girls who have a bitchy attitude.

I've noticed through my experience that the nice girls are the ones who lose interest and will mess around behind your back. The bitchy/edgy girls are usually the ones who are bitter from being screwed over, so I tend to lean towards dating girls who have a bitchy attitude.

That's very interesting. Cuz i'm a very nice girl, but I CAN'T stand being screwed over. If someone does, they can screw themselves cuz that's all their doing.

I also would not mess around behind a guys back like that, that's just wrong. So I agree with you on some of that, but just to let you know bro that it's not like that for every nice girl or bi***y/edgy girl.

Still very interesting to know.

1 person likes this

That's too bad LTD. I guess its harder to find genuine people nowadays. :( I think I fall between the two. I can be really nice, but I can be pretty bitter.

2 people like this

That's too bad LTD. I guess its harder to find genuine people nowadays. :( I think I fall between the two. I can be really nice, but I can be pretty bitter.

I'm the same. That's what waiting does to us :D